If Disney produced a NEW ROGER RABBIT film, and they desexualized Jessica Rabbit ... ?

izzythepush

Tue 23 Mar, 2021 09:05 am
@JGoldman10,
It’s unrealistic. I have never seen any children get aggressive after watching Tom and Jerry. After seeing a Western or a War film they’re out playing at shooting each other.

0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Tue 23 Mar, 2021 09:16 am
@JGoldman10,
Roger Rabbit is still well known though it no longer has the same popularity as it did when it was new. The fact it still gets new merchandise means it still has a sizable fanbase willing to buy new products.

It has never been obscure, unlike, for example, Disney's 1979 film Black Hole, which is completely forgotten about.

Quote:
Have you ever heard of Cuphead? I am not a fan of that indie video game series, for a number of reasons, but these games came out recently and both video games are designed to look like old 1930's cartoons.

Have you actually played the game? It is a fairly difficult game, and the game's art design means any sequel or additional content takes years to produce. Its Delicious Last Course DLC was supposed to come out in 2019 but it was pushed to 2021.

Quote:
Someone correct me if I am wrong - how come a lot of parents don't complain about cartoon violence?

Because what is shown is unrealistic, and modern parents grew up watching these cartoons, so they most likely know that children will not attempt any violent actions.
izzythepush

Tue 23 Mar, 2021 09:24 am
@Rebelofnj,
I saw Black Hole at the cinema. I remember it being lauded for its state of the arts special effects, like Tron.
Rebelofnj

Tue 23 Mar, 2021 09:27 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I can make cartoons and comics that are throwbacks to old Hollywood cartoons, which includes Golden Age Hollywood cartoon shorts and film cartoons, and old '80s and '90s TV cartoons. I can modernize them a bit. Kids can still be interested in them.

Is your writing style on par with how modern cartoons are written? I have no idea how your writing style is (you ignored previous requests about showing us just one line of dialogue), but cartoons that are "throwbacks" to older eras are still written in a modern style.

Like 2010s Ducktales is very different from 1990s Ducktales, in both writing and art style.
JGoldman10

Tue 23 Mar, 2021 09:27 am
@izzythepush,
I remember that movie. That was a weird sci-fi film Disney made back in the '70s that featured cartoonish robots.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 23 Mar, 2021 09:28 am
@Rebelofnj,
Is the Animaniacs reboot that much different from the '90s show? I have seen clips of the new show on YouTube.
JGoldman10

Tue 23 Mar, 2021 09:32 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Quote:
Someone correct me if I am wrong - how come a lot of parents don't complain about cartoon violence?

Because what is shown is unrealistic, and modern parents grew up watching these cartoons, so they most likely know that children will not attempt any violent actions.

I meant how come the parents of these modern parents and parents from other previous generations didn't complain? I am not talking about Gen-Xers and millennials who are now parents.
Rebelofnj

Tue 23 Mar, 2021 09:33 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I saw Black Hole at the cinema. I remember it being lauded for its state of the arts special effects, like Tron.

I honestly didn't hear about it until it was included in Disney Plus.

Tron, I did see. I was surprised by the heavy amount of Christian metaphors.
izzythepush

Tue 23 Mar, 2021 09:37 am
@JGoldman10,
Don’t you have enough to deal with without worrying about what you consider bad parenting back in the 60s 70s and 80s?

What the Hell is your problem, you don’t like the way people behave now so you want to blame their parents and grandparents?

Have you ever thought that maybe the problem doesn’t lie with everyone else and their parents and grandparents, maybe the problem lies with you?
JGoldman10

Tue 23 Mar, 2021 09:37 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

..., but cartoons that are "throwbacks" to older eras are still written in a modern style.

That's what I am talking about. I am capable of writing in a modern style. I am not such a recluse I am not aware of what is going on in the modern era.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 23 Mar, 2021 09:44 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Don’t you have enough to deal with without worrying about what you consider bad parenting back in the 60s 70s and 80s?

And '90s. My younger brother and I were still coming up in the '90s and I saw the way some parents raised their kids in the '90s. My family and I lived with other families.

I don't know about parenting in the '60s and '70s. I wasn't around in the '60s and my brother and I were barely alive in the '70s.

I don't know what you are on about. I was talking about censorship and parents monitoring what kids watch IN GENERAL. I was not talking about how people raise their kids.

I presume most parents did not really give close attention to whatever cartoons kids watched. They probably assumed because they are cartoons and that they are aimed at kids that they were okay.
Rebelofnj

Tue 23 Mar, 2021 09:45 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I meant how come the parents of these modern parents and parents from other previous generations didn't complain? I am not talking about Gen-Xers and millennials who are now parents.

Because I'm guessing the violence shown was unrealistic. Have you considered asking older people (not your mother) about this? I cannot answer for them.

Quote:
That's what I am talking about. I am capable of writing in a modern style. I am not such a recluse I am not aware of what is going on in the modern era.

As I said, I have not seen a single example of your narrative writing. For all I know, your writing has not changed since the 90s.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 23 Mar, 2021 09:52 am
@Rebelofnj,
I remember Tron. It had pretty impressive visuals considering when it was made.
izzythepush

Tue 23 Mar, 2021 09:53 am
@JGoldman10,
I saw that at the cinema as well, a few years later.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Wed 24 Mar, 2021 12:37 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

And '90s. My younger brother and I were still coming up in the '90s and I saw the way some parents raised their kids in the '90s. My family and I lived with other families.

It might be possible that what you experienced in their housing complex may not be applicable to other families who live in different socioeconomic environments.

JGoldman10 wrote:

I presume most parents did not really give close attention to whatever cartoons kids watched. They probably assumed because they are cartoons and that they are aimed at kids that they were okay.

Parents now seem to be at least monitoring what children watch on YouTube, where it is a bit chaotic on what content is shown. Many times I had to check which Barbie and Roblox videos were appropriate for my young nieces and nephews. The YouTube Kids app is not exactly reliable in catching everything inappropriate.

At least with Netflix and Disney Plus, they have Children Accounts, so they filter out the films and shows that are too dark for children. Honestly, I don't really monitor what shows they watch on those two services as they don't have anything too scary/violent and the kids in general watch only a handful of shows/films in repeat.
izzythepush

Wed 24 Mar, 2021 12:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
And the way you were brought up has produced such a well rounded individual that you can criticise the way other people were brought up.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 26 Mar, 2021 09:19 pm
@Rebelofnj,
When I was in high school in the '90s my family and I babysat some little children, a little boy and his sister. My mother was friends with the kids' parents. The kids saw me and my younger brother as big brother figures. Their dad was nice but their mom was kind of a creep. I kind of felt sorry for the way the mother treated her kids.

I have some idea of what parenting was like back in the '90s.
JGoldman10

Fri 26 Mar, 2021 09:24 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Is the Animaniacs reboot that much different from the '90s show? I have seen clips of the new show on YouTube.

Of course the new series is written with 21st-century sensibility.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 27 Mar, 2021 02:21 am
@JGoldman10,
Have you considered that the children in the other family felt the same way about your parents?
Rebelofnj

Sat 27 Mar, 2021 04:06 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

When I was in high school in the '90s my family and I babysat some little children, a little boy and his sister. My mother was friends with the kids' parents. The kids saw me and my younger brother as big brother figures. Their dad was nice but their mom was kind of a creep. I kind of felt sorry for the way the mother treated her kids.

I have some idea of what parenting was like back in the '90s.

You don't really have an idea, if it is based on the interactions of a single family. If you babysat children from several families, then you might have an idea.

There are a slew of factors involved in parenting, regardless of year: parents' career, involvement of other family members, the type of neighborhood and city they live in, etc.