Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

blatham

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2023 04:07 pm
@BillW,
The character arrested is white. Certainly could have a racism component. We'll have to wait and see.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2023 04:08 pm
@blatham,
Yeah, those aren’t the equipment of his that worry me
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2023 04:17 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
... two “choking devices,” a window breaker, a chicken foot, pepper spray and “holy water.”
he seems nice...
revelette1

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2023 04:28 pm
@Region Philbis,
Chicken feet and holy water, hope he is not from KY. Did the article say where he was from?
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2023 04:19 am
David A. Graham wrote:
(...)

Smith’s probe has perhaps gotten less attention than the others because, like Robert Mueller before him, he has overseen an investigation with few leaks. Mueller, too, ended up zeroing in on obstruction, and provided clear evidence that Trump had obstructed justice—though he refused to say so plainly or bring charges, citing DOJ guidance against indicting a sitting president. Smith faces no such procedural hurdle.

At the time of the Mueller probe, Trump’s defenders took to writing off any instances of obstruction as mere “process crimes,” as though some crimes are somehow not really crimes. Often, prosecutors do bring obstruction charges when the act impedes prosecuting an underlying crime. But in this case, obstruction is not just an effort to avoid prosecution; it’s a perpetuation of the crime itself—keeping the documents. Smith has an opportunity to recognize that and act where the previous special counsel couldn’t or wouldn’t.

atlantic
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2023 04:53 am
Just for the record, that asswipe was CLEARLY planning to massacre Black students. I wanted to say that lest it gets lost in all the great jokes.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
revelette1

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2023 07:28 am
@Lash,
I agree it was a silly idea as the following article puts it, the invite diminishes both teams.

Jill Biden manages to insult both LSU and Iowa with White House invite idea
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2023 07:46 am
Exclusive: Trump to be charged Tuesday with 34 felony counts, but spared handcuffs and mug shot

For Trump, indictment in Stormy Daniels case is just the tip of the iceberg
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2023 07:54 am
Obviously the First Lady should be impeached for such reprehensible conduct, an unprecedented insult which is nothing less than a mockery of our cherished values. Luckily the MAGAsymps are on the case, drawing attention to this serendipitous scandal which will completely overshadow Trump's arraignment later today.
revelette1

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2023 08:10 am
@hightor,
I know this post is satire, but I think no one besides Lash will be the least interested in the story.

Of more interest to me is the looming cuts on medicare and the Wisconsin election. As a so-called Bernie wing, you would think the first subject would interest her as well.
hightor

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2023 08:14 am
@revelette1,
It's important though, with all the negative attention Trump is getting, for her to show that the Democrats are just as bad.
revelette1

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2023 08:26 am
@hightor,
Yeah, I know. Like her explanation of her being down on Biden vs. Trump, it is a bunch of gaslighting.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2023 09:17 am
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
Re: blatham (Post 7313604)
Quote:
... two “choking devices,” a window breaker, a chicken foot, pepper spray and “holy water.”
he seems nice...

Grandma will be proud.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2023 09:23 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Obviously the First Lady should be impeached for such reprehensible conduct, an unprecedented insult which is nothing less than a mockery of our cherished values. Luckily the MAGAsymps are on the case, drawing attention to this serendipitous scandal which will completely overshadow Trump's arraignment later today.

I'm sure that historians will rank this diversionary move as the gold medal winner in the long history of such attempts.
blatham

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2023 09:27 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Re: revelette1 (Post 7313675)
It's important though, with all the negative attention Trump is getting, for her to show that the Democrats are just as bad.

I don't know who you're speaking of here but thank god for the truth-seekers. And the cheese-makers, of course.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2023 10:40 am
MTG showed up to a “rally” she arranged in front of a NY Court, but only stayed for ten minutes. The New Yorkers drowned out every word she was trying to say with loud whistles and shouts. She shouted something about being “assaulted with noise” before retreating and leaving. This is how Trumpers should always be greeted.

https://www.semafor.com/article/04/04/2023/marjorie-taylor-greene-leaves-trump-rally
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2023 10:47 am

i keep hearing "today is a sad day for america" because a former president is being arrested.

wrong -- it's a good day because we get affirmation that no one is above the law.

the truly sad day was jan 6...
blatham

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2023 11:43 am
@Region Philbis,
An ever sadder day was when Trump won the election.

https://i.insider.com/581c94c4691e8861008b4a58?width=800&format=jpeg&auto=webp
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2023 12:06 pm
The rival of yesteryear - "lock her up!" - could actually comment gloatingly on this today.
But she makes no comment on her Twitter account.
Prominently ignored.