Fitzgerald Investigation of Leak of Identity of CIA Agent

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 02:28 am
Advocate, There are so many similarities between politics and religion; once a person believes in something, there isn't much that will change one's mind. The brain does funny things to people; it doesn't matter how well versed in ethics or right and wrong. It's a human frailty.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 03:25 pm
Advocate wrote:
Plame is infuriated at the CIA, which crumpled when expected to defend her, and then made excessive redactions to her book.

Why? I thought she cared about protecting classified information? Oh, its about her and her book then, is that it?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 03:42 pm
okie wrote:
Advocate wrote:
Plame is infuriated at the CIA, which crumpled when expected to defend her, and then made excessive redactions to her book.

Why? I thought she cared about protecting classified information? Oh, its about her and her book then, is that it?

Okie, unlike yourself, Ms Wilson is capable of having being concerned with more than one thing at a time.

You are such a blind partisan and very inarticulate spokesperson for your minority POV, you are an embarrassment.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 03:44 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Advocate, There are so many similarities between politics and religion; once a person believes in something, there isn't much that will change one's mind. The brain does funny things to people; it doesn't matter how well versed in ethics or right and wrong. It's a human frailty.

Liberals are able to overcome this tendency as we are always open to new ways of doing things. It defines us.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 03:58 pm
I would suggest a new picture for your posts then, Roxi. I think you should be open to an improvement?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 04:15 pm
okie wrote:
I would suggest a new picture for your posts then, Roxi. I think you should be open to an improvement?

I don't really think this comment was in the best taste.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 04:27 pm
Just who is being tasteless here? I merely made a suggestion of a new way of doing something, thats all, which might result in something more tasteful than what we see all the time. I thought that was welcome here, as imposter and Roxxxanne suggested?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 04:43 pm
Okie, I have a suggestion for you. Please put your mind in gear before you post.

Regarding the CIA redactions, it seems to me that there was excessive classification, which is a major problem in the federal government. Moreover, the CIA should have given Plame the benefit of the doubt considering how the administration, the CIA, and the judge who threw out her civil case, screwed her over.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 04:51 pm
okie wrote:
Just who is being tasteless here? I merely made a suggestion of a new way of doing something, thats all, which might result in something more tasteful than what we see all the time. I thought that was welcome here, as imposter and Roxxxanne suggested?

Not looking to pick an argument with ya on the topic; you know what I mean.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 05:45 pm
Advocate wrote:
Okie, I have a suggestion for you. Please put your mind in gear before you post.

Regarding the CIA redactions, it seems to me that there was excessive classification, which is a major problem in the federal government. Moreover, the CIA should have given Plame the benefit of the doubt considering how the administration, the CIA, and the judge who threw out her civil case, screwed her over.

As far as the CIA giving Plame the benefit of the doubt, why? To begin with, that is not their mission. Their job is to conduct intelligence work as part of national defense, and if there is any doubt about whether something should be published, I would hope they would err on the side of caution and the information would be withheld, at least that would be the logical thing to do.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 06:23 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

Cicerone imposter, I think you've actually touched on something here that may be a huge elephant in the room, but perhaps the reason is open to a wide degree of opinion. The point of my comment is that I believe that one's basic underlying moral conviction really is what mainly determines one's political leanings, so that the two worlds of politics and religion are eternally attached whether anyone desires to separate them or not. Those that are staunchest in their belief in personal responsibility or personal moral responsibility are generally on one side of the spectrum, while those that believe government is the one entity responsible for almost everything are on the other end of the spectrum.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 07:40 pm
Quote:
I believe that one's basic underlying moral conviction really is what mainly determines one's political leanings

One of the more absurd okie musings.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 07:42 pm
okie wrote:

Oh you mean the picture that I put on a dating site and got 800 or so (at last count) e-mails from men wanting to meet me, that picture?

Apparently, there are an awful lot of heterosexual men who disagree with you. You are heterosexual, aren't you?

Or are you? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 07:46 pm
okie wrote:

What did imposter say?

Okie, are you sure you're not gay?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 07:59 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
okie wrote:

Oh you mean the picture that I put on a dating site and got 800 or so (at last count) e-mails from men wanting to meet me, that picture?

Apparently, there are an awful lot of heterosexual men who disagree with you. You are heterosexual, aren't you?

Most likely victims of Gerontophilia or Gynemimetophilia. They are out there if you advertise in the right places, as I am sure you know.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 08:28 pm
You are soooooooooooo gay
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 08:40 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
okie wrote:

You can rest assured that I was not one of the 800, Roxxxanne, and also rest assured that is no indication whatsoever of being gay, none whatsoever, whew, thank goodness. In regard to your 800 or so pictures, as P. T. Barnum used to say..................

By the way, I thought you just had a new girl friend? Are you already changing direction again and posting come ons on the internet for somebody else, and now of a different sex? I am not that curious about this, but somehow this is getting mightly confusing.

For the record, I am much more interested in a possible answer to my post from Cicerone Imposter, concerning politics and religion.

okie wrote:
Quote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Cicerone imposter, I think you've actually touched on something here that may be a huge elephant in the room, but perhaps the reason is open to a wide degree of opinion. The point of my comment is that I believe that one's basic underlying moral conviction really is what mainly determines one's political leanings, so that the two worlds of politics and religion are eternally attached whether anyone desires to separate them or not. Those that are staunchest in their belief in personal responsibility or personal moral responsibility are generally on one side of the spectrum, while those that believe government is the one entity responsible for almost everything are on the other end of the spectrum.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 10:29 pm
How is your new boyfriend, Okie?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 04:10 am
Okie,
While I must agree with you as to being confused, and mildly amused, by Roxxanne's statements regarding her sexuality, it really is none of anyone elses business.
Granted, she has gone from going on her honeymoon to having a new girlfriend to now advertising on a hetero dating site, all in the space of a month, but it is none of anyone elses business, so do all of us a favor and leave it alone, ok.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 08:00 am
Considering the mundane lives that these Republican/conservative men lead, (and that what excitement they do have usually occurs in men's bathrooms and they are not about to reveal it here) it is no wonder that they find my adventures fascinating. But I wish you guys would stop taking everything I say literally. (like a "honeymoon" can mean something other than actually get married)

Of course, to them, anyone is Fair Game as Valerie Wilson knows all too well. It doesn't matter to them if it's a CIA agent, a kid who almost died in a car accident or a sultry chanteuse posting comical musings on the internet, it is all just smear, smear, smear. The end justifies the means.
0 Replies