Need advice about this girl I'm currently talking to

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 08:33 pm
I'm going to need lots of advice when it comes to this girl I'm talking to online:

1) She was just engaged in January to someone and they broke off the engagement last month and she is still friends with the guy on social media

2.) Me and her were getting to know each other through messages a couple weeks ago when she told me she just wants to be friends since she was seeing someone. But yesterday she said she's interested in dating me because the guy she was currently seeing wanted nothing to do with her after one date and she got really depressed. I don't know what signals she is sending because I went from "just friends" to "wants to date me" in a matter of a week

3.) And she has a different last name than her Facebook last name when researching her to see if she's worth dating. I don't know if she using a different profile to talk to other guys.

Is she worth going on a date with? I don't know why I always question if it's worth going on a date with someone online when I get the opportunity.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 923 • Replies: 12

roger

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 08:35 pm
@singlesucks13,
Worth it? Sure - unless it involves traveling cross country.

She's just checking you out. You do the same.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 09:06 pm
@singlesucks13,
What do you mean "worth it"?

Did you have some big plans?

I mean, god forbid you take 2 entire hours out of your life to meet someone.
singlesucks13

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 09:13 pm
@chai2,
It's tough because in other forums I'm in mostly everyone is saying it's red flags.
chai2

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 09:17 pm
@singlesucks13,
Yeah, that would be rough wasting two whole hours because that's what complete strangers are saying.

How about if you do what You want rather than what I or anyone else wants?

chai2

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 09:27 pm
@chai2,
I just remembered something.

I went on a date with this guy. Someone I knew slightly saw us in the restaurant.
The next day I saw her and she said "Is THAT the guy you were talking about? He's so (fill in the blank with something she apparantly thought was unexceptable"

I ended up being married to the guy for 26 years.

As far as I'm aware, that woman never went on dates with anyone. She was a 30 year old woman who still listened to what her daddy told her.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2021 04:00 pm
@singlesucks13,
If your name reflects what you feel, then why wouldn't you chance a meet?

What is the worst thing that could happen? You have a terrible time, say your goodbyes and move on.

What is the best thing that could happen? You are no longer single and you actually enjoy spending time with this girl.

If your worried - do something small like go out for coffee or have lunch instead of dinner - have plans afterwards so you have a reason to leave. Like if you have lunch - you need to get back to work. If you enjoy yourself - give her a call back and do something where you invest more time.

Either that or find a reason to not go on a date with another girl.

Oh and she may have a different last name on facebook because she wants to protect her privacy for a variety of reasons - including she doesn't want crazy guys finding out who she really is and stalking her - to she just doesn't want people on facebook to know all her personal stuff.

Why don't you have your real first and last name on here? Unless of course your name is Single Sucks.
singlesucks13

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2021 05:16 pm
@Linkat,
The truth is I'm technically Special needs autistic specificlly and still live with my parents and they are trying to be careful the people I intreact with on those dating sites. They also find fishy that she was just recently engaged and broke it off that quick.

My parents think I should stay off those sites because this is the type of people I come across.

So that's why I keep 2nd guessing before offically setting a date with the person.
chai2

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2021 07:18 pm
@singlesucks13,
The truth is, singlesucks, it's just a date.

I realize now your being on the spectrum could make things difficult for you to figure out. However, a date, like coffee, a burger, is no occassion to double and triple guess yourself.

It's just meeting someone, with no obligations on either side.
singlesucks13

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2021 08:13 pm
@chai2,
She said after she went on a date with a guy last week he ghosted her after and now she said she felt hopeless before I talked to her all day Saturday.

So she doesn't like feeling rejected by someone and she expects someone to talk to her all day because she said she has alot of free time which pressures me more because I'm not the person to keep a conversation going. Probably another reason I'm nervous to go on a date with her is my lack to keep a conversation going
singlesucks13

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2021 12:59 am
@singlesucks13,
I feel like it's bad karma for blocking her because no one new has talked to me since.
0 Replies

singlesucks13

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2021 04:55 pm
@chai2,
I guess you were wrong on telling me to give her a chance and go on a date with her because I unblocked her because I was gulity only to find out she went back to the guy she broke off the engagement with originally. She was trouble the whole time.
roger

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2021 06:00 pm
@singlesucks13,
Well, now you know. It was worth finding out.
0 Replies