Is she cheating on me?

Montana

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 10:54 pm
iknow wrote:
fiver wrote:
This debate has been really helpful my friends but has done little to ease the pain of the fact that my little darling goes elsewhere takes down her underwear and spreads herself for willing sexual intercourse with .....

well if you're sure you can cheat on her to balance it out.

It doesn't work that way!
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 10:57 pm
Montana wrote:
iknow wrote:
fiver wrote:
This debate has been really helpful my friends but has done little to ease the pain of the fact that my little darling goes elsewhere takes down her underwear and spreads herself for willing sexual intercourse with .....

well if you're sure you can cheat on her to balance it out.

It doesn't work that way!

i think it does. that way he will feel less badly about her cheating on him. less guilty.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 11:02 pm
No he won't. It'll just make him feel worse. Two wrongs never make a right.
All it would do is make him as bad as her, if she was actually cheating.
Why would you ever lower your standards to someone elses level out of spite? You'd only be hurting yourself by doing this.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 11:03 pm
He cheats on her, he throws away his own self respect!
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 11:03 pm
Montana wrote:
No he won't. It'll just make him feel worse. Two wrongs never make a right.
All it would do is make him as bad as her, if she was actually cheating.
Why would you ever lower your standards to someone elses level out of spite? You'd only be hurting yourself by doing this.

no it would jsut be converting the relationship to a free love type instead of the regular type. no biggie.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 11:06 pm
Easy for you to say! If it was my relationship, it would be a huge biggie!
A free love relationship is one you'll never see me in and somehow I don't think fiver would consider it either.
0 Replies

fiver

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 05:29 am
If I'm right and she is playing away then she is just a cheap whore as you put it
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 05:50 am
Quote:
She Flaunts this guy. Hey I was the funny guy that made her laugh the emphasis on was.

The loss of a job can be very devastating to a man, especially if he defines himself by his ability to provide. It sounds to me that you are feeling vulnerable, and now your wife comes along, rambling about this guy.

It seems to me that you are feeling put-down and disrespected. You have no idea as to whether she is cheating or not (from what I have read), but you are suspecting the worst.

IMO, you really need to sit down and talk to your wife. Clear the air. Tell her that you become upset when she goes prattling on about the guy. Tell her that you need her emotional support right now. Don't be accusatory, it will solve nothing, and simply drive a bigger wedge between you.

Quote:
it would jsut be converting the relationship to a free love type instead of the regular type. no biggie.

How a relationship works is best decided in advance by both the parties involved. If she HAS cheated, (and we don't know that she has) you cheating too, does not make the marriage a free love arrangement. It is a regular marriage, where both parties cheat.

Right now you are hurt and confused. You married this woman for a reason. Talk to her, and get this whole thing out in the open. Good luck!
0 Replies

fiver

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 05:58 am
I've no intention of cheating but my gut instinct, sixth sense, whatever we call it tells me she is and Im not prepared to continue living a lie
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 06:05 am
fiver- In my younger days, especially when I had some rough points in my marriage, I have had what could be called, a number of "emotional affairs". I would be attracted to someone, fall in love, and spend a lot of time fantacizing, (and talking) about the person.

Sometimes the "affair" would be from afar. Sometimes it was a person with whom I had close contact, like at work. But I did not cheat physically, and eventually, the infatuation would pass.

You married your wife for a reason. You love her. You don't know that she is cheating on you, but you are too quick to judge her. Try to open yourself up to her. Allow the two of you to work things out. Your marriage will be stronger for it.
0 Replies

fiver

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 06:14 am
Not if she s screwing around it wont!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 06:18 am
fiver- It sounds to me that you have her "convicted" already. In that case, there is nothing more than I can say to you. If you are not willing to talk this out with her, it appears that you have made up your mind already.

This does not sound like love to me. Whether she is cheating or not, I now have a good idea as to why she has to go outside the marriage for emotional fulfillment! Sad
0 Replies

fiver

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 06:52 am
My fault then? Jesus!!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 06:57 am
Marriage is a "work in progress", and it is HARD work. As soon as one of the partners throws up his hands, and won't attempt to work out the bumpy places, the marriage is doomed. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy!
0 Replies

fiver

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 06:59 am
Interesting you say 'his' hands. I got into this relationship for life and if she has gone elsewhere that is the worst betrayal, end of story because I'm worth more than that.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 07:04 am
fiver- One more time, (and I suspect this will be the last). You don't know that she is cheating. She might be, and then again she might not. You don't seem to be willing to find out.

If I were on trial, I would not want you on the jury. I suspect that you would have made your mind up that I was guilty, before the all the evidence was presented!
0 Replies

fiver

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 07:06 am
I'll find out today and if she is , is it still my fault? Dont think so.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 07:10 am
Why do you think in terms of fault? Marriage is much too complicated for that.
0 Replies

fiver

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 07:11 am
Maybe so but screwing around is not an integral factor, sorry.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 07:22 am
fiver wrote:
Maybe so but screwing around is not an integral factor, sorry.

But you don't know whether she is screwing around. Cross that bridge if and when you come to it!
0 Replies