REAPING THE WHIRLWIND

goodfielder

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:05 am
Nobby as Jesus - give me a few minutes with that one...nope, doesn't work for me although perhaps when Jesus gave the moneychangers a flogging in the temple......very Nobby-like Very Happy
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:11 am
Well how about Georgie Best? He had long hair and a beard. Angelic feet. And women used to worship him....very nearly Jesus. But he was a Prod from Belfast so I suppose that rules him out.

ps was Jesus catholic or protestant anyone know?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 09:04 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Many years ago there used to be a man parading around Old Trafford football ground on match days with a placard proclaiming "Repent!" When someone told him to sod off he asked "what would you do if Jesus came down to earth today?"

Also many years ago, there was some guy going around to nationally televised football games wearing an outrageous, Afro-style wig in Day-Glo colors. The television cameras began to focus on him.

He became such a fixture at so many games that Sports Illustrated finally ran a story on him. Must have been a really slow sports news month, let me tell you. By that time, the guy had graduated to religion, and pretty much the whole story was about that. Religion in pro sports was a fairly rare topic back then-how sweet that was.

Unfortunately, the religion in sports business caught on in the USA, especially football, and now almost every interview with a football player turns into a testament. Sheesh.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 12:54 pm
We're regressing to tribalism.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:16 pm
sumac wrote:
We're regressing to tribalism.

that explains all of the tattoos and really gnarly piercings. Laughing

i see what you mean though. "we got our god over here!". "yup, we got one over here, too. and he's prettier"...etc. add that into all of the regional weirdness that's popped up lately and ya got new movie.
0 Replies