Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2024 12:07 pm
@BillW,
Who cares? Just lock him the **** up. He's no more a political prisoner than the UniBomber is.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2024 12:09 pm
'I will kill you': Trump supporter arrested as Letitia James and judge get death threats

David Edwards
April 2, 2024 1:15PM ET

https://www.rawstory.com/engoron-threats/

A New York man has been charged with making terroristic threats to Attorney General Letitia James and Justice Arthur Engoron over money Donald Trump has been ordered to pay as the result of a fraud case.

The Buffalo News reported that 26-year-old Tyler Vogel was facing two counts of making a terroristic threat and two counts of second-degree aggravated harassment. He was charged by the Erie County District Attorney's Office on March 25.

Vogel is accused of sending text messages to the attorney general and the judge around 10:23 PM on March 24.

Identifying himself as "Brian Crandel," Vogel's text messages were said to include the recipients' home address.

ALSO READ: The overlooked detail in Trump's Bible sales pitch

"I want to give you Letitia James a very fair warning that you are not to permanently steal Donald Trumps (sic) assets or his property," one message to James said. "Furthermore you are not to imprison Donald Trump."
ADVERTISEMENT

He threatened to "go after you with deadly force" because he owned a "whole wall of deadly weapons."

"Mark my words I will kill you if you even dare to permanently steal Donald Trumps (sic) assets or his property," he allegedly wrote.

The suspect was being held without bail at the Erie County Holding Center. The identity of his attorney was not immediately clear.

The District Attorney's office said that Vogel faces up to seven years in prison if found guilty.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2024 12:10 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

Is Trump trying to be thrown in jail for a violation of the one of the many Judges gag orders? After all, if he does, it will only be for a night or two and he would then be able to say that it was a democratic conspiracy to shut him up and he was is now in one with the January 6th "demonstrators"! Hmmmmmmmm.....

I think he thinks that being jailed, even if only for an overnight stay...will help him in this election.

I'm not sure it will, but it is a possibility. With the crew that he attracts, almost anything is possible.
BillW

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2024 12:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I think he thinks that being jailed, even if only for an overnight stay...will help him in this election.

My thoughts exactly, he would then be a martyr.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2024 02:34 pm
@BillW,

he's already a martyr in the eyes of the blissfully uninformed, uncaring MAGA morons...
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2024 05:48 pm
@Region Philbis,
Though most martyrs don't sit around swilling Diet Coke.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 05:03 am
This seems appropriate here.https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/32e6afc7853744ce714d9ae93a9b66e3f71ce396/0_81_4810_2886/master/4810.jpg?width=1300&dpr=1&s=none
blatham

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 05:37 am
Very highly recommended:

The Judicial War on Government

Audio interview with the legal scholar who wrote the above piece
I was tipped off to the piece and interview by this fellow. Take his advise.

Quote:
Rick Perlstein@rickperlstein
13h
Pls pls pls spend an hour with this masterful interview on the six people, five of them appointed for life by president's who lost the popular vote, setting themselves up as America's sovereign, crushing all protections from corporate power.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 06:10 am
Quote:
Special counsel blasts judge in Trump documents case

In perhaps prosecutors’ strongest rebuke yet to how Judge Aileen Cannon has handled the classified documents case against former President Donald Trump, special counsel Jack Smith said in court filings late Tuesday evening that the judge had ordered briefings based on a “fundamentally flawed” understanding of the case that has “no basis in law or fact.”

Smith’s team harshly critiqued Cannon’s request for jury instructions that embraced Trump’s claims that he had broad authority to take classified government documents and said it would seek an appeals court review if she accepted the former president’s arguments about his record-retention powers.

In an unusual order last month, Cannon asked attorneys on the classified documents case to submit briefs on potential jury instructions defining terms of the Espionage Act, under which Trump is charged over mishandling 32 classified records. Specifically, Cannon asked the special counsel and defense attorneys to write two versions of proposed jury instructions.
(keep reading cnn)
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 06:40 am
Hillary Clinton on Voters who are upset about the choices in November:

“Get over yourselves…. One is old and effective and compassionate, has a heart and really cares about people, and one is old and has been charged with 91 felonies… I don’t understand why this is a hard choice.”

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 06:41 am
@izzythepush,
Great reference!!!!
Glennn

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 06:49 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
I don’t understand why this is a hard choice.

I think that any perceived "goodness" in biden is offset by his material support of the genocide going on right now in Gaza. That would weigh heavily on the minds of decent people. Hard to overlook that kind of thing. It's criminal.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 07:22 am
@bobsal u1553115,
It's spot on.

Netanyahu is a bloody disaster.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 09:08 am
I'm not remotely surprised this piece of crap is a Trump supporter.

Quote:
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/6364/production/_130144452_dsc04028-3-4.jpg.webp

A ringleader in a global monkey torture network exposed by the BBC has been charged by US federal prosecutors.

Michael Macartney, 50, who went by the alias "Torture King", was charged in Virginia with conspiracy to create and distribute animal-crushing videos.

Mr Macartney was one of three key distributors identified by the BBC Eye team during a year-long investigation into sadistic monkey torture groups.

Two women have also been charged in the UK following the investigation.

Warning: This article contains disturbing content

Mr Macartney, a former motorcycle gang member who previously spent time in prison, ran several chat groups for monkey torture enthusiasts from around the world on the encrypted messaging app Telegram.

The groups were used to share ideas for custom-made torture videos, such as setting live monkeys on fire, injuring them with tools and even putting one in a blender.

The ideas were then sent, along with payments, to video-makers in Indonesia who carried them out, sometimes killing the baby long-tailed macaque monkeys in the process.

According to charging documents, Mr Macartney, who lives in the US state of Virginia, is accused by prosecutors of collecting funds from his chat groups and distributing videos depicting the "torture, murder, and sexually sadistic mutilation of animals, specifically juvenile and adult monkeys".

Mr Macartney has cooperated with investigators from the Department of Homeland Security and agreed to plead guilty to conspiracy charges. He will formally make a plea later this month and is facing up to five years in prison.

Speaking to the BBC Eye investigations team last year, Mr Macartney confessed to his role in the torture network, describing himself as the "king of this demented world".

"I was the man," he said. "You want to see monkeys get messed up? I could bring it to you."

Mr Macartney also described the moment he joined his first Telegram monkey group.

"They had a poll set up," he said. "Do you want a hammer involved? Do you want pliers involved? Do you want a screwdriver?"

The resulting videos were "the most grotesque thing I have ever seen", Mr Macartney said, and yet he went on to become a key player in the monkey torture groups.

The BBC understands that more charges are expected to follow soon for other key players in the monkey torture network. At least 20 people were placed under investigation last year globally, following the BBC's investigation.

Three participants have already been charged in the US, including Mr Macartney. Two torturers were arrested and jailed in Indonesia, and three women have been arrested in the UK, two of whom have been charged.

Holly LeGresley, 37, of Kidderminster and Adriana Orme, 55, of Upton-upon Severn were charged last month with publishing an obscene article and causing unnecessary suffering to a protected animal.

Ms LeGresley and Ms Orme were high-profile members of the online torture groups. Ms LeGresley, who went by the screen name "The Immolator", was a moderator in a group run by Mr Macartney and was involved in commissioning some of the most extreme videos.

In the US, two others have been charged with the same counts as Mr Macartney.

David Christopher Noble, 48, a former US Air Force officer who was previously court-martialed and dismissed from the military, and Nicole Devilbiss, 35. They are both facing up to five years in prison.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68716467
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 09:13 am
@izzythepush,
I heard the original investigation on BBC Radio 4. It's horrific.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 09:18 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Thanks Izzy for bringing this (really not so suprising) story to our attention.

((no self-censorship here when I genuinely post the following))
HOLY ******* ****! Mad
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 09:20 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
previously spent time in prison
he's ready for another stint...
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 09:48 am
@Region Philbis,
At least five years, unfortunately it doesn't look like he'll spend much longer than that because of plea bargaining and dropping fellow torturers in it.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 09:52 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
I don’t understand why this is a hard choice.

I think that any perceived "goodness" in biden is offset by his material support of the genocide going on right now in Gaza. That would weigh heavily on the minds of decent people. Hard to overlook that kind of thing. It's criminal.

So do you have any great suggestions, like perhaps the surrounding countries would offer some aid??? Maybe then Bidden wouldn't be dashing around the tunnels helping the HAMAS folks looking for Jews to kill....somebody has to help HAMAS destroy every Jew in the world, and it really should be our President. Maybe big-balls Trump will offer to help...wouldn't that be a blessing from God. Personally I have no anger against all Jewish people, but if it makes all the faux Christians happy (for a little bit of time) we can congratulate ourselves for mucking up a response to a major tantrum,.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 09:57 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

Thanks Izzy for bringing this (really not so suprising) story to our attention.

((no self-censorship here when I genuinely post the following))
HOLY ******* ****! Mad

Oh my suffering soul, that cretin needs to be locked up forever. I wish to repeat Tsars comment.