Would you get upset?

vikorr

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2021 08:28 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Objectifying people is wrong
People objectify others all the time:
- anytime you class all/each person in a system as 'the system' (eg. 'the' police)
- the very vast majority of men do it with women (only the degree changes). This comment by the way isn't a criticism - I'm fairly certain it is genetically based
- any time you sue a person for being fallible (doctors who get it wrong, drivers of other cars etc)
- any time you think someone should cop abuse and be unfailingly polite in the face of it
- anytime you dimiss a stranger out of hand
- soldiers facing 'the enemy'
- etc

Objects aren't human. Objectifying = treating people as less than human (again, objects aren't human). The less you treat them as human, the more objectified they become in your eyes. Objectifying humans is complex, as some part of us recognises them as human, but another part tries to ignore that they are human. As per previous, there are degrees to objectification.

The real question is 'what degree do you personally draw the line at?'

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2022 12:54 pm
@vikorr,
People murder people all the time, too.

Objectifying people is wrong
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 08:32 am
@Mame,
Give me a break I been at end of school year parties with female teachers who after a few drinks was as crude as any male teacher.
Mame

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 09:10 am
@BillRM,
Oh Bill.
0 Replies

WilliamC340

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2022 12:00 am
@Nika0904,
Definitely not. It's disrespectful
0 Replies

Mrknowspeople

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2022 04:31 pm
@Nika0904,
Remove his head and proceed with the future.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2022 10:44 am
@BillRM,

Quote:
In my entire life, even before feminism was a buzzword, I would NEVER consider a relationship with a man who objectifies women.

No , I am not a hypocrite. I will admire a handsome, well muscled man, like I would admire anything beautiful. I definitely would not gawk. What I said was "considered a relationship".

What I would not is consider a relationship with a guy who is all about looks.
0 Replies