Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

Lash

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 12:20 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Re: Lash (Post 7267073)
All you care about is Trump winning the next election.

Be gentle with her. An outcast Prophet, she walks the earth, alone.

Just seems like it here. I’m one of the few who didn’t drink the kool-aid.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 12:22 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Biden said he’d do it.
He did it.
If you would look into the whole affair a bit more and not just narrow-mindedly at one point (which is also taken out of context and out of time), then even you would get a slightly different picture. But that is asking too much.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 12:27 pm
It is true that the pipelines were not particularly protected and were not constantly monitored. Nevertheless, a blasting is not quite trivial, because the pipes are very robust with a steel thickness of 4 centimetres and due to their massive concrete protection. At the site of the detected leaks, the pipes are located at a depth of 70 to 80 metres. This depth can be reached by well-equipped divers. However, their base boat could have been easily detected. The pipeline is too deep for amateur divers.

The Baltic Sea is one of the best-monitored sea areas of all. For an external attack, submarines or even underwater drones equipped with a mechanical arm or similar device to place the explosives are more likely. Detecting submarines is a challenge. The big ones can be seen during the day. Their movements can also be tracked by acoustic signals. Mini-submarines, however, can hide well, especially when they are close to other boats. The operation could have been camouflaged, for example, with merchant ships passing the spot.

The explosive devices could have been placed a long time ago. They would have been detonated inconspicuously from a distance.

Easier and practically impossible to prevent would be detonations from inside. The country controlling a pipeline can send in devices that destroy the pipe from the inside. The pipelines are maintained anyway with a so-called "pig", a remote-controlled cleaning robot. This could easily be fitted with explosives.

Another variant is not entirely far-fetched. Russia could have integrated the explosives during construction. As it were, as "shutdown devices for emergencies" - similar to the way destruction mechanisms are prepared on important bridges. The pipeline operator could then detonate the detonators remotely.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 12:33 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Lash wrote:
Biden said he’d do it.
He did it.
If you would look into the whole affair a bit more and not just narrow-mindedly at one point (which is also taken out of context and out of time), then even you would get a slightly different picture. But that is asking too much.

I’d be glad to listen to your pertinent points on who sabotaged the pipeline and why.
engineer

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 12:37 pm
@Lash,
I posted this on the Putin War thread, but since it's come up here...
engineer wrote:
Read an interesting article on Russia's end game. The idea was the Putin knows he is in trouble, so his plan is to annex parts of Ukraine so he can claim victory, then ask Ukraine to negotiate a peace given the reality that Russia has annexed part of Ukraine while at the same time, threatening France and Germany by showing that critical, transoceanic infrastructure can be destroyed by Russia and Russia can make Europe pay if peace doesn't come. The article pointed out that much of the world's financial data is transferred through privately owned fiber optics lines under the ocean and it would be a simple matter for Russia to destroy those lines. They are almost impossible to guard since they span thousands of miles. They are well mapped out and Russia knows where all of them are. I think this would be a solid idea except for China. China would not be happy if anything throws a serious wrench into the global system since China is a big part of that system. Same with Putin's nuclear threats. I can see China saying, "invade Ukraine all you want, but if you use nukes, we will turn on you."

Note that Putin has already said Ukraine should come to the table and negotiate peace given but the annexations are not negotiable.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 12:44 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I’d be glad to listen to your pertinent points on who sabotaged the pipeline and why.
The investigations have only just begun, and I am not a member of the commission of inquiry.

But I posted earlier how it could have been done.

Whoever did it, panic on the markets and fear among us Germans was stirred up. And the necessary changes for climate protection are almost forgotten.

Moreover, the extreme right but also the extreme left is becoming even louder than before.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 12:52 pm
@engineer,
One more point as to why Russia would hit those pipelines - they need a game changer. Ukraine is winning. They are advancing along two fronts and Russian troops are falling back, mostly in good order, but falling back none the less. Ukraine and the West do not need a game changer. They are unified, they are winning, they should be happy with the current situation. Russia desperately needs a change of some sort. Hitting that pipeline throws a kink into the system. It generates alarm in otherwise content European nations. It is clearly not in the Ukrainian or US benefit to rock the boat.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 01:20 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
THIS is really what you want to say about this?

I'd really rather be talking about other things, believe me.
Quote:
We see Biden saying he’d end the pipeline if Russia invaded.

But that's just what I mean about people, like Builder, who claim that Biden doesn't know how to tie his shoes yet suddenly parse every word he said publicly eight months ago and come to the conclusion that he leveled a direct threat to destroy the pipelines. "Nord Stream" can also refer to the commercial agreement between Russia and Germany, not just the physical pipelines.
CNBC wrote:
"In light of the most recent developments we must reassess the situation in particular regarding Nord Stream 2," Scholz said at a news conference.

Scholz said he'd asked the German Economy Ministry to take steps "to make sure that this pipeline cannot be certified at this point in time, and without this certification Nord Stream 2 cannot operate."

source

Id est, Nord Stream 2 was ended before Russia even invaded Ukraine.

Quote:
Russia suffers a loss due to the sabotage.

Europe suffers too – and, given the massive amount of methane released, the entire global community suffers as well.

Quote:
But, Builder…

And people, like Builder, who pretend they actually know what happened based on an ambiguous statement made by someone they believe is senile and then use the statements of pro-Russian commentators as justification for their conclusions.

Unlike some people, people like Builder, I can honestly say that I don't know who sabotaged the pipeline, and that arguments can be made to implicate various parties on either side of the conflict. If convincing evidence is discovered and released I may come to a solid conclusion but I have no reason as yet to do so.

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 01:28 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
But, Builder…

And people, like Builder, who pretend they actually know what happened based on an ambiguous statement made by someone they believe is senile and then use the statements of pro-Russian commentators as justification for their conclusions.

Unlike some people, people like Builder, I can honestly say that I don't know who sabotaged the pipeline, and that arguments can be made to implicate various parties on either side of the conflict. If convincing evidence is discovered and released I may come to a solid conclusion but I have no reason as yet to do so.

I was hoping to hear something like that from someone in this discussion.

Glad it was you, Hightor.

Allow me to agree...totally.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 01:37 pm
During 26 September 2022, both Nord Stream 1 pipeline strings and one of the two Nord Stream 2 pipeline strings near Bornholm leaked due to several explosions.

Nord Stream 1 was commissioned in November 2011 and worked from then until the end of August this year.
On 22 February 2022, the certification procedure for the Nord Stream 2 Baltic Sea pipeline was stopped. Nord Stream 2 AG has laid off its entire workforce as of 1 March 2022.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 02:32 pm
@hightor,
Quote:

A tad scandalous that this even needs to be said.

(And, of course, we won't really get the definitive set of facts here until they're revealed by Tulsi Gabbard on Tucker Carlson's show).
hightor

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 02:41 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
(And, of course, we won't really get the definitive set of facts here until they're revealed by Tulsi Gabbard on Tucker Carlson's show).

Yes, they sure did us all a service when they exposed the US bio-weapons labs in Ukraine. I threw up my Kool-Aid when I learned about that.
blatham

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 02:51 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
I threw up my Kool-Aid when I learned about that.

Such a waste. It's the most precious of all our bodily fluids.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 02:58 pm
The sabotaging of the pipelines serves both Putin and the US' purposes. For Putin, he had already stopped the flow of gas early in September claiming equipment issues and their required maintenance, and that the shutoff would be indefinite in an attempt to punish Western Europe for its support of Ukraine against Putin's invasion. Severing the line would make the shutoff permanent. Putin had already cut the flow of gas to 20% of capacity in June. This corresponded to G7 countries placing a cap on Russian oil, and Putin's threat to ban oil exports to these countries. For the US the cutoff would ensure that Putin wouldn't have gas as a motivating factor against Western Europe to end its support of Ukraine. Putin no longer has that carrot to dangle before Western Europe. Russian oil is Putin's principle trump though, and it would be interesting to see what develops with that.
revelette1

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 05:43 pm
@InfraBlue,
What effect will OPEC and other oil producers deciding to cut oil production have on all of this, other than raising gas prices even further?

OPEC+ Oil Production Slash Exposes Limits of Biden's Pressure on MBS, Putin
Lash

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 05:45 pm
@InfraBlue,
He really needed that money.
Lash

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 05:46 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
I threw up my Kool-Aid when I learned about that.

Such a waste. It's the most precious of all our bodily fluids.

Certainly appears so.
Builder

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 06:12 pm
@hightor,
Quote:

Biden reads okay; sometimes. Not often, though. Is on the record asking "Nance" if it's okay to answer some questions. Remember?

And you think he wasn't put in the job for this very reason?
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 06:22 pm
@Lash,
P. O. E.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 08:31 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

All you care about is Trump winning the next election.

No matter what the cost.

So, this isn’t at all, for you, about truth and what is happening across the world stage, it’s about partisan politics in America.

This is bigger than Donald Trump. A country is positioning for global domination.