Is it unhealthy for my gf to support me in this?

Reply Tue 3 May, 2022 12:43 am
I've been wanting to break into filmmaking and saved up a lot of money to invest in making a feature film, hoping that it could find success enough to get my foot in the door further at least.

However, everyone tells me I am crazy for wanting to do it and in the past, two gfs did not approve of me saving up for this and wonder if was part of the reasons why the relationships' ended.

But my current gf supports me all the way and is really excited for me and is even helping me with it, in the storyboarding part of it since she is really good at drawing compared to me.

But I wonder, is it not healthy for her to be this way since my other gfs in the past were trying to talk sense into me or so they thought?  Thank you for any opinions on this!  I really appreciate it!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 670 • Replies: 4

jespah

Reply Tue 3 May, 2022 05:44 am
@harmonica,
Stop comparing her to people who are no longer in your life. Accept her support.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 3 May, 2022 06:47 am
@harmonica,
I would say it is unhealthy to date people who do not support your passion.
Linkat

Reply Tue 3 May, 2022 12:15 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

I would say it is unhealthy to date people who do not support your passion.

Agreed it is much more healthy for you - to have a partner that supports you. If you have no obligations this is the time to pursue a passion and it is wonderful to have someone that sees your potential.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 3 May, 2022 04:06 pm
Is this the same woman who is quite a bit older than you? You were worried about your parents reactions a while back.
0 Replies