Help An Online Dating Newbie Regarding Scammers

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2024 07:13 am
I am hoping you guys can help me identify if this person is a may be romance scammer.

I signed up to an online dating site recently and had a short conversation with someone who may be a scammer. I tried to get help from their support but they were too busy to even read the chat properly.

The guist is that I am quite religiously conservative, and I tried, naturally, to speak with a conservative looking girl. By conversative I mean really conversative, the girl was dressed in a full length grey skirt that made her look like a Mennonite.

I have no problem with that by the way, but that is important because the girl said that I had to ask her father's permission on a telephone number in order to talk to her.

This might be plausible given her background but it could also be scam. Everyone knows that scammers will try to get the victim to talk off the dating site as quickly as possible.

I then suggested a letter but she said her father had an eyesight problem.

Should I run away now or is there a safe way to conduct this telephone call.

Mame

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2024 10:34 am
@gentleman456,
If you have so many doubts, I think you should end it now. Find someone else.
0 Replies

RPhalange

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2024 01:02 pm
@gentleman456,
I agree with the other poster.

It also seems weird that a Mennonite or someone similar would be on an online dating site even if it were say a Christian dating site. If she needs permission to talk with you from her father then it seems really strange that she would even be allowed to be on such a site.
gentleman456

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2024 06:05 am
@RPhalange,
Hi
Good advise I thought so.

I am glad I was able to ask more experienced people.
0 Replies