Love Advice

Sat 28 Aug, 2021 01:14 pm
I have my sights set on someone whose out of me league. When we're face to face or she's with her friends I back down. What do you think I should do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,009 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Sat 28 Aug, 2021 01:23 pm
@lonelyguy15,
Stop with the league nonsense.

No one is out of anyone's league. There are no leagues.

Don't make every conversation fraught with meaning. I suspect that's what is making you nervous.

This is why small talk exists.

"Hi, ____, how's your day going so far?" "Do you have plans for autumn? Doing anything fun?"

Oh, and when she's with her pals, talk to everyone. She's had her friends a lot longer than you've liked her, I bet.

"Hey, ladies, you're all looking terrific today. " "Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but I'm asking this question for science. What's the worst poptart flavor...ever?"

Be nice. Be funny if you can. Be respectful.

You can do this.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sun 29 Aug, 2021 06:31 am
@lonelyguy15,
You should first learn about developing self confidence and discover your own self worth. No one is out of your league. That’s nonsense. Get to know yourself and learn about what makes you an interesting and valuable person to others. Look within your family relationships for clues as to why others value you and seek you out. Do the same with her (or them in the case of her friends).

Then you can find out about the other person’s interests and commonalities . Don’t put them on a pedestal. Having a conversation and ask her about herself. Stop thinking about fantasy. Stay in the real world.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Mon 30 Aug, 2021 05:41 pm
What do you mean, “ out of my league”?

Is this girl so beautiful that (you think) she would not be interested in you?

Is this girl so rich that (you think )she would not be interested in you?

I’d this girl so smart that ( you think) she would not be interested in you?

Do you now see how your own thinking can stop you in your tracks?

0 Replies

ella-mei

Wed 1 Sep, 2021 01:47 am
@lonelyguy15,
Take a leap. If you won't do anything you'll never know what her response is anyway.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 10 Nov, 2021 07:57 pm
@lonelyguy15,
Stop backing off.
0 Replies