Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 07:40 am
@blatham,
Usually, when Trump posts something outrageous such as this, it usually means something major that would negatively affect Trump is about to drop.

More likely, he knows Walker will potentially lose the runoff election, and will act as another signal of his weakened power over the GOP.
Less likely, he is about to get charged in relation to January 6 and wants a distraction.
Either way, he wants his base to cover him.
blatham

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 07:59 am
@Rebelofnj,
All those make sense. But what throws me is in this case is the level of extremity. I know of nothing close to a comparable example where a senior political figures - much less a past President - has suggested cancelling all laws, regulations and the Constitution itself.

PS... here's the full post

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FjGzlTfUYAAzyzb?format=jpg&name=medium
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 08:04 am
@blatham,

it reeks of desperation...
izzythepush

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 08:10 am
@blatham,
He has a point though, the fraud he has attempted to perpetrate is unprecedented.

Maybe suspending part of the constitution is the only answer. I was thinking the bit about cruel and unusual punishments.

They found an industrial mincer in Sadam Hussein's torture/punishment rooms.

Trump should be put through that, and his supporters can buy the sausages.

blatham

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 08:16 am
Apology here. I posted above without going through yesterday's posts by others. Bosal and hightor both wrote on this and hightor included a bright piece from HCR. Sorry guys.
blatham

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 08:27 am
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
it reeks of desperation...

It does. He's lost a lot of power; he's no longer the center of attention even within his own party; and being out of power and given the mid-term results he has lost the ability to credibly threaten vengeance on those not supporting him. So there's clear ego damage along with legal liabilities about which he is surely acutely aware of.
blatham

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 09:04 am
@izzythepush,
yuk yuk
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 10:28 am
@blatham,
If he wasn't guilty of his own destruction (in my opinion the GOP who enabled him all these years should be going down with the ship with him, but like rats...) a person would feel sorry for him. It looks like his own family is deserting him as well. Ivanka didn't even show up when he announced his run for 2024.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 10:42 am
@revelette1,
To be fair, Ivanka had to have emergency treatment for her nails, the gloss coat was chipped on her left pinky finger. It was totally grotty. Totally.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 10:46 am
@MontereyJack,
I'd settle for a canvas sack and a toss in the river.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 11:21 am
@MontereyJack,
He is. I've never, ever heard of any "candidate" call for the canceling of the Constitution. I swore to protect, defend, uphold the Constitution when I enlisted. And then I signed a waiver to my rights under the Bill of Rights to become subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Of the whole day spent being inducted into the Navy - that memory is the one that sticks the most clearly.

I know there are vets who hold that moment, too, who have actually shed blood and lost blood over the Constitution and their oath to it. I just plain do get how they cleave so tightly to that dictator in waiting.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 11:25 am
@Builder,
Dipshit. Is your understanding of Australian history just as half-assed?

The founding fathers with the 2nd Amendment gave the relief to dictatorship. They never ever said, 'chuck the Constitution'. You are the most disingenuous person I've ever had the distinct displeasure of stepping in.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 11:39 am
@izzythepush,
What part would you edit out???

Lincoln tried to eliminate habeas corpus, and really had a fight on his hands. One of my greats-grandfather, who was Governor of Kentucky (proslavery, but pro-Union) was arrested and jailed without charges or trial by EO and spent a year or so in prison and exiled to Argentina until the Civil War was over.

It's not the Constitution that is the weakness here. It's the fact laws have never been written for a lot of the crimes committed. Whatever breaks that Florida Man is using, these same remedies are available for all US citizens and resident aliens. He can afford to delay justice, but it will not end up with justice denied. His crap has already started to create new laws that will help prevent this sort of crap, again.

Keep the Constitution. Change the laws.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 11:41 am
@blatham,
No problems, my friend - three heads are better than two!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 12:24 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

What part would you edit out???

Anything that spell colour or or centre er.

Darn tootin'.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 01:12 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
in my opinion the GOP who enabled him all these years should be going down with the ship with him, but like rats...

Yes ma'm. As we know, many Republicans/conservatives have broken away from the party because of it's support for Trump but many, many more did not. The party is complicit.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 01:13 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
To be fair, Ivanka had to have emergency treatment for her nails, the gloss coat was chipped on her left pinky finger. It was totally grotty. Totally.

Good point. Once again, evidence that we liberals do try to be fair.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 01:23 pm
@blatham,
And it should be honoured that by racing far past the edge of the known political universe, Trump wins the gold medal in the extremism that the MAGA base craves.
revelette1

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 02:04 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I read a headline a while ago I don't scarce believe. Something about leaked papers of Putin said he wanted to invade Japan?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2022 02:41 pm
@revelette1,
He heard the lines were shorter at Disneyland - Tokyo.
0 Replies