Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 02:42 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
I mean, even if Ken Starr had been a saint in matters of infidelity, that whole business of nailing Clinton for lying about a blowjob was still sleazy and lowdown.

Why do Democrats whine so piteously when Republicans use their own tactics against them?

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 02:43 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
So Ken Starr engaged, while married, in a sexual relationship with another woman.

How is that any of your business?

blatham wrote:
But his hypocrisy and deceits are actually much worse than just this matter.

I doubt that you can demonstrate any hypocrisy on his part.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 03:30 am
Quote:
BLM stands for allowing black people to rape and murder white people.

I think the real issue, is the disparity in arrests and incarcerations with afro-americans.

You wouldn't get so much angst, if the people weren't regularly treated like slaves or criminals.
oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 03:43 am
@Builder,
Unjust disparity (where innocent people are treated like criminals) is certainly wrong if it exists.

Just disparity (where criminals are treated like criminals) is proper.
snood

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 03:46 am
@oralloy,
Have you seen anything that tells you there is a disparity in how law enforcement treats black people?
oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 03:54 am
@snood,
No. I have not seen anything that tells me that.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 06:38 am
utterly and undeniably false and racist and reminiscent of the worst rhetoric of the lynch mobs of the 30s and 4os. .can someone get more disgusting. if it';s oralloy, probably yes.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 06:46 am
@oralloy,
then you must have gone blind.
snood

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 07:04 am
@MontereyJack,
It’s willful blindness. If it was simply a matter of being misinformed, that’s something that could be corrected. But someone that simply chooses not to see? He’ll carry that to his grave.
blatham

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 07:57 am
@snood,
Quote:
But why is that relevant? If he was not a sleazoid, would that make the actions he’s known for any less sleazy?

Does the degree of the depths of his depravity or hypocrisy have any more relevance than tabloid fodder?

Yes, I think so. Sleaziness isn't an on/off switch. Magnitude is the salient aspect. You and I may have concluded long ago that the fellow is a bottom-feeder whose activities in the political sphere have hurt democracy but surely further credible evidence of his moral turpitude and dishonesty ought to be shared as widely as possible.
hightor

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 08:34 am
@blatham,
snood wrote:
Does the degree of the depths of his depravity or hypocrisy have any more relevance than tabloid fodder?

It sort of interesting how many scandals Starr's been involved with (not in). All the way back to Packwood. The guy's made a good living off of tabloid fodder.

And of course, the other thing is that he purports to be such a high-minded exemplar of moral rectitude...I think many USAmericans are more likely to forgive a crooked politician who's motivated by greed than a lying lawyer driven by lust.
oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 08:50 am
@hightor,
There is nothing that he even needs to be forgiven for.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 08:56 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Magnitude is the salient aspect. You and I may have concluded long ago that the fellow is a bottom-feeder whose activities in the political sphere have hurt democracy but surely further credible evidence of his moral turpitude and dishonesty ought to be shared as widely as possible.

Progressives are silly. No one cares if he had an affair.

The way progressives always equate “democracy” with “getting their own way” demonstrates everything that is wrong with progressivism.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 08:59 am
@hightor,
You kind of make my point when you talk about who the public might be more willing to forgive.
All we’re really doing is participating in a kind of sensationalism popularity derby. All that’s accomplished by it is seeing how big a crowd we can get to wag their fingers.

Now if this kind of “reporting” can keep someone like Starr from being appointed as a special prosecutor, or get Matt Gaetz thrown out of Congress, or make the difference in getting an impeached president prosecuted and removed - put me on the mailing list.

I’ll gladly join in agreeing about how turrible the lecherous old hypocrites are.

But it won’t. All it does is provide water cooler gossip and give people a sense of being on moral high ground for a moment. In other words, nothing.
oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 09:04 am
@snood,
There is plenty of hypocrisy here.

But it’s all coming from you, not from Mr. Starr.

After all your false accusations that Mr. Clinton was impeached for lying about a blow job, and all your phony outrage related to your false accusations, now you turn around and say that you would be fine with sex scandals keeping people out of office if you disagree with those particular people.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 09:05 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
It's willful blindness. If it was simply a matter of being misinformed, that's something that could be corrected. But someone that simply chooses not to see? He'll carry that to his grave.

I know progressives are goofy, but “seeing the world as it actually is” is hardly blindness.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 09:22 am
@snood,
Quote:

Now if this kind of “reporting” can keep someone like Starr from being appointed as a special prosecutor...

Were it the case while he was being considered for the position of lead Whitewater prosecutor it very well might have. But the public, on its own, can't block appointments, throw people out of Congress, or impeach a president. When a public figure is shown to be dishonest, corrupt, or in this case, hypocritical and sleazy, and this registers in the opinion polls, it makes it for erstwhile supporters to jump ship, and if he loses popular support this makes his removal and prosecution easier.
Quote:
But it won’t.

But it has. Anthony Weiner, for example. Bob Livingston. Gary Condit.
oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 09:25 am
@hightor,
So far the only hypocrisy associated with this event has been Snood's hypocrisy.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 09:28 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
utterly and undeniably false and racist and reminiscent of the worst rhetoric of the lynch mobs of the 30s and 4os. .can someone get more disgusting. if it's oralloy, probably yes.

Wrong again. Everything that I said is true.

Progressives look even goofier than usual when they falsely accuse everyone of racism.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 10:24 am
@hightor,
Touché, sir. You have a good point.
0 Replies