A nice guy but…

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2022 04:42 pm
I thought I finally found a compatible and nice man I’ve been dating a while. We have much in common. He is also a creature of habit. From the clothes he wears to bed to the breakfast he eats, everything is the same day to day.
He loves the town he lives in and has been there most of his life. No reason to believe he’d ever move. He told me he enjoys travel.
I on the other hand am willing to try new things within reason.
He wants me to move in with him full time and be a “couple”.
If I don’t feel the same way is that an issue I have?
I do enjoy being with him but find after a few days his routines can be overwhelming to me and I need my own space.
He does try to plan out interesting things to do but there’s always in his area.
Should I break it off or at least talk to him and tell him I’m not ready to jump in with both feet (at least not now)?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 984 • Replies: 4

jespah

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2022 04:37 am
@Blinders333,
You can continue to date and not move in just yet.

You're just not ready yet. Period.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2022 08:05 am
There's a big 'but' between you. One of you will be stifled, or the other will be dragged around.

90% compatibility can be nulled by 10% incompatibility.

Jespah is right: no need to break up, and no hurry to make a couple. It gives both a chance to "grow" or compromise.
0 Replies

Mrknowspeople

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2022 10:07 am
@Blinders333,
I read some of the things in here and feel sorry for the hygenically challenged or those who are not as wealthy with friends or family. This sounsds like the guy isn't great as his OP. You should speak to him and given him notice to say. He'll be hurt and you probably have another man to jump to...
0 Replies

Weah16Dratini

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2022 09:13 pm
@Blinders333,
My personal advice is to talk to him.
If you have any wishes, you should take the initiative to say it, and don't let people guess.
0 Replies