Should we handle victory the way the Christian god decrees?

neologist

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 09:45 am
neologist wrote:
The 'advice' was not given to us 'Americans,'.
Frank Apisa wrote:
Oh...I thought it was given to everyone.

I see...you think that the god that made this entire universe just wants the Hebrews to slaughter enemies.

What are you smoking?
The Hebrews are no longer in a covenant relationship with God.

That the Hebrews (And Christians and Muslims and 'religionarians') continue to slaughter one another is not the fault of God.

Enjoy your cigar, Frank.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 09:49 am
theloandoc wrote:
if GOD is infinite knowledge, then you should be the one to say that you poses the infinite knwolege it takes to say there is no infante knowledge.
Setanta wrote:
What a marvelously incoherent statement.
He just made a typo and a typo and a typo and, oh fer corn sake, Set; Give him a break; he's a newbie.

Oh; and welcome to the forum, doc! We have fun beating each other up, as you will see. Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 09:59 am
I was praising that post, Neo, praising it . . .
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 10:03 am
neologist wrote:
neologist wrote:
The 'advice' was not given to us 'Americans,'.
Frank Apisa wrote:
Oh...I thought it was given to everyone.

I see...you think that the god that made this entire universe just wants the Hebrews to slaughter enemies.

What are you smoking?
The Hebrews are no longer in a covenant relationship with God.

The advice was given. Live with that. You are being absurd.

Quote:
That the Hebrews (And Christians and Muslims and 'religionarians') continue to slaughter one another is not the fault of God.

Enjoy your cigar, Frank.

Perhaps it is the fault of beliefs of this sort in general.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 10:04 am
Setanta wrote:
I was praising that post, Neo, praising it . . .
Your mind works in mysterious ways, Grandfather. I cannot keep up,
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 10:06 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Perhaps it is the fault of beliefs of this sort in general.
Oh; I will agree with you there, Frank. I certainly will.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 10:11 am
Try to snatch the royalty check from my fingers, Grasshopper . . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 10:21 am
Setanta wrote:
Try to snatch the royalty check from my fingers, Grasshopper . . .
Once again, I beg at the doorstep. Laughing
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 02:13 pm
Neo wrote
Quote:
The Hebrews are no longer in a covenant relationship with God

Spoken like a true Christian.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 02:20 pm
You'll need to move to the back of the bus, now, AU . . .
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 02:45 pm
Setanta

I am not worried because the greeter at the gates to heaven wears a skull cap and speaks with a Jewish accent. His name is Morris not Peter Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 02:53 pm
heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

okbye
0 Replies

peace is good

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 07:40 pm
Do you pray?
I'm not a bible finatic (a lot of things confuse me), but I don't see why anyone would be so PASSIONATE about undermining it just because you don't believe in it.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about the bible -- do you believe in God at all & do you pray? When something good happens, what's your thought process...? When something bad happens, how do you deal with it? Just trying to understand what it's like if you don't believe that God has anything to do with your life... Do you believe in the "big bang" (or whatever it is), or is it that you believe in God, but you just don't like or believe how He's described in the bible?

(Just want to know for knowledge-sake -- I'm not setting anyone up so I can bash them or anything!) Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 09:11 pm
You're likely in for a serious attack based upon contempt having posted such nonsense in a thread in which Frank is active.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 10:13 pm
au1929 wrote:
Setanta

I am not worried because the greeter at the gates to heaven wears a skull cap and speaks with a Jewish accent. His name is Morris not Peter Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
That would be great if the soul survived death; but I have it on good authority that Morris is a fine fellow, nevertheless. Laughing
peace_is_good wrote:
I'm not a bible finatic (a lot of things confuse me), but I don't see why anyone would be so PASSIONATE about undermining it just because you don't believe in it.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about the bible -- do you believe in God at all & do you pray? When something good happens, what's your thought process...? When something bad happens, how do you deal with it? Just trying to understand what it's like if you don't believe that God has anything to do with your life... Do you believe in the "big bang" (or whatever it is), or is it that you believe in God, but you just don't like or believe how He's described in the bible?

(Just want to know for knowledge-sake -- I'm not setting anyone up so I can bash them or anything!) Smile
Welcome to the forum, peace. Make sure your cup is in place and enjoy the game. Laughing
Setanta wrote:
You're likely in for a serious attack based upon contempt having posted such nonsense in a thread in which Frank is active.
This is all done in the spirit of camaraderie, right? Laughing
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 03:30 am
Re: Do you pray?
peace_is_good wrote:

Others do. Have some respect for them!

Quote:
Regardless of what anyone thinks about the bible -- do you believe in God at all & do you pray?

Not sure of what you meand by "do you believe in God at all & do you pray?"...but I rather suspect my answer would be "NO" to both sides of that question.

Quote:
When something good happens, what's your thought process...?

Wow...something good just happened!

Why do you ask?

Quote:
When something bad happens, how do you deal with it?

I move on to the next shot...and hope to get the ball closer to the hole.

Why do you ask?

Quote:
Just trying to understand what it's like if you don't believe that God has anything to do with your life... Do you believe in the "big bang" (or whatever it is), or is it that you believe in God, but you just don't like or believe how He's described in the bible?

Apparently we exist...and apparently there is a universe.

I have absolutely no idea of how all this "came about"...or if in fact, it "came about."

I certainly am not about to make any wild guesses about gods...just because most early, superstitious peoples invented gods to get them past their terror of this great unknown.

Why do you ask?

Quote:

No one was worried about that. But thanks for the laugh!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 03:32 am
neologist wrote:
au1929 wrote:
Setanta

That would be great if the soul survived death; but I have it on good authority that Morris is a fine fellow, nevertheless. Laughing

You forget, Au, that one of Neo's wild guesses is that we have a soul...but that it does not survive death.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 06:59 am
Frank
I forgot Neo stradles both sides of the fence. If he slips it will pay hell with his crouch. Ooh that smarts. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

BreatheThePoison

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 07:32 am
lol. personally, i think we should concentrate more on a way to raise the dead, then anyone who had any such questions could commit suicide spend a couple days on the other side, then come back and tell us what it was like....

i'd volunteer.

That to me seems like a simpler solution. *shrug*
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 07:36 am
BreatheThePoison
Raise the dead? Have I missed something?
0 Replies