Is she cheating on me?

fiver

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 07:28 pm
She cant stop talking about a man at work. I caught a text from him to her and she laughed it off then spent the next 3 hours being nice to me in a manner totally out of context
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,973 • Replies: 102
No top replies

iknow

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 07:28 pm
maybe she likes him more than you as a friend, but she still likes you more sexually, and you're confusing it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 07:34 pm
Can't say if she's cheating or not, but it does sound like she at least has the hots for the guy.
0 Replies

fiver

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 07:35 pm
He's only been working there 3 weeks and is her major topic of conversation. If it's innocent why is he texting her out of hours and was only caught doing it because she for once in the last 3 weeks forgot to put her mobile on silent?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 07:38 pm
I'm afraid it doesn't sound very good.

How long have you been together? Are you married? Have any children?
0 Replies

fiver

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 07:48 pm
Why the probing questions? I just want advice as cto why my partner appears to be bessotted with another man which is p....ng me off BIG time
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 07:51 pm
I can better give advice when given more information.

Sorry I asked and tried to be of some help!
0 Replies

fiver

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 07:58 pm
Sorry, Im angry. We've been together 4 years, no kids, both late 30's and Im totally faithful. Why has she been talking about this guy to me? She is far from stupid and seems to think it quite natural to mention him as though he is a life long friend.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:06 pm
I understand that you're angry, but please know that I'm not the enemy and that I'm not trying to hurt you. I feel your pain because I've been there and I'll never forget how hurt and angry I was. In my case, we have a child, which made it even harder.

If you don't mind my asking, how has your relationship with her been going? Have you had any problems lately? I hate to ask so many questions, but it's the only way I can offer advice with your situation.
If you prefer not to answer, that's ok too. Just tell me that you'd rather not answer.
0 Replies

fiver

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:17 pm
This is my first venture to a discussion board and I'm wary, very wary. Forgive me but I want really good advice and am loath to unburden my turmoil to a stranger. Here goes. I was made redundant from my job 3 months ago, I earned £40,000 and am searching employment, she is providing .....

Why is she apparrently looking elsewhere when in the past I provided ?
0 Replies

OperaGhost

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:26 pm
It may not be you. It just may be that he is working in the same department as her and they have to talk a lot. He may even be gay. Maybe you could sit down with her (if she's willing) and have a heart-to-heart with her and tell her your concerns? Good luck.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:34 pm
I can understand why you're wary, but sometimes it's better to talk to strangers about things because you know I'm not going to pick sides, since I don't know either one of you personally. I don't know your name or anything about you, which is why I need at least a little bit of information about your relationship to be able to provide you with the best advice I can.

Ok, so you're out of work, which could be making her feel a bit insecure at the moment. She could just be blowing off steam with this guy and it could be nothing. I don't like the feeling I get when you say that she talks about him all the time, because this shows that she is at least somewhat infatuated with him.
There's a guy I work with that I'm attracted too and I know I talk about him a lot, so this alone makes me wonder.

I think it's very important for you to sit down and have a long talk with her about how she's feeling and you need to be calm when you do talk to her or you won't get any answers.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:36 pm
I would also like to add that I don't think she's cheating on you for the simple fact that she talks about him. I'd be more worried if she stops talking about him.

Does that make sense?
0 Replies

fiver

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:38 pm
Is she cheating on me
Montana. i was looking for advice and help, never mind ey?
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:47 pm
and when you first meet people you're initially very excited about them. it goes away a little. and someitmes therea re strong connections but not necessarily they dnot' have to be sexual ones just cause its a strong connection. i would recomend stealing her phone and reading her text messages.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:47 pm
That's what I was doing. You're obviously looking for a magic solution to make it all go away and good luck with that.

Sorry I wasted your time and mine.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:51 pm
You tried, Montana.

My advice to the guy is to join the Foreign Legion.
0 Replies

fiver

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:51 pm
God I wish I could navigate this site better. Ignore my last message as it was sent before I got your last 2.
I hear you, but the fact that I know she is at best flirting with this guy and at worst screwing him is no consolation. I feel like **** because there is DEFINITELY something going on and I feel physically sick at the thought of it. You mentioned the scenario of her ' blowing off steam ', why?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:52 pm
Since you are now being civil to Montana, you may ignore my previous message, fiver.

Carry on.
0 Replies

OperaGhost

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:54 pm
Seriously fiver, have you talked to her about it? And I mean a real talk, like sit down and discuss in a calm manner. It always helped me to find out everything that was going on in my relationships. And believe me, I've been in your place before. Talking is I think the best way to go.
0 Replies