Where Are All The W.M.D.s?

Booman

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 05:03 pm
IIf you want to know if Dubya is lying, there's a way to tell.........His lips move. (brrrrm..ping!) No,no, I was only serious, folks. Laughing

Edgar,
...On Meet the Press, Condaleeza Rice, validified the evidence of WMD's, by saying, this administration had evidence and proof of same from a MULTITUDE, of intelligence sources, from various countries. Mr. Russert failed to ask, and I'm still wondering; How could the regime in Iraq, be so inept at hiding the WMD's, while they were in full power and functioning, and then, when the bombing started and the members of the regime were being destroyed, or scattered to the 4 winds, they bcame so adept at concealing the WMD's, that NO evidence, has been discovered, months later. Confused
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 05:34 pm
They must have David Copperfield in their employ.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 05:40 pm
Either that or weapons of mass destruction simply mass destruct...how convenient.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 06:24 pm
edgar, The magic that Saddam performed on hiding those WMD's requires a greater skill than David. From thousands of tons to zero instantaneously is the kind of magic that still doesn't exist on our planet. Don't forget, our intelligence knew where they were being manufactured and were it was 'hidden.' c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 06:24 pm
pooof!
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 06:47 pm
But Brut...er...Bush, is an honorable man. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 08:11 pm
I love this false dilemma McGentrix offers (Bush vs Sadaam in the truth-telling contest). It's rather like leaving home for the evening satisfied that you didn't pick the serial murderer to babysit the kids, you went with the burglar instead.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 08:22 pm
Booman, You know, that bridge offer, sounds interesting. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 08:25 am
Or, they have been moved to Syria, or Iran.

Or, they've been buried in the sand.

Or, maybe they have been implanted up Saddam's Ass.

It's amazing that so many governments in the world can be wrong about Saddam having WMD's, yet a minority of civilians can be right. It's a shame that 15 governments who voted unanimously that Saddam had WMD's (1441) should be run by such morons. If only they had listened to your theories about the WMD's and then we could have lived in your safe, fuzzy world.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 08:34 am
McGentrix wrote:
Or, they have been moved to Syria, or Iran.

Or, they've been buried in the sand.

Or, maybe they have been implanted up Saddam's Ass.

It's amazing that so many governments in the world can be wrong about Saddam having WMD's, yet a minority of civilians can be right. It's a shame that 15 governments who voted unanimously that Saddam had WMD's (1441) should be run by such morons. If only they had listened to your theories about the WMD's and then we could have lived in your safe, fuzzy world.

OR THEY MAY HAVE BEEN DESTROYED -- AND THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION MAY HAVE LIED AND FABRICATED AN EXCUSE TO ATTACK IRAQ -- AND MAYBE THOSE OTHER COUNTRIES HAD OTHER REASONS TO BUY INTO OUR LIES.

We really don't know -- but right now, it does seem more likely that the large stores of weapons supposedly there are not there -- and it now does seem more likely that the Bush Administration invented and/or "managed" evidence so that they could do what they wanted to do.

McG -- when the move to war was being pushed with such urgency -- it seemed the vast majority of the free world was opposed to the move because the vast majority wanted to give more time to check out if the danger really existed.

Your unyielding defense of the Bush administration does seem to be more an ideological impulse than a logical imperitive.

That having been said, allow me to acknowledge that I despise George Dubya and consider him to be the most ignorant individual ever to hold the high office he does. So that may be tainting my commentary also.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 09:24 am
I repeat: Almost all of the world said Bush was a liar prior to the war. No one has seen fit to print a retraction (no one that I have discovered).
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 10:03 am
Most likely because you have failed to produce anything to back your statement up with.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 10:12 am
McG -- We walked you through kindergarten, showed you middle school, opene the door to high school, offered you a college degree, held out graduate school as a destiny, and where are you? Still sitting in one of those teensy little chairs by one of those teensy little tables staring at the big alphabet letters on the wall wailing, I dunno, I dunno, I dunno.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 10:14 am
LOL
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 10:26 am
It's kind of sad, really! c.i.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 10:39 am
Bill Kellere had an Op/Ed piece in the New York Times today in which he pointed out the Saddam was " a dictator with a proven desire for dreadful weapons". So McGentrix has a point. The larger point. I think, is that was not the reason the administration argued for the war. They claimed to have proof that Saddam had them and would use them. That claim is clearly false and the major victim of that claim is our own credibility.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 10:47 am
"Bill Kellere had an Op/Ed piece in the New York Times today in which he pointed out the Saddam was 'a dictator with a proven desire for dreadful weapons'. So McGentrix has a point."

And the point is?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 10:49 am
Yuck it up Tar.

It's real easy to make a statement, watch.

Some Democrats, Liberals, and Non-republicans are stinky. Some are also uneducated, and like to molest children.

See? Real easy.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 11:05 am
McGentrix, if the WMD's exist, and if the U.S. knows where they are - what is the benefit of not revealing that/those location/s?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 11:06 am
McGentrix's original point was that Hussein was a dictator that need to be removed from power. I think that is a valid point. But how you go about accomplishing that is crucial and the Bush administration clearly took the wrong way and badly damaged the credibility of this country in the process. The WMD argument was clearly false
0 Replies