Is freewill biblical or something we invented ?

izzythepush

Fri 27 Jan, 2023 09:56 am
@Leadfoot,
Your previous post was full of hackneyed stereotypes, so what do you think?

I wasn't making any other comment at all, only that being enigmatic doesn't suit you, and if you gave Frank a straight answer to his questions instead of trying to appear mysterious you might have got somewhere.

That's just my observation I didn't call you naive or comment on your feelings towards the English, that was all you.
Leadfoot

Fri 27 Jan, 2023 10:14 am
@izzythepush,
Just exercising my 'freewill'. Sorry if you were offended in any way. It’s so easily done these days.
Leadfoot

Fri 27 Jan, 2023 10:22 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
if you gave Frank a straight answer to his questions instead of trying to appear mysterious you might have got somewhere.

But that is utter bullshit.

I was the first to ask Frank a question, which he has avoided from day one. And I have answered his question in excruciating detail, and offered more if he wanted. It wasn’t a guess.
Frank Apisa

Fri 27 Jan, 2023 10:47 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
if you gave Frank a straight answer to his questions instead of trying to appear mysterious you might have got somewhere.

But that is utter bullshit.

I was the first to ask Frank a question, which he has avoided from day one. And I have answered his question in excruciating detail, and offered more if he wanted. It wasn’t a guess.

Here is a list of EVERY question you have asked me here...together with my prompt response. I have not avoided any of them:

Your question: Can I pray while seated on my John Deere?

My immediate response: Absolutely.

Your question: Of course you were. Games?

My immediate response: On your part...YES. On my part...NO.

Your question: But what I’ve always wanted to know is, what made you so extremely cautious about having beliefs?

My immediate response:It has nothing whatever to being "tragically wrong once."

And as for you "answering my questions in excruciating detail and offering more if wanted"...

...what questionS are those. I do not remember asking you a single question.

So I think you are full of ****.
izzythepush

Fri 27 Jan, 2023 10:53 am
@Leadfoot,
I never said I was offended.

For you freewill seems all about bloody projecting.
izzythepush

Fri 27 Jan, 2023 11:05 am
@izzythepush,
I'm only too aware of how certain uniformed Americans can only view the UK through a series of stereotypes.

I remember Gungasnake boasting about all the laws he would enact were he king of England, completely oblivious to the fact the monarch can't make any laws at all. We have a thing called Parliament with democratically elected MPs who do that.

So no, I don't take offence anymore. If I did I'd have little time for anything else.

If you feel the need to attribute an emotional state call it world weary.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 27 Jan, 2023 11:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
And as for you "answering my questions in excruciating detail and offering more if wanted"...

Frank:

Is that the limits of your memory old man?

Just recently you said to me:
Quote:
In any case, good move in diverting from further argument about whether a religious "belief" is a blind guess or not.

Are you going to bald face lie and say the question you asked is not: 'How do you know your belief is not a blind guess?'. You even accuse me of diversion when I have done nothing but bring it front and center.

You are either a liar or just old and forgetful.

Frank Apisa

Fri 27 Jan, 2023 12:59 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:

Frank:

Is that the limits of your memory old man?

Just recently you said to me:
Quote:
In any case, good move in diverting from further argument about whether a religious "belief" is a blind guess or not.

Are you going to bald face lie and say the question you asked is not: 'How do you know your belief is not a blind guess?'. You even accuse me of diversion when I have done nothing but bring it front and center.

You are either a liar or just old and forgetful.

Allow me to offer a link to each of the three questions YOU asked of me...and for which I gave an immediate answer.

First question: https://able2know.org/topic/556850-3#post-7297702

Second question: https://able2know.org/topic/556850-4#post-7298857

Third question: https://able2know.org/topic/556850-5#post-7299872

You claimed I avoided your question...and I have shown conclusively that I have NOT avoided your questions, but have answered each of them.

You also stated that you have answered my question in excruciating detail. I am saying that I have not asked any questions of you. All you have to do is offer a link to the question you are pretending I asked...and to your excruciatingly detailed answer. Ya know...a question is a sentence with a question mark at the end.

Perhaps YOU are the liar...or the forgetful one.

So...let's see one.
Leadfoot

Fri 27 Jan, 2023 04:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Thanks Frank. We are obviously interested in different questions.

davidsheep88

Fri 27 Jan, 2023 05:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Everybody just come here and look at Frank he thinks has solved his promblems this questions but he deny himslef everything . He doesn't God planned for him to be liked this and what does he do. By dismay and denial he thinks he controls he life but the reality is other.

There is no real control Frank all your attempts to solve your promblems was God solving them for you. Humans think they do did it all it is not true you cannot control your own destiny find way to control.

Your just the same as everyone your afraid your fears and your insecurity shows the things you say to yourself to keep control is not ture just figment of your imagination. Really I welcome you to stop pretending who you are and be who you really want to be. This is people this is the real Frank Azpiza one man who challenges God and says he doesn't exist and thinks with that he resolves his promblems.

davidsheep88

Fri 27 Jan, 2023 05:29 pm
@davidsheep88,
Go find the truth Frank it's in the bible even before all this philosopher had thier say God told his prophets what is freewill and gave Adam chocie since then and the devil had choice and that Idiot messed it up. So don't think by your intteligence you got where you want he put there and before you were born he sent you on a mission but you don't yet what it is ?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 28 Jan, 2023 04:02 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Thanks Frank. We are obviously interested in different questions.

A question is a question, Leadfoot.

If you see what you consider a question that I asked you (and which you answered in excruciating detail)...just point it out.

I see no question from me...and I see no excruciatingly detailed answer.

I think that is all something you just made up...and then doubled down by suggesting that I am a liar.

If I were in the same situation as you are here, I would just acknowledge I was wrong; apologize; and then move on.

Just do that. It will do wonders for your credibility.
Leadfoot

Sat 28 Jan, 2023 06:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
https://able2know.org/topic/556850-6#post-7300050
Leadfoot

Sat 28 Jan, 2023 06:10 am
@davidsheep88,
Quote:
Frank Azpiza one man who challenges God and says he doesn't exist and thinks with that he resolves his promblems.

It is important to be factual in any criticism. You have the facts wrong here.

Frank does not deny God's existence, he claims that he does not know, and that he cannot know of His existence.

I have no problem with that claim, true or not.

But Frank furthermore claims that no one else can know either.

I have serious problems (theological, philosophical and logical) with that one.
izzythepush

Sat 28 Jan, 2023 06:20 am
@Leadfoot,
If you could demonstrate why your belief system should not be dismissed as a blind guess I'm sure Frank would show some interest.

I also have problems with Frank's arguments, I think his vernacular is far too rigid, his refusal to use the word belief in any context only confuses things.
davidsheep88

Sat 28 Jan, 2023 08:58 am
@Frank Apisa,
It's time to come clean Frank, stop dodging God Frank sooner or later you will face him. Time to talk, time to talk because really you don't fool anyone.
izzythepush

Sat 28 Jan, 2023 09:11 am
@davidsheep88,
Frank isn't trying to fool anyone, his position is clear.

You are the one having difficulties with others perception.

Frank is not denying God, he is saying he can't see any evidence for a god.

When you say he will meet God that is something you believe, other people don't, and they're not going to be persuaded otherwise just because you say it's so.

Instead of seeing it as a confrontation just accept Frank for what he is. You believe what you want, and he can continue to have issues with that particular word.

If you want to have any success stop quoting vast amounts of scripture, (which nobody reads anyway,) and instead tell him what evidence you see for the existence of a benign god.
Frank Apisa

Sat 28 Jan, 2023 09:43 am
@Leadfoot,

So you cannot come up with a link to a question...you want to pretend a comment of mine is a question even though it obviously in not...and you do not have the maturity or ethical wherewithal to acknowledge you were wrong...

...so you are going to triple down by repeating yourself.

Okay.

I was pretty sure you are not a person of substance...and I appreciate you going out of your way to confirm that for me.
Frank Apisa

Sat 28 Jan, 2023 09:56 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
Frank Azpiza one man who challenges God and says he doesn't exist and thinks with that he resolves his promblems.

It is important to be factual in any criticism. You have the facts wrong here.

Frank does not deny God's existence, he claims that he does not know, and that he cannot know of His existence.

I have no problem with that claim, true or not.

But Frank furthermore claims that no one else can know either.

I have serious problems (theological, philosophical and logical) with that one.

Actually, if I have ever said that no one, including me, CAN know if any gods exist...it was a shortcut (and probably a mistake). I try to avoid doing that, but sometimes it is easier to assert it that way than to be more precise.

There is absolutely no way I, or anyone else, can ever KNOW that there ARE NO GODS. But, IF at least one god happens to exist...and if that god wanted to make its existence known to any human...it certainly could do so in an unambiguous way. So your claim that I think I CANNOT know...or that anyone else CANNOT know...is also inaccurate. (I have explained that feature in several places on several occasions.

But if anyone suggests they KNOW that a god exists because that god has revealed itself to him/her...that person faces the problem of how to know he/she is not deluding him/herself. I do not see any way of solving that problem...and normally let people who make such a claim go back to walking the yellow-brick road. Better to allow people who live in delusion to continue than to block them.

Frank Apisa

Sat 28 Jan, 2023 09:59 am
@davidsheep88,
davidsheep88 wrote:

It's time to come clean Frank, stop dodging God Frank sooner or later you will face him. Time to talk, time to talk because really you don't fool anyone.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ef/89/fe/ef89fe64fd0ad074bea459fbb8b69760.jpg
0 Replies