Is emotionally cheating matter?

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2022 11:00 am
My husband and I have large age gap. He has been unemployed. We have one young kid, he has been constantly seeking online dating as he feels he is still young and shouldn’t be stuck with marriage and kid. But he said he had never had anything physical with other women but he finds his confidence when he is with some else than me. And recently I found he is seeing someone offline and found out from their chat that they kissed. Is seems there was no more than that and he would stop seeing her. I always think if he is going to work and make some new friends and life might be different but I also wonder if he would come again with other women as he is not even 30 yet. I don’t know how to continue this relationship but without being concerned on all his affairs. I want to end this but don’t know how. He said ending our relationship will hurt kid. I am very struggling.

engineer

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2022 02:20 pm
@Tobealoneok,
It's clear he is cheating. It's telling that he does not say that ending your relationship will leave him devastated at losing the love of his life. What kind of guy in a committed relationship says he's young and shouldn’t be stuck in a marriage with a kid? Continuing this relationship will also hurt the kid, just in different ways. If you are in position to do so, set him free and find yourself someone who wants to be with you.
coluber2001

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2022 02:36 pm
What is the age difference?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2022 03:56 pm
In a word: YES. It's a betrayal of trust.
0 Replies

Tobealoneok

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2022 04:16 pm
@coluber2001,
I’m 14yrs older
0 Replies

Tobealoneok

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2022 04:26 pm
@engineer,
Thanks for the advice. This is really the time to reevaluate this relationship. He thinks I’m too old to be with any other guys.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2022 04:27 pm
@Tobealoneok,
If you're financially set and able to leave him then you should do so.
Just because he's younger doesn't mean he gets to be the a$$hole, decency isn't age related. Set this dumb bird free and live your own life. Your son will understand one day and being caught in a situation where parents aren't harmonious anymore is not a good situation for your son either.
Good luck!
Tobealoneok

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2022 04:35 pm
@CalamityJane,
Thank you for the advice. He once threatened he would take the kid if I want to divorce on him. My kid is my only family I don’t have anyone else.
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2022 04:40 pm
@Tobealoneok,
Trust me, he won't get your son. He seems like an immature, unstable guy.
0 Replies

Ashley Lawson

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2022 12:05 am
@Tobealoneok,
Yes! It is
0 Replies