Politics, friends, lovers & significant others.

msolga

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:40 pm
You're here, Setanta! And so quick! Surprised
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:43 pm
I've had trouble sleeping of late because one of my eyes is bothering me--so i've been sleeping at odd hours, and up at odd hours.

I am at a loss to explain the difference between the social ethos (damn it, stop winkin' at me ! ! !) in which i was raised, and that of Miss Soz. Perhaps it is a difference in age. When i was a young punk in college, these things mattered a great deal more, and we discussed them more than i did later in life. Nevertheless, i ended up with a gf who thought the sun rose and set on Ayn Rand, and was your basic conservative.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:47 pm
NEVER!!!!! Never here!!!!!

Ayn ******* Rand?

Who are you?Occom Bill????

My goddess.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:48 pm
Lust & love can lead one to the strangest places, Set! :wink:

(I'm sorry about your eye-induced insomnia. Is it just very uncomfortable or painful?)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:51 pm
I'm not gonna touch that straight line . . . yes, it's very painful at the moment . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:52 pm
I'm probably not helping at all being here, and may be making it worse. However, at this time of day here, there's no one to talk to . . .
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:53 pm
Aw, sorry about that! Sad
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:55 pm
Don't be upset, My Dear, Sweet Ukranian Witch . . . i'm resigned, and becoming accustomed . . .
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:23 am
Would it help matters if you rested your eye for a bit, Setanta? (Not that I'd want you to remove yourself from A2K, but I'm thinking about that eye ...) Some years ago I had a hideously painful bout of neuralgia that really caused havoc with one of my eyes. Agony! Shocked And often worst at night, too. <sigh>) Anyway, I became a great fan of good radio during that time. No choice - TV or reading (my addiction!) were out of the question. (pre-internet) I even took to wearing an eye patch to reduce glare. Cool It was horrible & I feel for you, Set. The eyes are SO sensitive & SO painful when something like this happens. Consider resting your eyes for a bit, hey?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:24 am
'K . . . i'm listening to Handel oratorios on the radio right now, but i'm really at a loss, the internet or reading being the only pursuits i have . . .
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:29 am
I know. That's how I felt at the time of my nasty episode. Sad I also became a fanatical cook, amongst other things. A very confronting period.
A thought: would an eye patch help? (Don't laugh!) To rest THAT eye?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:31 am
I do sit here with the eye closed . . . but, of course, that screws my depth perception . . .
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:33 am
Seriously, ask your doctor about the advisability of an eye patch, Set. Not perfect vision, I grant you, but it might reduce the pressure & pain on the vulnerable eye.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 01:11 am
Bodhisattvawannabe wrote:
I guess if someone's political views were abhorrent to me (like Rush Limbaugh Rolling Eyes ) I would never get close enough to them to be friends or in a relationship. However, I have had friends and lovers with very different views than me and its only lead to some interesting conversations and pillowtalk, respectively.

Your attitude to relationships sound amazingly sane to me, Bodhisattvawannabe! I'm impressed! Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 03:13 am
Damned eyes be letting a lot of folk down......one would almost think us one-eyed....

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Set)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Bodhisattvawannabe

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 06:41 am
msolga wrote:
Bodhisattvawannabe wrote:
I guess if someone's political views were abhorrent to me (like Rush Limbaugh Rolling Eyes ) I would never get close enough to them to be friends or in a relationship. However, I have had friends and lovers with very different views than me and its only lead to some interesting conversations and pillowtalk, respectively.

Your attitude to relationships sound amazingly sane to me, Bodhisattvawannabe! I'm impressed! Very Happy

Not being very political myself helps. Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 06:42 am
So that's the secret! Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 06:48 am
Hmmm - enough difference to add spice - but not enough to add gunpowder sounds the thing in the bedroom.

Well, gunpowder is prolly ok for a fling (but not nukes thankee!) but a tad wearing for a long term thing, methinks.
0 Replies