Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 07:17 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Maybe not the best thread but why pass on it? I still have the helm on my bank from when he terrorized Kharanos.

I wasn't all that interested in it. This being Wrath of Arthas, I'm playing a death knight, so my normal mount looks almost the same.

The only ground mount I'm really interested in is the war bear you get from killing all the enemy faction leaders. I haven't done that yet, but it's on my to-do list.

The only flying mount that I'm really interested in is the 310% speed mount you get from completing all of the holiday achievements throughout the year. I did roll "need" when a pet dropped that I needed to complete one of my holiday achievements. The guy who lost out to me on the pet is the same guy who won the mount when I passed on it, so I think it all worked out for the best. I'm happy and he's happy.

Plus I guess maybe I'm just a generous person. This isn't the first time I've passed on something nice that I could have used when I saw that others really wanted it badly and I had already gotten the things that I was actually focused on getting.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 07:19 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
'North Kosovo' isn't a state/country but part of Kosovo.
I have no idea what Kosovo's constitution means in terms of whether and how parts of the country can separate from the state.

"Kosovo" isn't a state/country but part of Serbia.

Serbia's constitution does not have a provision allowing NATO to steal Kosovo from them.
oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 07:22 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Territorial integrity is the principle under international law that gives the right to sovereign states to defend their borders and all territory in them of another state.

If NATO hadn't disrespected this right with Serbia, perhaps Russia wouldn't be disrespecting this right with Georgia and Ukraine.

At the very least, Russia would not have the advantage of being able to point out NATO's blatant hypocrisy as a justification for Russia's aggression.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
The right of peoples to self-determination, however, one of the fundamental rights of international law, states that a people has the right to decide freely on its political status, its form of state and government, and its economic, social and cultural development.

Interesting how NATO thinks that the Serbs in North Kosovo don't have this same right.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 07:24 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
"Kosovo" isn't a state/country but part of Serbia.
Okay, so Serbia, Russia, China and oralloy (plus some others) do not recognise Kosovo's independence
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 07:28 am
@oralloy,
My response was about International law, the term you used, lining out the difference between territorial integrity and self-determination.

oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 07:31 am
@Walter Hinteler,
My response was about NATO hypocrisy and double standards regarding international law.

Why don't the Serbs in North Kosovo have any right to self determination?
oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 07:33 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Okay, so Serbia, Russia, China and oralloy (plus some others) do not recognise Kosovo's independence

I recognize the independence of the regions that have seceded from Ukraine and Georgia.

I also recognize their right to join Russia if they choose to do so.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 07:52 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I also recognize their right to join Russia if they choose to do so.
Well, those so-called referenda were violations of the UN Charter and international law.

That you support criminal attitude is not really surprising.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 07:54 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Why don't the Serbs in North Kosovo have any right to self determination?
Since you refer to international law and have such a high IQ - either you should know it or alternatively look it up.
Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 10:19 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Keep in mind that O had previously expected for President Trump to abolish NATO and had wanted Putin and Russia to "help the American people to resist the Biden Administration."

O is not exactly an authority on global relations and diplomacy.
Rebelofnj

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 12:55 pm
Assailant shouted ‘Where is Nancy?’ in break-in at speaker’s home, attack on Paul Pelosi

Quote:
The husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was violently assaulted during an early-morning break-in at the couple’s San Francisco home by an assailant who was searching for the speaker and shouted, “Where is Nancy?,” according to a person briefed on the case.

San Francisco Police Chief William Scott said at a news conference that police responded at 2:27 a.m. Friday to a break-in at the Pelosi home. They found the assailant, who grabbed a hammer from Paul Pelosi and attacked him in front of police.

Paul Pelosi, 82, was taken to a hospital and is expected to make a full recovery, according to the speaker’s office.

Police arrested 42-year-old David Depape and he will be charged with attempted homicide, assault with a deadly weapon, elder abuse and burglary, according to Scott. Depape also was taken to a hospital.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/10/28/paul-pelosi-attack-san-francisco/

To the surprise of no one, the suspect posted right wing conspiracy theories on vaccines, the 2020 election, and the Jan 6 riot. Just another person radicalized by the far right.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/politics/pelosi-attack-suspect-conspiracy-theories-invs/index.html
revelette1

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 01:06 pm
@Rebelofnj,
It's a crazy world right now, it seems as though the extremist (practically most of the Republican Party) have just gone violent and nuts. The scary thing is that a lot of 2020 election deniers/anti vaccine ECT people are in position to be part of our government running our lives if they win come midterms.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 05:02 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Well, those so-called referenda were violations of the UN Charter and international law.

Kosovar independence is equally a violation of the UN Charter and international law.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
That you support criminal attitude is not really surprising.

And rightly so. It shouldn't be a surprise. I am always in favor of fair play.

Your support for that exact same criminal attitude when it is "NATO abusing the Serbs" virtually guarantees that I will support the same thing on Russia's behalf.
oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 05:03 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Since you refer to international law and have such a high IQ - either you should know it or alternatively look it up.

I do know it. The North Kosovar Serbs have just as much right to self determination as the Kosovar Albanians do.

Congratulations! Your blatant hypocrisy has legitimized Russia's seizure of Ukrainian territory.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 05:05 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
Keep in mind that O had previously expected for President Trump to abolish NATO

While that is something that Trump might well try to do as president, I suspect that you are misunderstanding a sentence of mine that is way above your reading level.

Do you have a cite so I can see my words in their actual context?

Rebelofnj wrote:
and had wanted Putin and Russia to "help the American people to resist the Biden Administration."

Well yes. I would like to see Russia help us to do that. All non-traitors reject the Biden Administration.

I also expressed a hope that the Air Force would secretly take command of our ICBMs so they could launch them without presidential approval if necessary. And I hope that they did so. Our nation's defenses should not be hampered if Joe Biden is too much of a coward to fight a nuclear war.

I'd still like to see the Republicans start off 2023 by impeaching Barack Obama, but impeaching Joe Biden should be the second item on their agenda.

Rebelofnj wrote:
O is not exactly an authority on global relations and diplomacy.

It is typical of you to resort to logical fallacies like criticizing a person instead of criticizing their argument.

But, taking a moment to address your logical fallacy, you cannot point out any errors in my understanding of global relations.

As for diplomacy... meh. That's never been my thing.
snood

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 05:32 pm
@oralloy,
How would they go about impeaching private citizen Barack Obama?
Lash

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 05:43 pm
@Rebelofnj,
The Pelosi assailant was a lefty. A Green Party voter. A nudist activist. A Berkeley commune-living, hemp clothing maker. Also, a little mentally off.
oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 05:52 pm
@Lash,
That last part was a bit redundant... Very Happy
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2022 05:53 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
How would they go about impeaching private citizen Barack Obama?

The normal way. Vote to pass articles of impeachment. Send them to the Senate for a trial and hopefully a conviction. It'd be great to see Barack Obama barred from serving any public office ever again.
hightor

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2022 03:25 am
Quote:
The Pelosi assailant was a lefty.

That seems like a stretch...

Quote:
On a WordPress blog, Depape ranted about censorship by the “elites” and “ruling class.” He also appears to have a website that reads “da Jews.” Sixteen hours ago, he posted the headline, “Why Colleges are becoming Cults.” He ranted about movies, writing, “The critics are f****** commie gate keepers. They love the sh******* movies ever as long as those movies are sh**** because they where…” You can read more about the suspect’s writings later in this article.

Some of his posts referred to former President Donald Trump. “Either Q is Trump himself or Q is the deepstate moles within Trumps inner circle. So Q/Trump sabotaged their child trafficking operations. #2 self inflicted wound. Trumps covert id or a Deep state mole? Was Q refering to this? Did Q do this? another video,” he wrote, referring to QAnon. Some videos on his website show Pelosi.

In another post, he wrote, “The more Ukrainians die NEEDLESSLY the cheaper the land will be for Jews to buy up.” His website has posts on pedophiles, aliens, COVID, Communism, Kanye West, Derek Chauvin, what he called “climate hysteria” and more. It is filled with conspiracy theories and other ramblings. He also had a Facebook page, but it was taken down.

source

Quote:
Also, a little mentally off.

Probably more than "a little".