Is Bush Slipping Into Insanity?

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:44 am
"I only wear black socks." Prolly made in China.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 11:05 am
Bush: Protesters don't want US to win war on terror
Bush Believes Those Who Protest Iraq War Don't Want U.S. to Win 'War on Terror,' Spokesman Says
By Editors & Publishers Staff
Published: August 23, 2005 11:30 AM ET

NEW YORKMeeting briefly with reporters Monday aboard Air Force One, Trent Duffy, a White House spokesman subbing for Scott McClellan, said that President Bush believes that those who want the U.S. to begin to change course in Iraq do not want America to win the overall "war on terror."

Duffy spoke on a day when a surprisingly large antiwar protest met the president during his stay in Salt Lake City, Utah, where he addressed a Veterans of Foreign Wars convention.

Speaking to reporters, Duffy said that Bush "can understand that people don't share his view that we must win the war on terror, and we cannot retreat and cut and run from terrorists, but he just has a different view. He believes it would be a fundamental mistake right now for us to cut and run in the face of terrorism, because if we've learned anything, especially from the 9/11 Commission Report, it is that to continue to retreat after the Cole, after Beirut and Somalia is to only empower terrorists and to give them more recruiting tools as they try to identify ways to harm Americans.

"So he believes that people have a fundamental right to express their views. That's one of the reasons we're fighting this war on terrorism, to protect our fundamental rights. But at the same time, he disagrees strongly."

The briefing ended with this exchange:

Q Cindy Sheehan's group is airing commercials in Utah, again asking the President to meet with her. And there's going to be protests planned. Is the President -- does he know about these protests, about these commercials at all, and does he have any response?

MR. DUFFY: No. I don't have any -- there are people along the side of the road wherever the President goes, supporters and others. So the President is certainly aware. But, again, he believes that Americans, obviously, have a right to express their views. That's part of being American. That's one of the things we're fighting for.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 11:16 am
"But again, he believes that Americans, obviously, have a right to express their views."

However, what the neocons are good at is character assassination when they don't agree with the message. Hyprocrites all!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 12:03 pm
Sheesh. It's even worse than I thought (and I think it's pretty bad):
Quote:
Bush's Obscene Tirades Rattle White House Aides

While President George W. Bush travels around the country in a last-ditch effort to sell his Iraq war, White House aides scramble frantically behind the scenes to hide the dark mood of an increasingly angry leader who unleashes obscenity-filled outbursts at anyone who dares disagree with him.

"I'm not meeting again with that goddamned bitch," Bush screamed at aides who suggested he meet again with Cindy Sheehan, the war-protesting mother whose son died in Iraq. "She can go to hell as far as I'm concerned!"

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/uploads/082505bush.jpg
Bush flashes the bird, something aides say he does often and has been doing since his days as governor of Texas.

Bush, administration aides confide, frequently explodes into tirades over those who protest the war, calling them "m***********g traitors." He reportedly was so upset over Veterans of Foreign Wars members who wore "bullshit protectors" over their ears during his speech to their annual convention that he told aides to "tell those VFW assholes that I'll never speak to them again is they can't keep their members under control."

White House insiders say Bush is growing increasingly bitter over mounting opposition to his war in Iraq. Polls show a vast majority of Americans now believe the war was a mistake and most doubt the President's honesty.

"Who gives a flying **** what the polls say," he screamed at a recent strategy meeting. "I'm the President and I'll do whatever I goddamned please. They don't know ****."

Bush, whiles setting up for a photo op for signing the recent CAFTA bill, flipped an extended middle finger to reporters. Aides say the President often "flips the bird" to show his displeasure and tells aides who disagree with him to "go to hell" or to "go **** yourself." His habit of giving people the finger goes back to his days as Texas governor, aides admit, and videos of him doing so before press conferences were widely circulated among TV stations during those days. A recent video showing him shooting the finger to reporters while walking also recently surfaced.

Bush's behavior, according to prominent Washington psychiatrist, Dr. Justin Frank, author of "Bush on the Couch: Inside the Mind of the President," is all too typical of an alcohol-abusing bully who is ruled by fear.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/duncanblack/bushscowl2.jpg
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 01:33 pm
that about covers it...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 01:37 pm
PDid, That resembles cjh's erection. They must have some'tn going there! LOL
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 01:48 pm
Keep'um coming PDiddie.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 09:16 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
PDid, That resembles cjh's erection. They must have some'tn going there! LOL

That bird of Bush's is waaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than cj's boner.

Amigo wrote:
Keep'um coming PDiddie.

And I thought Ticomaya was just blowing his usual cigar smoke when he said I had a fan club.

Gracias tanto, senores.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 11:56 pm
PDiddie,This kind of stuff needs to get out were people can see it. If people like you don't then who's going to? Not the papers.
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 10:46 am
PDiddie wrote:
Sheesh. It's even worse than I thought (and I think it's pretty bad):
Quote:
Bush's Obscene Tirades Rattle White House Aides

Is it January 2009 yet? I've got to believe that virtually ANYONE (Republican or Democrat) will be an improvement as our next President. George the Lesser is the worst President in my lifetime (which includes Nixon and Lyndon Johnson) and I believe one of the worst in the entire history of our generally noble country.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 10:51 am
He'd have to work pretty damned hard to be worse than Warren Harding, but he certainly seems to be making a run for the title.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 10:54 am
Set
I'd rate Bush and Harding tied for first place right now, with signs of Bush pulling ahead.

BBB
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 10:57 am
Setanta wrote:
He'd have to work pretty damned hard to be worse than Warren Harding, but he certainly seems to be making a run for the title.

I don't see Harding as any more corrupt with patronage for his oil industry buddies than Bush and to Harding's credit, he didn't invade a foreign country or fabricate nonsense such as Bush's "pre-emption doctrine" to justify his doing so.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 11:04 am
I know it's a left wing site and it may have been posted already, but this is hilarious.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7262.shtml
Quote:
Vets Aren't Buying Bush's B.S.
By Staff and Wire Reports
Aug 24, 2005, 01:27

George W. Bush should realize he is trouble when veterans wear bullshit protectors to avoid hearing his attempts to justify his war in Iraq.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/uploads/bush_slc104_08-23-2005_hh4aoci.jpg
Bill Moyer, 73, wears a "B.S. Protector" flap while President Bush addresses the Veterans of Foreign Wars at their 106th convention Monday in Salt Lake City. Moyer served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam.
Veterans wearing "B.S. Protector" ear flaps sat silently in the audience of the 106th convention of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Monday in Salt Lake City while Bush tired to compare his failed war in Iraq to both world wars and other great conflicts of the 20th century.

With the anti-war movement finding new momentum behind grieving mother Cindy Sheehan, Bush acknowledged the fighting in Iraq is difficult and dangerous. But he told the Veterans of Foreign Wars national convention the fight is necessary to keep terrorists out of the United States.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 12:19 pm
AllanSwann wrote:
Setanta wrote:

I don't see Harding as any more corrupt with patronage for his oil industry buddies than Bush and to Harding's credit, he didn't invade a foreign country or fabricate nonsense such as Bush's "pre-emption doctrine" to justify his doing so.

I certainly can't argue with that. I'd simply suggest that Harding (more accurately, Mrs. Harding) didn't have handlers with the same subtlety. Much of the country still believes the Shrub is an honest man.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 12:48 pm
AllanSwann wrote:
Is it January 2009 yet? I've got to believe that virtually ANYONE (Republican or Democrat) will be an improvement as our next President. George the Lesser is the worst President in my lifetime (which includes Nixon and Lyndon Johnson) and I believe one of the worst in the entire history of our generally noble country.

couldn't have said it better myself.

my generation got kennedy. the next got reagan.

and what does my nephew get ? george bush ?

doesn't seem quite fair to me. Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 12:51 pm
Well, Bush and Ahnold are neck-and-neck in the performance ratings - below forty percent. I wonder how many more dead American soldiers are gonna win over that 35 percent to the sane side?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:01 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Well, Bush and Ahnold are neck-and-neck in the performance ratings - below forty percent. I wonder how many more dead American soldiers are gonna win over that 35 percent to the sane side?

not gonna happen. it could get down to somewhere around 23-27%, certainly no lower than 17%, which would be the core "values uber alles" crowd.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:04 pm
DTOM, You're prolly right on that score, but I don't think it'll come close to 17% in our lifetime for Bush or Ahnold. I'd jump for joy if it hit under thirty.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:21 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
DTOM, You're prolly right on that score, but I don't think it'll come close to 17% in our lifetime for Bush or Ahnold. I'd jump for joy if it hit under thirty.

at this point, anything would be an improvement.
0 Replies