If Disney produced a NEW ROGER RABBIT film, and they desexualized Jessica Rabbit ... ?

izzythepush

Fri 2 Apr, 2021 09:56 am
@JGoldman10,
That just shows how little you know of Christianity.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Fri 2 Apr, 2021 09:57 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

How do you know they aren't interested in producing any animated shows?

There is nothing to indicate that BET wants to produce any cartoons or create any new programming for children, seeing as BET's parent company ViacomCBS already owns Nickelodeon and they have plans produce new animated shows for their streaming app Paramount Plus (originally named CBS All Access).
JGoldman10

Fri 2 Apr, 2021 09:58 am
@Rebelofnj,
Alright. I was also talking about adult cartoons but okay. I watched The Boondocks. I wasn't a big fan of it.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Fri 2 Apr, 2021 10:04 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Members of many Christian denominations, including the Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Lutheran, Anglican, Methodist, Oriental Orthodox and Reformed traditions, observe Good Friday with fasting and church services.
-----
Good Friday is a state holiday in Connecticut,[116] Delaware,[117] Florida,[118] Hawaii,[119] Indiana,[120] Kentucky (half-day),[121] Louisiana,[122] New Jersey,[123] North Carolina,[124] North Dakota,[125] Tennessee[126] and Texas.[127][128] State and local government offices and courts are closed, as well as some banks and post offices in these states, and in those counties and municipalities where Good Friday is observed as a holiday. Good Friday is also a holiday in the U.S. territories of Guam,[129] U.S. Virgin Islands[130] and Puerto Rico.[131]

The stock markets are closed on Good Friday,[132][133] but the foreign exchange and bond trading markets open for a partial business day.[134][135] Most retail stores remain open, while some of them may close early. Public schools and universities are often closed on Good Friday, either as a holiday of its own, or as part of spring break. The postal service operates, and banks regulated by the federal government do not close for Good Friday.[136]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Friday

So it seems your church is one of the few Christian denominations that don't observe the holiday.
JGoldman10

Fri 2 Apr, 2021 10:14 am
I should suggest to Billingsley that he should get a cartoon series going on YouTube.
JGoldman10

Fri 2 Apr, 2021 10:15 am
@Rebelofnj,
I don't know about that. I will ask my pastor if he and his church are doing anything for the holiday.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 2 Apr, 2021 12:22 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I should suggest to Billingsley that he should get a cartoon series going on YouTube.

If I were him and I were serious about turning my strip into a series that is what I would do. I would not let not something like not getting animation deals from people stop me.

Charles Schultz got a team of people together to help him produce cartoon films and shows and specials based on his Peanuts characters. He didn't get deals to make this happen as far as I know.

JGoldman10

Fri 2 Apr, 2021 12:38 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Anyway I started this thread because I was curious. I saw people on YouTube complaining because Warner Bros. "nerfed" Lola Bunny's character design for the new Space Jam movie coming out this year.

Jessica Rabbit was the first movie character I thought of whom I could compare Lola to. I don't know of too many kids'/family cartoon films off-hand that starred or featured a sexualized animated female character.

I have heard of Road To El Dorado. Wasn't that a popular kids'/family movie?

I recall seeing and reading about Chel, the character from the movie that Rosie Perez voiced.

If this character had been "nerfed" for another movie would people have gone online and complained about it?
JGoldman10

Fri 2 Apr, 2021 02:59 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

JGoldman10 wrote:

Anyway I started this thread because I was curious. I saw people on YouTube complaining because Warner Bros. "nerfed" Lola Bunny's character design for the new Space Jam movie coming out this year.

Jessica Rabbit was the first movie character I thought of whom I could compare Lola to. I don't know of too many kids'/family cartoon films off-hand that starred or featured a sexualized animated female character.

I recall seeing and reading about Chel, the character from the movie that Rosie Perez voiced.

If this character had been "nerfed" for another movie would people have gone online and complained about it?

Here is a link to a pic of the character I am talking about:

https://roadtoeldorado.fandom.com/wiki/Chel?file=Chel.jpg
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Fri 2 Apr, 2021 04:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

The film was a box office bomb, barely more remembered nowadays when compared to the animated bombs produced at the time, like Home on the Range, Sinbad, and Flushed Away.

I doubt enough people will care if they change the character design.

And why do you care? Are you in favor of less lewd content in children's films?
tsarstepan

Fri 2 Apr, 2021 07:12 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

If I were him and I were serious about turning my strip into a series that is what I would do. I would not let not something like not getting animation deals from people stop me.

Charles Schultz got a team of people together to help him produce cartoon films and shows and specials based on his Peanuts characters. He didn't get deals to make this happen as far as I know.

I'm pretty sure that Ray Billingsly is on the same level as Charles Schultz - industry and book sales wise. Just go to Amazon and see how many books Charles Schultz has published and how many books have been published about him.

JGoldman10 wrote:

If you're so buddy buddy with him, why not suggest a series on Netflix? You have that kind of pull, right?
JGoldman10

Sat 3 Apr, 2021 06:09 am
@Rebelofnj,
Yes. I want to produce kid-friendly/family-friendly/all-age entertainment. Nothing beyond a PG-rating.

There is a lot of lewd content in what are supposed to be kids' cartoons and comics.
JGoldman10

Sat 3 Apr, 2021 06:29 am
@tsarstepan,
It's not uncommon for comic strip creators to have compilations of their comic strips out in book form.

Billingsley does have a few books out that are comprised of his work:

http://www.billingsleyart.com/Memorabilia.html

and he's showing off two other books he produced here:

https://sva.edu/features/curtis-creator-and-sva-alumnus-ray-billingsley-on-his-career-his-influences-and-representation-in-comics

I am not "buddy buddy" with him. I met him once in art school and I posted to him on Instagram.

I remember seeing Calvin and Hobbes comic strip compilation books being sold somewhere. Peanuts and Garfield ones also.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sat 3 Apr, 2021 06:30 am
@JGoldman10,
Then why do you care if a character design gets "nerfed" and gets a more modest clothing? Isn't that what you want?

izzythepush

Sat 3 Apr, 2021 06:35 am
@Rebelofnj,
He only wants it if the character is being ‘nerfed’ to preserve their modesty because that’s what religious types like. He doesn’t want it if it’s to stop the objectification of women.

I always though a nerf was a high powered water pistol, so logically being nerfed would involve being soaked.
JGoldman10

Sat 3 Apr, 2021 06:35 am
@Rebelofnj,
I started this thread out of curiosity. I was using characters from cartoon shows and cartoon movies as examples.

Yes I am in favor of female characters that are modest-looking. I am not creating sexy-looking pinup-y characters.
izzythepush

Sat 3 Apr, 2021 06:44 am
@JGoldman10,
So why all the moaning about snowflakes?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 3 Apr, 2021 06:48 am
@izzythepush,
I want the objectification of women and teenage girl characters, which is sick, in works of fiction to stop. This includes video games. I am against female objectification. What are you talking about?

I not not draw and create smut.
JGoldman10

Sat 3 Apr, 2021 06:49 am
Let me ask - do you people think it's appropriate to have female characters in leotards, which are form-fitting, or in attire that shows off a lot of skin?

Especially if the characters are aimed at kids?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 3 Apr, 2021 06:54 am
@JGoldman10,
You really can’t make a coherent argument. You have been complaining about ‘snowflakes’ desexualising Jessica Rabbit and now you’re saying it’s a good thing.