Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 09:44 am
@hightor,
What's this "somebody" nonsense?

At any rate, setting aside the fact that we can't trust anything that comes from the BBC (you should see the way those scumbags lied about Amanda Knox), if Mr. Trump's efforts fell short of some arbitrary goal, that doesn't mean that he didn't do a good job.
engineer

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 10:06 am
@hightor,
I don't think that anyone would consider the Trump administration did a good job on vaccine release. They promised 20 million doses by the end of 2020 and delivered 3 million. They promised 1 million doses a day starting in January and the best they did on their last day in office (Jan 20) was 900k. There was complete confusion between the feds and the states. Often the states were getting incorrect information from the feds and and the feds were telling the states there are vaccines, handle it.

So how much credit can Biden take? I mean, Biden promised 1 million a day and he's been hitting that, but it was 900k when he took office and we were already going up the learning curve. I think the Biden administration gets good marks for improving communication with the states, there are daily meetings now and three week planning tools so states know what is coming. I think Biden gets good marks for using the bully pulpit to try to get the country on the same page instead of the schizophrenic messages between government officials and health officials. Overall, I think he's done well, I never expected miracles.
oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 10:19 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
I don't think that anyone would consider the Trump administration did a good job on vaccine release.

I would.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 11:08 am
@oralloy,
the voting population doesn't think he did a good job. that's one of the reasons he isn't president anymore.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 11:31 am
On my news progams I get one Biden story for 3 to Trump. Murdoch is already pushing Trump for 2024 like he did in 2016. Keep Trump in the public awareness by constantly posting the lying shyt he spouts daily,
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 12:16 pm
somebody wrote:
I would.

Sure he would — based on his own criteria:
somebody wrote:
All my friends and relatives over age 65 got vaccinations in January thanks to Mr. Trump.

This is called "anecdotal evidence". He cherry picks facts that appear to support his opinion from a very small, statistically insignificant number of people and provides no corroborating proof whatsoever — and expects us to believe not only his story but to assume that his tale represents the experience of everyone, nationwide.
Below viewing threshold (view)
hightor

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 12:28 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
So how much credit can Biden take? ...but it was 900k when he took office and we were already going up the learning curve.

That's a good point. Focusing exclusively on numbers doesn't provide a complete picture.
Quote:
I think Biden gets good marks for using the bully pulpit to try to get the country on the same page instead of the schizophrenic messages between government officials and health officials.

I agree.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 02:45 pm
@oralloy,
His first month is doing just fine. trump spent four years raging chaotically and flailing around and losing elections. that's why he isn't president and why he'll lose again if he runs in 2024. the majority have never wanted him, and his cult-like adherents aren't enough for him to win.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 02:50 pm
@oralloy,
some states get more vaccine than others did. MI may have, MA didn't and we still can't do over 65s. check the vaccine rates. biden is doing much better than trump. TrumpHe always bloviated and cooked his statistics, i,e, lied about them.he always did.
oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 08:56 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
This is called "anecdotal evidence". He cherry picks facts that appear to support his opinion from a very small, statistically insignificant number of people and provides no corroborating proof whatsoever -- and expects us to believe not only his story but to assume that his tale represents the experience of everyone, nationwide.

I agree that my personal experiences are anecdotal. That does not make them cherry picking however.

I do not expect anyone to believe that my personal experiences represent everyone in the nation.

I do expect people to believe that I am telling the truth about my personal experiences.

I do not plan to provide proof that would allow progressives to personally identify me and lynch me.
oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 08:58 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
You're right, the statement somebody posted was nonsense.

My statement is not nonsense, and it is dishonorable of you to pretend that I said it was.

hightor wrote:
See, I'm really not interested in engaging in a tete a tete with you, I'm only interested in exposing your fallacious reasoning and drawing the attention of others to the defects in your predictably repetitive responses.

That will be an impossible task. No such fallacies or defects.

hightor wrote:
You needn't bother to address my points; I suggest you ignore them.

Unless I agree with the validity of the challenge, I choose to defend my points when they are challenged.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 09:01 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
His first month is doing just fine.

Not really. At least one of his nominees is going down in flames because he picked a leftist extremist instead of a decent moderate. It's the OMB pick if I recall the news correctly (but I was only half paying attention so I could be misremembering which position).

On the legislation front things are extremely dire. Nearly everything that Mr. Biden has proposed is already DOA.

MontereyJack wrote:
trump spent four years raging chaotically and flailing around

Mr. Trump was being lynched. Mr. Biden will be in the same boat once he gets impeached a few times.

MontereyJack wrote:
that's why he isn't president and why he'll lose again if he runs in 2024. the majority have never wanted him, and his cult-like adherents aren't enough for him to win.

Mr. Trump will win easily after four years of Biden failure.
oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 09:03 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
some states get more vaccine than others did. MI may have, MA didn't and we still can't do over 65s.

Michigan is still doing people over age 65. I didn't mean to say we got them all done in January, just that they were moving right along in January.

We might have them all done by the end of March however.

MontereyJack wrote:
check the vaccine rates. biden is doing much better than trump.

I doubt that.

MontereyJack wrote:
TrumpHe always bloviated and cooked his statistics, i,e, lied about them.he always did.

Mr. Trump was telling the truth. I can testify that there were vaccines flowing in January.

I believe there were plenty of vaccines flowing to nursing homes in December. However, I do not have any friends or relatives in a nursing home so don't have any experience with that to report.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 11:05 pm
@oralloy,
amy cooper and the far right violent mob that stormed the capitol are the ones who want to actually lynch people, by their own words. Not progressives. Just another wack foul canard, but what else can you expect from trump-lovers.
snood

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 11:24 pm
This post has been reported to moderators
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 11:47 pm
@oralloy,
Right. Just like your prediction of 8 years of trump and 20 years of republican hegemony before any democrats were ever elected and then only if they became republican clones, fell sixteen years short. your crystal ball is actually solid granite. like conservative heads.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 11:50 pm
another nutball weighs in worthlessly.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2021 11:56 pm
sheer lunacy. biden does not support pedophilia, but the extreme right seems totally hung up on it, just another Qanon disinformation campaign.
BillW

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 12:05 am
@MontereyJack,
MJ, it is funny how theRump did provide under age girls from his foreign modeling agency - supplying girls to Giuliani, Bannon, Epstein and others......... I hear he thinks it is okay because he didn't charge, go figure?