Where Are All The W.M.D.s?

ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 11:11 am
McGentrix wrote:
Or, they have been moved to Syria, or Iran.

Or, they've been buried in the sand.

Or, maybe they have been implanted up Saddam's Ass.

It's amazing that so many governments in the world can be wrong about Saddam having WMD's, yet a minority of civilians can be right. It's a shame that 15 governments who voted unanimously that Saddam had WMD's (1441) should be run by such morons. If only they had listened to your theories about the WMD's and then we could have lived in your safe, fuzzy world.

I'm under the impression McGentrix believes they're there, somewhere.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 11:13 am
ehBeth wrote:
McGentrix, if the WMD's exist, and if the U.S. knows where they are - what is the benefit of not revealing that/those location/s?

See, that's a common misconception...The US knew where they WERE. Then, we had to show all the evidence to the UN publicly because the liberals around the world needed proof. After we showed the world our Intelligence, Iraq had the time necessary to either hide/destroy those weapons because they knew they were sunk.

So, now when we can't find the weapons, everyone cries "Where are the weapons?!" all the administration can say is they don't know.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 11:27 am
Well, if the reason was that he' a dictator, with blood on his hands, why not invade Korea?...O-o-h-h, that's right they don't have oil. Remember in Bush's speech, as he was announcing his intention to send youngsters to kill, and be killed? "whatever you do don't destroy, YOUR oil fields."
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 11:42 am
Booman wrote:
Well, if the reason was that he' a dictator, with blood on his hands, why not invade Korea?...O-o-h-h, that's right they don't have oil. Remember in Bush's speech, as he was announcing his intention to send youngsters to kill, and be killed? "whatever you do don't destroy, YOUR oil fields."

Now your just spouting leftist propoganda. It the same reason we have different foriegn policy for every country.

We can use economic leverage against NK without having to resort to invasion. We couldn't do that against Iraq because as the Guardian pointed out Wolfowitz as saying "Iraq is floating on an ocean of oil."

Now, stop using that "NK doesn't have oil" arguement.

I also do not remember that Bush quote.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 12:58 pm
Okay, it's a coincidence............................ :wink:

Some people on this forum, have a knack for finding transcripts.. It was that tuesday night, when he told the nation, and the world: "The wolf tickets are over....IT'S ON SUCKAS, LET'S DO THIS!"

(Okay, maybe that's not an EXACT quote, but that's the gist of it.)
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 01:16 pm
Thanks, Aquiunk. I bridle a bit at linking the "dictator that needs to be removed" with the casus belli -- that's what the White House does. As Wolfowitz noted, they used whatever argument would get them war. That may be allowable if you're a broker trying to sell a hot stock, but it's out of the question if you're the president trying to "sell" war to Congress and the country.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 01:17 pm
BTW McG,
...Lest you think I'm an unbalanced, one dimensional, Left-winger. Copy and paste the link below, and see a taste of my practical side. It might bring a joyful tear, to your patriotic eyes. http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5627

OHMIGAWD!...I didn't know I could put a click on up there. Forget about the copy and paste stuff. Smile
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 01:19 pm
No wonder the kid stayed in kindergarten. "The dog ate my WMD's" doesn't really work beyond that level.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 01:23 pm
Tartarin,
...Why do I get the feeling, any minute, you're going to ask McG, to go stand in the corner? Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 01:39 pm
Somebody else is already using the "dunce" cap?
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 01:56 pm
I'm not going to tell you who's wearing it C.I., but he recently fell off a segway, while out playing with his daddy. (Snicker...I had a Gerald Ford flashback Twisted Evil )
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 02:40 pm
There have been plenty of reasons given why Gerald Ford lost the election to Carter. I have always maintained it is because the media followed him around, pretty much saying, "Watch the idiot bump his head again."
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 02:50 pm
Well, at least he gave the world, Chevy Chase, and Homer Simpson...DO'H!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 02:56 pm
Barton Gellman of the Washington Post reports that Task Force 20, recruited from the Army's Delta Force, has been in Iraq looking for chemical and biological weapons, long-range missiles and other forbidden items since last March. What have they found?

A high-ranking administration official blusteringly warns, "People who say there are no weapons are going to be quite embarrassed within weeks or months, when the material comes out." But Gellman evidently gives more credence to officials closer to the scene, whose views are quite different:

"Sources with firsthand knowledge of [Task Force 20's] mission and personnel, and others with access to its reports, said the team has found no working nonconventional munitions, long-range missiles or missile parts, bulk stores of chemical or biological warfare agents or enrichment technology for the core of a nuclear weapon."

Not for lack of effort. The task force "has shipped hundreds of samples to Army and Navy laboratories in Maryland," a "senior officer" told the Post, "including about 90 this month." So far, none of those hundreds of samples has turned up definitively positive.

Wa Po

I don't believe that we will find WMD in Iraq unless they are buried under 300 feet of sand, or unless they are planted.

I think if the administration thought they would have had to plant them, they would have already done so. With everyone looking now, they can't pull it off without being caught, which would make things even more embarrassing than they already are.

And as I have previously posted, it's no longer about the WMD's--it's about the lying.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 03:08 pm
For many Americans, it's no longer about lying. Didn't you know? We did it to free the Iraqi's from Saddam - the monster. c.i.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 03:13 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Somebody else is already using the "dunce" cap?

And as soon as you add something constructive, you can take it of... :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 03:19 pm
Lighten up, McGent. After my turn, it's yours. c.i.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 03:20 pm
Perspective....
...People don't want to believe things right under their nose, sometimes because it's so objectionable, and implausible, it's not acceptable. It's not easy to detach one's self, and look at a situation with objectivity, especially amidst patriotc ferver, and rising economy. Like I said in my post, http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5627 , When the oil prices go down, they will go down for us "bleeding heart Liberals," as well. This all makes it hard to see historic parallels.
...The economy was in a freefall. Our leader, found justification for invading other countries. The economy, is onn the rise again. Sound familiar?....Seig Heil!
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 03:22 pm
Where oh where (hand me the dunce cap) did I just read an article which shows (via poll, I think) that people are getting much more sensitized to the lying issue. I think it was one of the myriad excerpts I posted in A2K yesterday. In any event, lying is now being noticed though probably not among Bush's biggest fans. Theory: If you are one of Bush's biggest fans and you're beginning to have doubts, feel uneasy, I don't think you're going to admit it to yourself very fast, and certainly not to a pollster.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 03:29 pm
Booman, are you actually equating the US to Nazi Germany?

And you seemed like you knew what you were saying...
0 Replies