Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 10:06 am
@glitterbag,
In a reasonably stable political culture, anyone who talks like Trump does, who dehumanises others, is disqualified for any political office.
In the USA, this is how the most promising Republican candidate for the presidency talks.
And his supporters cheer him on.
Glennn

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 10:37 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
So do you have any great suggestions

Yeah, don't let a religious nutter prevent food and water from reaching starving human beings. You don't let a guy like that use starvation as a weapon of war against innocent humans; it's barbaric, and it's called a war crime. When did looking the other way in such a case become U.S. policy?

Oh, and don't send bombs and fighter jets to a guy who quotes genocidal biblical passages in which he equates Palestinian children and babies with Amalekites who will be dealt with accordingly. Big red flag, huh!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 10:51 am
@Walter Hinteler,
The dehumanization is the crucial part.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 11:04 am
After the attack on the, clearly marked, charity convoy that had informed the IDF of their route, and times, a majority of British voters are now in favour of a ban on arms exports to Israel.

Labour voters want a ban by 71% to 9%
Liberal voters 70% to 14%
Tory voters 38% to 36%.

Overall 59% to 12%.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 11:43 am
@glitterbag,
....and, Trump wants kill all Muslims on sight, period. After all, they are just animals - just like monkeys 🤔🙄😖

Yeah, that's the one that we should vote for.........not!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 12:56 pm
According to a recent poll Trump is leading Biden in six crucial swing states, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Arizona, Georgia, Nevada and North Carolina.

Michigan has a significant Arab/American poulation and it's clearly not enough to say the other guy is worse when you're funding a genocide.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 03:36 pm
@izzythepush,
I don't know how well polls are carried out in England, but here a lot of them are what we call push polls. They never offer a full range of choices, but limit them to shape the results. They use random people with cell phones is a sample seldom more than 2,000 to represent the entire USA. They also choose their time slots carefully to bend the results, too.

I don't pay any attention to the polls until the Conventions.

After Biden went to Michigan to talk to Muslim groups, they've finally admit: Biden or Mango Jebus? That's the choice. Not voting for Joe is voting for Jebus, voting for Jill Stein is voting for Jebus.

Voting for Jebus is voting for Netenyahu.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 03:41 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Don't get me wrong, I'm really concerned about the prospect of another Trump presidency.

Biden seems far too relaxed about the impact his Gaza policy is having on the Arab American vote.

This crap could lose him the election.

It's not enough to say the other guy would be worse, there needs to be an arms embargo now.

Nothing else will cut it.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 03:48 pm
@izzythepush,
Of course I do not know how this election is playing out where you are, but there is no way in Hell the Orange Shitgibbon is going back to White House.

Most of the US is against Israeli actions in Gaza, including most Jewish. Does not mean most of us are anti-Israel, and it doesn't mean of a good portion of the antisemites is against Israel's actions in Gaza.
Glennn

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 04:17 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Most of the US is against Israeli actions in Gaza

Yeah. If only we had a representative government; one that stands for International law and enforces it when Americans are disgusted by a belligerent actor committing war crimes.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 07:39 pm
Mango Jebus' rally in Green Bay drew around 500:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GKNUpFkWEAA0sKu.jpg
0 Replies

Bogulum

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2024 05:50 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I'm really concerned about the prospect of another Trump presidency.

Biden seems far too relaxed about the impact his Gaza policy is having on the Arab American vote.

This crap could lose him the election.

It's not enough to say the other guy would be worse, there needs to be an arms embargo now.

Nothing else will cut it.

I've been a pretty stalwart Biden supporter. But his actions vis-a-vis Israel and Gaza just make no goddam sense, rationally, politically or otherwise.

He was quoted once to say "Don't tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I'll tell you what you value." (Which was a knock off of the "Budgets are moral documents" line, often attributed to Dr Martin Luther King) I was so glad to hear him say this at the time, It fit with my belief that Biden is, at heart, someone who will do his best to do the right things with the power he can wield in government. But now we have it shown to us in stark relief that Biden is just talking out of both sides of his mouth.

The strike that recently killed a group of aid workers in Gaza should have AT LEAST been the last impetus that our government needed to put strict conditions on its military aid to Israel. Stop bombing, or we stop giving you military aid. Open up to humanitarian aid, or we cut off your money. I've been resistant to this idea in the past, because I was fooled by the doublespeak coming out of the White House, thinking that they were doing everything they practically could, but right now that's all reading as bullshit.

Biden could make a change in the lives and chances for survival of the Palestinian people RIGHT NOW. It is the right thing for him to do politically, and morally.

You know the ONLY reason I think he doesn't move on this? I think it's a part of his religious ideas. That's all I can figure, to explain his continuing, unquestioning funneling of billions of dollars to madman Netanyahu. He said "I don't think you have to be a Jew to be a Zionist, and I am a Zionist", when Netanyahu came to visit.

This is one time I agree with the folks who say religion is the cause of all the misery in the world. The people in Gaza are starving, suffering and dying. Our president and Congress has the power to radically improve their daily lives by making their continuing aid to Israel contingent on Netanyahu allowing a massive, immediate increase in humanitarian aid to get through to Gazans. And the only reason they are not doing it is because of some funky ass idea that God somehow is against it.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2024 07:37 am
https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb3516209v/_1_2.jpg

Or jail Mr Donnie J. Drumph.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2024 08:46 am

Trump's Bond Has Been Rejected

Trump's bond has been rejected until Knight Specialty provides the court with more information.

Attorney Tristan Snell, author of Taking Down Trump about his experience suing Trump on behalf of students of the failed Trump University, noted that the insurance paperwork has been "returned for correction"

"[The] court demands that the bond underwriter, Knight Insurance, provide more info about their own solvency and authorization to cover the bond. Is there something else shady in how Trump's bond is being handled?" Snell wrote on X on Wednesday.

Wednesday's New York County Supreme Court notice read:

"The court has returned the documents listed below for the following reasons: Please include a current financial statement and Power of Attorney. Additionally, please list the name of the Attorney-in-Fact under the signature line on the Undertaking. Please use the 'Refile Document' link for Doc. No. 1707 to resubmit the corrected filing. Thank you and have a great day."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/donald-trump-s-175m-bond-rejection-raises-questions/ar-BB1l3WU5
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2024 10:14 am
Georgia GOP intensifies as vice chair refuses to resign for voting illegally (Nine times)

https://www.alternet.org/georgia-gop-vice-chair/

Rift within Georgia GOP intensifies as vice chair refuses to resign for voting illegally

Carl GibsonApril 03, 2024

Georgia Republican Party vice chairman Brian Pritchard is steadfastly refusing calls to resign from his post despite a finding that he illegally voted nine times.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (AJC) reported Wednesday that Georgia GOP chairman Josh McKoon asked Pritchard to step down as the party's #2 official following a judge's administrative ruling that he voted nine times since 2008 despite being on probation for felony check forgery. While Pritchard won't be jailed for the offense, he was fined $5,000 and will face an unspecified "reprimand," according to the AJC. However, Pritchard has yet to resign, and indicated he plans to stay in his position.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2024 10:25 am
@bobsal u1553115,

and here i am thinking voter fraud is a big deal in GA...

guess not!
izzythepush

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2024 10:47 am
@Bogulum,
Bogulum wrote:

The strike that recently killed a group of aid workers in Gaza should have AT LEAST been the last impetus that our government needed to put strict conditions on its military aid to Israel. Stop bombing, or we stop giving you military aid. Open up to humanitarian aid, or we cut off your money.

The Guardian is reporting that on the day of the strike the state department gave the go ahead for a load of bombs including 1000 MK82 500lb bombs.

"The World is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds."
Matt Johnson.

The problem I have with religion is the arm that tries to divide. The ones who have an us and them a sheep and goats viewpoint as opposed to those who try to reach out to other groups.

Isn't it supposed to be love, not judge, thy neighbour?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2024 11:24 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Georgia GOP intensifies as vice chair refuses to resign for voting illegally (Nine times)

https://www.alternet.org/georgia-gop-vice-chair/

Rift within Georgia GOP intensifies as vice chair refuses to resign for voting illegally

Carl GibsonApril 03, 2024

Georgia Republican Party vice chairman Brian Pritchard is steadfastly refusing calls to resign from his post despite a finding that he illegally voted nine times.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (AJC) reported Wednesday that Georgia GOP chairman Josh McKoon asked Pritchard to step down as the party's #2 official following a judge's administrative ruling that he voted nine times since 2008 despite being on probation for felony check forgery. While Pritchard won't be jailed for the offense, he was fined $5,000 and will face an unspecified "reprimand," according to the AJC. However, Pritchard has yet to resign, and indicated he plans to stay in his position.

FYI: I dropped your post, Bobsal, into NTProf's underbaked Voter Fraud thread.

Good post. I'm not surprised at this happening. Pissed off that it did. Just not surprised.
blatham

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2024 01:07 pm
Quote:
Neal Katyal@neal_katyal
Judge Cannon just rejected Trump's bogus Presidential Records Act defense, but only for now. She has (weirdly and pointedly) refused to actually decide the issue, despite Jack Smith's warning that double jeopardy would then apply. I think Smith has no choice but to go to the 11th Circuit on mandamus. It's a tough standard, but it is met here.

Quote:
A writ of mandamus (/mænˈdeɪməs/; lit. ''we command'') is a judicial remedy in the English and American common law system consisting of a court order that commands a government official or entity to perform an act it is legally required to perform as part of its official duties, or to refrain from performing an act the law forbids it from doing. Writs of mandamus are usually used in situations where a government official has failed to act as legally required or has taken a legally prohibited action.

On another matter, No Labels has just announced it is giving up it's plans to run a third party candidate... because they couldn't find anyone willing to stand.

Also, this...
Quote:
Ron Filipkowski@RonFilipkowski
2h
BREAKING: Judge McAfee Denies Trump’s Motion to Dismiss. Trump argued that his conversations with GA elections officials were protected free speech under the 1st Amend. McAfee disagreed. Story .. https://meidastouch.com/news/judge-mcafee-denies-trumps-motion-to-dismiss-on-first-amendment-grounds
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2024 01:26 pm
And if you haven't read this Thomas Edsall piece, DO READ IT
Trump’s Backers Are Determined Not to Blow It This Time Around