Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 02:44 pm
Trump Owed Hidden Debt While In Office

Donald Trump’s business attracted so much scrutiny during his time in office that it would be easy to conclude that all information about its foreign entanglements must be out by now. It is not. Buried in a heap of recently released financial paperwork sits a surprising revelation: Donald Trump had a foreign creditor he failed to disclose while running for president in 2016 and after assuming office in 2017.

The documents, compiled by the Trump Organization and obtained by the New York attorney general, show a previously unreported liability of $19.8 million listed as “L/P Daewoo.” The debt stems from an agreement Trump struck to share some of his licensing fees with Daewoo, a South Korean conglomerate that partnered with Trump on a project near the United Nations headquarters in New York City.

Trump eliminated the debt five-and-a-half months into his tenure as president, according to the documents. He seems to have acted with some urgency to wipe the liability off his balance sheet. From 2011 to 2016, the documents show that the balance stayed static at $19.8 million. Paperwork capturing Trump’s financial picture as of June 30, 2017, five months into his presidency, appears to show that the balance had dropped to $4.3 million, $15.5 million less than it had been a year earlier. Trump got rid of the debt altogether shortly after that. “Daewoo was bought out of its position on July 5, 2017,” the documents say, without specifying who exactly paid off the loan.

Although the debt appeared on the Trump Organization’s internal paperwork, it did not show up on Trump’s public financial disclosure reports, documents he was required to submit to federal officials while running for president and after taking office. Trump’s former chief financial officer, Allen Weisselberg, told the New York Times in 2016 that his boss disclosed all debt connected to companies in which Trump held a 100% stake on the documents. That was not true.

Read more: https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2022/12/04/trump-owed-hidden-debt-while-in-office/?sh=31f9cf63b30e

Those Russian oligarchs get pretty testy about losing their money. Ask Paul Manafort.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 05:51 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
And it should be honoured that by racing far past the edge of the known political universe, Trump wins the gold medal in the extremism that the MAGA base craves.

I support your nomination, Walter, and will vote accordingly.

But you lead me to pondering a few things. The base now does crave extremism. It's a diet they've been consuming for a long time and it thrills them. But this is a restless crowd. And a hungry crowd. Tea Party stuff is old. Now it's on to Jewish space lasers and microchips in vaccines and a worldwide network of hyper wealthy and powerful vampire pedophiles. Maybe Trump is just trying to catch up?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 07:21 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

time for a firing squad for thetreasonous bastard. one seditious cospiracy insurrectyon wasn't enough, he's upping the stakes and expliciyly treasonously so, he's noy even trying minimally to hide it.

Are you making threats against a former President of the United States?
hightor

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 08:07 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:

Sounds like he's simply stating his preferred outcome in a hypothetical judicial process (which is implied with the reference to a "firing squad"), not making a threat. Case dismissed.
Builder

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 09:02 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Case dismissed

You're making **** up as you go along, while accusing your former president of doing the same thing. Boom tish!
Wilso

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 11:06 pm
How do you all feel about a former president calling for an end to your constitution? Are you scared yet? If you’re not, what f@cking planet are you living on, and more importantly, what will it take to raise your level of concern?
glitterbag

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 11:19 pm
@izzythepush,
Well I don't see Snowdon as a whistle blower. He took materials, shopped them around in China then Russia and I am not confident anything he 'revealed' is accurate or truthful. I see him as a traitor and hope the USSR, oops, I meant Russia keeps him. I don't want him back.
BillW

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 11:24 pm
@Wilso,
I would be far more worried if he had tighter ties to the military and the other basic governmental infrastructures such as CIA, Secret Service, etc. I think he is basically considered a laughing stock!
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 11:30 pm
@Builder,
As usual, hghtor has it right, and you and Mc Gare ludicrous. Trump s a thoroighly despicable human being, a crook, a liar, a conm a ad A CHEAT. hE AND HIS CRONIES FOMENTED INSURRECTION ON j6 AS THE COMMITTEE SHOWED. SO THE 14RH AMENDMENT BARS HIM FROM EVER HOLDING OFFICE. nOKW HE'S ESCalaring with his abrogation and outright violATION OF YHR DUPREME LAW OF THE LAND. tAT'S TREASONOUS. oNE OF THE LEGAL PUNISHMENTS FOR TREASON IS DEATH. tHAT'S SIMPLY THE LAW. gofsdamned capslock.
Wilso

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2022 12:33 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

I would be far more worried if he had tighter ties to the military and the other basic governmental infrastructures such as CIA, Secret Service, etc. I think he is basically considered a laughing stock!

Not concerned about him flaming right wing hatred (the only emotion they’re capable of) in a country where military-grade weapons can be owned any moron?
NSFW (view)
Builder

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2022 03:47 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
and more importantly, what will it take to raise your level of concern?

A pharmaceutical corporate entity, with a charge sheet of fraud, corruption, manipulation of data, and bribing officials, just directed two ******* years of misery for every western nation with their bullshit propaganda. Did that not raise your level of concern, hippy?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2022 06:45 am
Trump Just Had 'Worst Legal Week' He's Ever Seen: Former U.S. Attorney
By Andrew Stanton On 12/4/22 at 6:04 PM EST
Current Time 0:08

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-just-had-worst-legal-week-hes-ever-seen-former-us-attorney-1764500

Joyce White Vance, an ex-U.S. attorney and legal pundit, said Sunday that former President Donald Trump had the worst legal week he has ever seen after two of his White House attorneys provided six hours of testimony in a key investigation.

Trump faced setbacks in several investigations into his conduct last week, including the Department of Justice's probe into the January 6, 2021 Capitol riot—when a mob of his supporters violently protested the 2020 election results—as well as the inquiry into whether he improperly stored classified documents at his Florida Mar-a-Lago residence after he vacated the White House.

The latest blow to his legal defense came Friday when former White House counsel Pat Cipollone and deputy counsel Patrick Philbin testified before a grand jury for six hours as part of the Jan. 6 investigation.

Vance, during an appearance on MSNBC's The Katie Phang Show on Sunday, said their testimony contributed to what she views as "the worst legal week that Trump has ever seen."

"These are the guys who were with Trump. They had daily access. They understood what was going on. They were trying to head off disaster. These are two fine lawyers who understand legally what a president's obligations are and where the line between appropriate action and activity that crosses over into criminality—where that line is," Vance said.

Vance said she believes they were likely providing "a lot of substantive testimony" based on the amount of time they spent before the grand jury. She said they were "not just taking the fifth amendment" or "asserting executive privilege."

The hearing largely focused on the Jan. 6 investigation, according to CNN. But Vance speculated that they could have also testified about the classified documents probe.

"It is unprecedented for there to be a criminal investigation into a former president after he's out of office," she said. "But here we've got two separate ones. We're actually having to speculate are these witnesses talking about this case or that case. That in and of itself tells us how serious this is."

Trump Suffered Major Legal Woes Last Week

Trump's former attorneys' testimonies are not the only legal losses Trump endured last week. The losses follow his announcement that he is running for president in 2024.

On Thursday, a federal court overturned a previous ruling allowing a special master picked by Trump's attorneys to review the documents involved in the DOJ's investigation. Legal experts called the decision a "massive DOJ win," as federal investigations can now use these documents as part of their investigation.

Meanwhile, the South Carolina Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that Trump's former Chief of Staff, Mark Meadows, must testify in a Georgia investigation into his call with their Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger in which the former president allegedly asked him to "find" enough votes to tilt the election in his favor.

In New York, attorneys made their closing arguments in a tax fraud lawsuit against the Trump Organization. The jury is set to receive the case for review on Monday.

Newsweek reached out to Trump's office for comment.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2022 08:46 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Quote:
Re: McGentrix (Post 7286430)
Quote:

Sounds like he's simply stating his preferred outcome in a hypothetical judicial process (which is implied with the reference to a "firing squad"), not making a threat. Case dismissed.

I recall some years back when I warned McG that I was going to smoosh him pancake flat with a cartoon piano.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2022 08:56 am
@blatham,
Smoosh me? lol
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2022 09:10 am
@glitterbag,
To be honest, we don't really know, the whole thing was handled terribly giving a public relations coup to Putin in the process.

Had the Obama regime not already "prosecuted whistleblowers at a historically unprecedented rate," he might not have flown to Hong Kong.

He said he was exposing war crimes, the Obama administration said otherwise, and we'll never know, and the main beneficiary is Putin.

I'm sure Russian citizenship and relative freedom weren't cheap. I'm sure Putin was paid very well for it.
revelette1

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2022 09:22 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Well I don't see Snowdon as a whistle blower. He took materials, shopped them around in China then Russia and I am not confident anything he 'revealed' is accurate or truthful. I see him as a traitor and hope the USSR, oops, I meant Russia keeps him. I don't want him back.

I agree.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2022 09:39 am
@revelette1,
I don't because he had a comfortable life before, and now he's worse off.

If he had set out to sell secrets to hostile powers he would have made a lot more money and be a lot better off.

Over here the media have portrayed him a whistleblower, and that may have something to do with perception.

If he is a whistleblower he deserves protection but if he is a traitor he should be prosecuted, but we'll never know.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2022 09:42 am
@Wilso,
But unorganized and with the National Guard against them, nope!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2022 10:00 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Quote:

I agree.

So do I.