Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 05:16 am
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:

Been a few videos of Patriot Front training shared on Twitter lately. Wondering if the ability of the US to breed losers of this magnitude is a new phenomenon, or if they've been waiting in the shadows for the likes of Trump to legitimize their particular brand of stupidity?

I suspect they have been lurking in the background for a long while. Trump HAS brought them out of hiding.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 05:21 am
@snood,

I certainly hope they do indict him...and I hope he gets a fair trial.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 06:50 am
https://claytoonz.files.wordpress.com/2022/09/cjonesrgb09062022.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 07:00 am
https://i.imgur.com/gMOuFIB.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 07:20 am
@Frank Apisa,
Exactly, I want him to have the fairest, most unappealable trial ever.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 07:30 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Exactly, I want him to have the fairest, most unappealable trial ever.

Yup.

Then I want him hung! (Just kidding, I think.)

I suspect Trump will never see the inside of a prison as a prisoner. I suspect if he is found guilty of any crimes for which a prison sentence is appropriate, that he will be given a strict house arrest...by which I mean, he will be confined to his house with no access to the outside without a court approval.

ABSOLUTELY NO GOLF...or tennis...or speeches...or vacations.

And I figure that the sentencing judge will require that the "house" not be a mansion or penthouse.

Also, there might be conditions placed on any pardons that might be considered by a future president...if such a condition could meet SCOTUS approval.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 07:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
But we are keeping hanging on the table, right?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 08:14 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I suspect Trump will never see the inside of a prison as a prisoner. I suspect if he is found guilty of any crimes for which a prison sentence is appropriate, that he will be given a strict house arrest...by which I mean, he will be confined to his house with no access to the outside without a court approval.

And I figure that the sentencing judge will require that the "house" not be a mansion or penthouse.

Also, there might be conditions placed on any pardons that might be considered by a future president...if such a condition could meet SCOTUS approval.

That’s a pretty detailed scenario, Frank.
And I get why you’d think he wasn’t going to prison, etc., etc.

But just as a mental exercise, answer me this:

What the **** had Donald Trump ever done to earn him anything but the harshest sentences possible for whatever he’s convicted of?

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 08:36 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

That’s a pretty detailed scenario, Frank.
And I get why you’d think he wasn’t going to prison, etc., etc.

But just as a mental exercise, answer me this:

What the **** had Donald Trump ever done to earn him anything but the harshest sentences possible for whatever he’s convicted of?

Absolutely nothing except to have once won the presidency, Snood.

I think the fact that he was president should play NO PART WHATSOEVER in any punishment meted out, but I SUSPECT it will play a part.

I hope not. I'd love to see him perp walked...and even more love to see him in coveralls the same color as his face most of the time.

We'll see.

I say he will be indicted...and tried. I will accept whatever a jury finds...and will accept whatever a judge pronounces as a sentence. I may not love it; I may not like it; I may hate it...but I will accept it.
snood

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 10:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I say he will be indicted...and tried. I will accept whatever a jury finds...and will accept whatever a judge pronounces as a sentence. I may not love it; I may not like it; I may hate it...but I will accept it.

To avoid winding up babbling to myself in a rubber room, I get that it would be a good idea to settle in my heart to accept the outcome of a fairly conducted trial.

But if, after all we’ve seen, he’s tried and not convicted of anything… to me it will be worse than if they just came up with some obscure bullshit reason why he can’t even be arrested.
hightor

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 10:49 am
The MSNBC host said it was "not normal" how former U.S. presidents seem to have "some kind of a blanket immunity from prosecution."

Quote:
"No former president...has ever been charged with a criminal offense. That may seem normal to you, it is not normal everywhere else in the world. Former leaders...across the globe are being prosecuted and imprisoned all the time."

My @MSNBC monologue:pic.twitter.com/vsodlM94qA
— Mehdi Hasan (@mehdirhasan) September 5, 2022
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 10:56 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

To avoid winding up babbling to myself in a rubber room, I get that it would be a good idea to settle in my heart to accept the outcome of a fairly conducted trial.

But if, after all we’ve seen, he’s tried and not convicted of anything… to me it will be worse than if they just came up with some obscure bullshit reason why he can’t even be arrested.

Yeah, I get what you are saying.

I think he will be indicted, tried, and found guilty. The thing that seems most unsettling to me is the punishment. Fact is, the punishment is as integral to the solution to this problem as are the indictment, trial, and finding.

This disgusting traitor deserves the harshest sentence possible...WITHOUT CONSIDERATION OF WHAT IT WILL PROMPT HIS FOLLOWERS TO DO.

Jury is still out on how that will be handled though.

Tough to counsel patience on this. I, myself, am running out of patience.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 10:58 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

The MSNBC host said it was "not normal" how former U.S. presidents seem to have "some kind of a blanket immunity from prosecution."

Quote:
"No former president...has ever been charged with a criminal offense. That may seem normal to you, it is not normal everywhere else in the world. Former leaders...across the globe are being prosecuted and imprisoned all the time."

My @MSNBC monologue:pic.twitter.com/vsodlM94qA
— Mehdi Hasan (@mehdirhasan) September 5, 2022

Good point, Mehdi Hasan is making. He does not hide his feelings on anything.
BillW

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 11:17 am
If Donald is tried, I assume he will want a jury trial. I believe there will be one or probably more Trump jurists. Because of this, I doubt he will ever be convicted!
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 11:19 am
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

If Donald is tried, I assume he will want a jury trial. I believe there will be one or probably more Trump jurists. Because of this, I doubt he will ever be convicted!

That is something troubling to consider.

But I intend to accept whatever happens in a trial, if it goes to a trial.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 11:28 am
@Frank Apisa,
The divine right of kings (If a person enters the kingdom of God, he has certain rights that no earthly community can take away from him) was quite popular in (European) monarchies until the 19th century > „l’état c’est moi“.

But nowadays, such things are done by constitutional amendment or with laws: Putin, for example, signed a law that gives former Russian heads of state lifelong immunity from prosecution.
Although former presidents in Russia can still be stripped of immunity under the new law if they are accused of treason or other serious crimes, Russian ex-presidents have a lifetime right to a seat in the Senate or the powerful Federation Council. Both positions come with protection from prosecution.

0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 11:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, I remember seeing a movie many, many years ago where the main emphasis was on a trial where upon everyone, including the audience knew the person on trial was guilty. One person on the jury found the defendant not guilty. The judge ordered the jury to try again to reach a unified conclusion - 2 or 3 times, without the intended result.

The judge finally accepted the juries result and proclaimed he would insure the one jurist that voted not guilty would never sit on a jury again. I don't think this is possible because I think the vote and the Judge is blind to who decided what; but, the movies point intended was made.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 11:38 am
I propose we try to get Trump to move to Russia with imprisonment for life if he ever sets foot on US soil again.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 11:39 am
Judge Grants Trump’s Request for Special Master to Review Mar-a-Lago Documents

I don't get this. Is it just a delaying tactic?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2022 11:57 am
My thanks to Walter and Bill W.

Things are afoot.

We'll see where all this leads.

I still fear for our Republic because of this classless, clueless person, Trump, who took over one of the two major political parties.
0 Replies