Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 06:51 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Frank, I'm talking about your refusal to assess nutanyahoo's use of biblical references to genocide when talking about Gazans. It was as an indication of his intention to commit war crimes against innocent civilians. And as if to put an exclamation point on his religious delusions, he's committing genocide against innocent human beings.

And biden is aiding and abetting the religious nutter committing the war crimes. How do you see it, frank?

You wrote the words, "I believe it's called denial"...IMMEDIATELY after which I wrote, "You are free to "believe" anything you want."

Seems pretty cut and dried to me.

As for Israel/Gaza matter...I have personal reasons for not offering an assessment about whom I consider to be more right or wrong...or to what degree. I simply will not do it. In any case, I doubt I would ever engage in a conversation on something as contentious and complicated as that with someone who peppers his presentation using grammar school age wording like "nutanyahoo" and "nutter" in his presentations.

Clear?
hightor

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 07:04 am
@Frank Apisa,
Glennn wrote:
I don't get it . . .

And he still doesn't get it.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 07:04 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Clear?
This question is certainly beyond the horizon.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 07:27 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I have personal reasons for not offering an assessment

Sure. I understand that, frank. Hell, I have personal reasons for offering my assessment, chief among them being the ongoing genocide occurring in Gaza. In fact, frank, pretty much everyone in the world has assessed Israel's war crimes against innocent humans as genocide--everyone but biden and nutanyahu's crew whose interests obviously lie elsewhere. Wonder where . . .

The president of Israel told his military that he has removed all restraints, and that there are no innocent civilians in Gaza. I don't know what you hear, but I hear him saying that it's now open season on Gazans.
Glennn

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 07:31 am
@hightor,
If you're unwilling to call the war crimes being perpetrated against Gazans by the Israelis the war crimes that they are, then you are the one who still doesn't get it.

But just for laughs, tell me what I don't get about the situation in which biden is willingly aiding and abetting a war criminal. Is it that, somehow when biden does it, it's not a bad thing, or what? There must be some way for you to articulate your reasoning for supporting him despite his support for religious nutters who calls Gazan kids animals who deserve to be treated that way.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 08:02 am
@Glennn,
There has been some questioning of the amount of Palestinians killed because the figures are announced by a Hamas controlled health authority.

I personally don't have any problem accepting the figures, the UN doesn't have a problem with them so neither do I.

And neither do you by the looks of things, you must accepted those figures because the UN said they were OK.

One of the first threads you started was ostensibly about crtical thinking and free speech but it was a thread dismissing the extent of the Holocaust, with you questioning the efficacy of Zyclon B.

Now those figure are far less contentious than the ones in Gaza, it happened a long time ago, thousands of historians, archivists and other scholars have looked at the figures and reached an overall conclusion which is only questioned by extremists.

I really can't see the point in any of this, it just seems nasty. Say for sake of argument the figures are wrong and only half the amount of people perished in the Holocaust as stated it wouldn't be any less of a crime. Something that enormous and systematic wouldn't be made any less evil by Nazi ineficiency.

And all the Nazi apologists, who try to muddy the waters by using terms like critical thinking and free speech, have, is the claim that the Nazi death machine wasn't as efficient as previously claimed.

That's like saying Jack the Ripper wasn't all bad because he failed to murder other prostitutes whose narrow escapes weren't reported.

That's your "critical thinking".
Glennn

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 08:51 am
@izzythepush,
It appears that you've gone off topic again. You made your post about me.

The question being put to the pro-joe crowd here is how they get past his support of a war criminal engaging in genocide. They're big boys. Let them answer for themselves . . .
Quote:
I really can't see the point in any of this, it just seems nasty.

Yes, the truth is nasty, isn't it? Aiding and abetting a war criminal is as nasty as it gets. But I'm the nasty one. But of course!
Quote:
One of the first threads you started was ostensibly about crtical thinking and free speech but it was a thread dismissing the extent of the Holocaust, with you questioning the efficacy of Zyclon B.

You're talking about this: https://able2know.org/topic/549709-5

If you believe I was inaccurate in my research, you should go over to that thread and make your point. Of course, you've already been there, haven't you? And you couldn't refute anything I posted in that thread, either. So, bringing it up in this thread is just your way of trying to distract from the fact that biden supports a confirmed war criminal, which puts him in the same light as the war criminal.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 09:27 am
@Glennn,
It's because you're harming the Palestinian's cause.

Israel's supporters like to paint supporters of Palestine as being antisemitic, and your Holocaust denying posts make their point for them.

The hypocrisy is overwhelming.

Glennn

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 09:49 am
@izzythepush,

This: https://able2know.org/topic/549709-5

. . . does not deny the Holocaust. It shows that the zyklon B part of the narrative is false. Your failure to prove otherwise is on display in that thread. And nowhere in that, or any other post of mine, will you find that I've denied the Holocaust. However, the zyklon B part of the story doesn't reflect reality.

Now where was I? Ah yes, I was asking a biden supporter what I don't get about the situation in which biden is willingly aiding and abetting a war criminal. I was telling him that there must be some way for him to articulate his reasoning for supporting him despite his support for religious nutters who call Gazan kids animals who deserve to be treated that way.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 11:23 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:
This: https://able2know.org/topic/549709-5

. . . does not deny the Holocaust. It shows that the zyklon B part of the narrative is false. Your failure to prove otherwise is on display in that thread. And nowhere in that, or any other post of mine, will you find that I've denied the Holocaust. However, the zyklon B part of the story doesn't reflect reality.
Quote:
Mr. Pressac constructs a detailed account of exchanges between Nazi officers at Auschwitz and the company of J. A. Topf & Sohne in Erfurt.

The book shows how this company, driven by an engineer and committed Nazi named Kurt Prufer, built and steadily extended the oven capacity at Auschwitz to the point where 1,250 bodies a day -- and 2,200 at moments of peak necessity -- could be incinerated after people perished in gas chambers.

A letter of March 2, 1943, from Mr. Prufer at J. A. Topf to the Bauleitung SS at Auschwitz, is accorded particular importance by Mr. Pressac.

Sent in reply to a request for 10 "gas detectors," the letter, discovered in Moscow, says, "We have approached five different firms seeking to acquire the device you want for indicating traces of hydrocyanic acid." 'Definitive Proof' Seen

"This document," Mr. Pressac writes, "constitutes the definitive proof of the existence of a murderous gas chamber in Crematorium 11 at Auschwitz." Hydrocyanic acid, a lethal poison, was the active ingredient in Zyklon-B gas, and the Nazis needed devices to detect its presence to insure the safe removal of bodies.

Mr. Pressac, who bases his dating of the "Final Solution" in June 1942 partly on contracts for a rapid expansion of the Auschwitz crematoria, also shows, by previously unpublished architectural plans, how the redesigned Auschwitz morgue of December 1942 was clearly conceived as a gas chamber.

Throughout, the book's tone of the book is dry. Human emotion has virtually no place in the book. At one point, Mr. Pressac describes the death process in production-line terms: receipt of raw material (live human bodies), followed by the transformation process (the gas chambers), stocking and final use (cremation).

"Look," he said, "I am not going to cry like a baby before the Auschwitz crematoria. I wanted proof; I found it. As for the nature of evil, the fact is that most people obey."
Source: New York Times, Thursday, October 28, 1993

According the number of murdered people in Ausschwitz (1,1 million versus 800,000 written by Pessac) he said that his number was the minimum. (Source as above.)
Glennn

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 12:02 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I'd be more than happy to answer your post.

You should take this to the appropriate thread: https://able2know.org/topic/549709-5

A biden supporter insisted that I don't get it. So I was asked him what he thinks I don't get about the situation in which biden is willingly aiding and abetting a war criminal. I offered him a chance to articulate his reasoning for supporting him despite his material support for the religious nutter who calls Gazan kids animals who deserve to be treated that way, but so far hasn't come up anything that offsets support of genocide. As I said before, supporting war crimes against innocent people is as low as it gets.

Perhaps you have something to offer in defense of supporting a guy who supports a war criminal. Just asking.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 12:13 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:
You should take this to the appropriate thread
I decide for myself where I respond (not on that thread).
And why I respond (because you mentioned it here).
Glennn

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 12:20 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Sure . . .
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 01:29 pm
@Glennn,
Denying the full extent of the Holocaust is still Holocaust denial.

That's how it's changed, you know outright denial doesn't work so you try to minimise the full effect, all the while pretending you're not actually denying the Holocaust.

I'm not playing your games, I call a spade a spade.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 01:34 pm
someone who still doesn't get it wrote:
I offered him a chance to articulate his reasoning for supporting him [Biden]...

That's big of you.

Maybe the Biden supporter you refer to isn't a single-issue voter and knows that, overall, a second Biden administration would be a lot better for this country when compared to the alternative. The war in Gaza isn't the only problem facing the planet which needs to be addressed.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 01:48 pm
@Glennn,
It's appropriate to this thread because it goes to your motivation, that you're not acting in good faith.

As someone who has supported Palestinian self determination from the off, I have been accused of antisemitism, and of acting in bad faith.

I have made sure I've attacked real antisemitism, countering Holocaust denial and when discussing Palestine limiting myself to Israeli sources so the Israel apologists can't dismiss them. Fortunately B'tselem and Haaretz are both excellent organisations.

When I posted video of Israeli settler abusing Palestinians under the gaze of the IDF someone asked where the good Israelis were. I've responded that the good Israelis are the people behind the camera reporting what's going on and downloading it to youtube. Without them we wouldn't know half of what's happening.

After being so careful not to harm the Palestinian cause it disgusts me when you **** all over it with your Holocaust denial and sick antisemitic conspiracy bullshit.

You're trying to hijack an oppressed people's struggle for your own disgusting purposes, and you're not fooling anyone, least of all anyone who actually cares about the Palestinians.
Glennn

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 01:55 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Maybe the Biden supporter you refer to isn't a single-issue voter

Again you are implying that biden's material support for the ongoing genocide in Gaza is just another issue . . . like every other issue. But that's not true. Supporting the war crimes of a religiously deluded man is the lowest form of illegal activity a president could be involved in. And of all the issues for you to overlook, it's his aiding and abetting of war criminals that you settled on.

Good job!
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 02:04 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
. . . your Holocaust denial and sick antisemitic conspiracy bullshit.

If you have a problem with my posts from another thread, go over there and have at it. I promise I'll be there.

And if you have a problem with my posts in this thread, I guess that's where your complaint begins.

Right now I'm asking biden supporters how they overlook his support of a guy who supports a war criminal. I think they're still trying to come up with something, and coming up empty handed. We'll see.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 04:39 pm
@Glennn,
And I've told you why nobody wants to talk to you.

You're not debating in good faith and you demand attention.

When you don't get any, because you're so tiresome, you take it as some sort of moral victory.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2024 06:27 pm
AOC: "Biden doesn't stand for all the values I do. But I would rather fight for those things in a landscape where

https://www.threads.net/@beingliberal/post/C5-wwVILyk4/?xmt=AQGzeuIuiEnubALRVP1yzXZEXhKchdIWapem70WTbkTshA

See Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez video at link above:

"Biden doesn't stand for all the values I do. But I would rather fight for those things in a landscape where democracy still works, than a landscape of racist, sexist authoritarianism."
0 Replies