The ugly past returning!!

material girl

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 02:45 am
Stray cat-whats this jealous comment about??
Fair enough, Im jealous of yet another happy couple easily forming but Im ceratinly not jealous of their odd realationship.If someone treated me the way he'd treated my friend he'd be yesterdays pizza!
0 Replies

Nothamster9935

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 06:28 am
material girl wrote:
........he'd be yesterdays pizza!

Eaten cold in the morning? :wink:
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 07:09 am
Haha, thrown out with all the other rubbish, and replaced with haute cuisine.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 08:00 am
So when is this get-together already? I'm dying to hear how it goes and what happens. I'd laugh my ass off if all these things we have been discussing never even come to fruition. He will probably say hello to you and behave himself. Shocked
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 08:37 am
Its annoying me too tho Im happy to delay a meet up.

He probably is gona behave himself and be really nice which will really pee me off.
Tho , going on what he has done already, gaving a sloppy greeting to our mutual pal(and she was married), no reason why he'd not do the same to me.
Blurgh.

Wish I could entertain you some more.
Promise i will after the first meeting.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 08:57 am
Stray cat was referring, I think, to a post of mine a long time ago when I said that if you express all your irritation about him to your friend(s) she may take it that you are jealous. I didn't suggest that you are, but that it could be seen that way by her. Perhaps you don't remember that I said that, and I am not going to look back to find the post at this point.

Several of us have suggested just being cool and above it all, unless he does something slobbery, and then don't put up with it.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 09:20 am
Okey doke, I was just trying to make it clear theres no jealousy(as in 'you want him dont you MG') involved.Yes I used to think he was funny and charming but the bad outweighs the good.
Though he is a funny guy so Il allow myself to be entertained by him and put my dispisedness(if thats a word)to the back of my mind.

I only complained to one friend and that was after 12ish years so I reckon Ive done rather well.She knows Im not jealous.

I was thinking, as you suggested, just playing it cool so I can entertain you guys more.See what he does.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 09:42 am
Good motive, I like that!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 09:44 am
(Evil cackle whilst rubbing my hands together)

Seeing as Ive bored myself and you guys with all the complaining I shall try and make future reports interesting.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 05:42 pm
Yes, osso, you're right. What I meant, MG, was that if you said anything to your friend, implying that her boyfriend is anything less than wonderful, she might mistakenly get the impression that you're jealous. I'm just saying...if it were me, I wouldn't want her thinking that.

So I'd just ignore the guy as much as possible.

Anyway, good luck with that. I hope you can at least get a good laugh from him!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 07:25 pm
Alternately, if you really think he is despicable, you can go on and on, and if she says, oh, you're just jealous, just laugh. It is hard from this far away in space and time and age and culture to be definite on advice.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 07:38 am
Looks like its a few days away.
My tired old aching brain says to just go with the flow.I dont have the energy to reek my revenge on someone who probably doesnt care.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 07:25 am
Ok then....the long awaited update.

Met up with friends and him last week.
And yes, I was met with a big sloppy kiss and a hug(which I couldnt get out of)
I found myself being a bit snappy with him a couple of times early in the evening, for some stupid reason I felt bad, but the rest of the evening was fine.

He didnt add to the evening or take anything away, tho a friend did jokingly take the pee out of him about how he used to dress, which I think he got a bit peed off with,but we all thought it was hilarious.
He had a go at another friend (husband of girl he sloppily kissed)because he didnt like a certain popular musician that he idolises, and called him a 'fool'.May sound harmless but coming from him, and the way he said it just took me back to the old days, that narked me off as I want to fiercly defend my good friends, tho stupidly I didnt say anything.
He was very touchy feely, even with the guys!!I was choosing from a menu, he came and sat next to me and put his hand on my back!!Not even my close friends do that!!
He slagged of his girlfriends ex who is a friend of all of ours which I dont think he realised!

So in conclusion, I had nothing to worry about, he hasnt changed, he doesnt add to my life or take anything away, he just exists.
Id imagine he and my friend, his now girlfriend will get married in the next couple of years, which will be nice as I know she wants to settle down and have kids.

I dont know if he will ever be nasty again but at least I know I value my close group of friends and will defend them over him if he goes back to his old ways.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 03:30 pm
material girl--

Very good--but remember better to make a scene over the sloppy kiss than to dither about being pawed.

From your description he sounds a bit out of step with the group. Perhaps your problems will toddle off into the sunset?
0 Replies