0

Is freewill biblical or something we invented ?

Dr Huff

-1  
Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 05:16 pm
@Jasper10,
LOGIC confirms that you cannot claim that free will is an illusion

And exactly what LOGIC is that? Let's have your syllogism or other propositional form that confirms I cannot claim that free will is an illusion. I await.

AWARENESS sits above consciousness and has greater authority.

Really!!! Awareness now has authority, even "greater authority." How quaint,..........meaningless,.......... and utterly irrelevant.

Jasper10

-1  
Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 11:43 pm
@Dr Huff,
The 0,0...0,1...1,0...1,1 logic........where have you been? It’s been explained and is sound.

Utterly meaningless to a person who is trapped “a prisoner of consciousness”.

I agree.

AWARENESS and CONSCIOUSNESS are separate and different.

There are 2 off consciousness types.... you need to become AWARE of this...clearly you are not yet AWARE of this yet.....because you haven’t taken CONTROL of the mind.

Jasper10

-1  
Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2021 11:59 pm
@Dr Huff,
Simply put...your whole philosophy is based upon 0,1...1,0 logic...i.e. good is bad and bad is good.

LOGIC says good is good and bad is bad as well....0,0...1,1.

As it cannot be definitively proven one way or the other whether god is bad or not then you have to accept 0,0..0,1..1,0..1,1 logic rather than just 0,1...1,0 logic.

Well you don’t have to accept anything if you don’t want to.You can remain in ignorance if you wish because you have the “free will” to do so.

davidsheep88

0  
Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2021 07:38 pm
@Jasper10,
Science is important bt it is incomplete, no matter what there is something more important.
1 Corinthias 13:2
2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

Science is nothing for the people who were people of faith challenge the system help create the science of today. Hebrew scientist even the catholic church many first clergy unfortunately were man of faith who allowed the advancement of science.
Jasper10

0  
Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2021 11:15 pm
@davidsheep88,
It’s interesting that you use the word FAITH.

We KNOW it can’t be definitively proven by carnal means whether good is bad or not.

Just because one can’t define what good and bad is doesn’t mean one can just ASSUME they are the same.One can HOPE they are same and put all ones FAITH in that HOPE ....or one can ASSUME they are not the same and put all ones FAITH in that HOPE.

As it is an unknown factor whether good is bad or not it makes sense that one’s philosophy in life should be based upon all the possible logic outputs of 0,0...1,0...0,1...0,0 rather than only 0,1...1,0 logic outputs.

LOGIC says so, not me.

Today’s biological data and output reasonings/logic is incomplete,I agree.If ones HOPE and FAITH are only in these things,at least key in the correct data for the outputs.

Rest assured,ones belief systems are still intact if one does.
Jasper10

0  
Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2021 12:44 am
@Jasper10,
Correction..last post statement should have read...

….....As it is an unknown factor whether good is bad or not it makes sense that one’s philosophy in life should be based upon all the possible logic outputs of 0,0...1,0...0,1...1,1 rather than only 0,1...1,0 logic outputs...…...

papag

-1  
Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2021 05:10 am
@davidsheep88,
“I have put life and death before you, the blessing and the curse; and you must choose life so that you may live, you and your descendants, by loving Jehovah your God, by listening to his voice, and by sticking to him.”—Deuteronomy 30:15, 19, 20.

God delivered the Israelites from slavery in Egypt and put before them the prospect of a free and happy life in the Promised Land. But all that would not come upon them automatically. To gain those blessings, they had to “choose life.” How? ‘By loving God, by listening to his voice, and by sticking to him.’

Today, a similar choice is before us, and how we choose will determine what our future will be. By choosing to love God, to listen to his voice, and to stick to him, we will in effect be choosing life—life everlasting on a paradise earth.