Understood.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2021 05:49 am

https://iili.io/Ans3gV.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2021 08:11 am
One thing keeping Trumpism alive, people won't quit talking about him and giving him millions of dollars worth of free publicity. The same mistake that got him elected.
engineer

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2021 08:28 am
@edgarblythe,
Nah, Trumpism is more that Trump. It is about the authoritarian impulse, privilege and the fear of losing it, rage against the other and those willing to stoke it for gain. Long after Trump is gone, Trumpism will remain just with different leaders.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2021 08:30 am
@engineer,
You are right except that the focus on him allows momentum for him if he actually does run again.
blatham

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 01:31 pm
So Ken Starr engaged, while married, in a sexual relationship with another woman. But his hypocrisy and deceits are actually much worse than just this matter. Read here
hightor

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 01:44 pm
@blatham,
“Let all the poison that lurks in the mud, hatch out.”
― Robert Graves, quote from I, Claudius
glitterbag

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 01:54 pm
@blatham,
Ken Starr, phooey!!! I hope to never hear his name again, the sleazy bastarge. Yes, it's misspelled, I'm trying to cut back on the blue language.
hightor

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 02:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
You are right except that the focus on him allows momentum for him if he actually does run again.

There is such a thing as overexposure, especially with someone as pathetically shallow as Trump. You never know if it will kick in, but when it does it's lethal.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 02:19 pm
@hightor,
Explain it to Hillary.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 02:24 pm
I don’t find any kind of vindication - finding out that the fool who ran the blowjob witch hunt on Clinton was not morally perfect.

I mean, would you see the witch hunt as a legitimate, good faith legal inquiry if it had been run by someone pure as the driven snow (also keeping in mind that no such person exists)?

I mean, even if Ken Starr had been a saint in matters of infidelity, that whole business of nailing Clinton for lying about a blowjob was still sleazy and lowdown.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 02:44 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I don’t find any kind of vindication - finding out that the fool who ran the blowjob witch hunt on Clinton was not morally perfect.

I mean, would you see the witch hunt as a legitimate, good faith legal inquiry if it had been run by someone pure as the driven snow (also keeping in mind that no such person exists)?

I mean, even if Ken Starr had been a saint in matters of infidelity, that whole business of nailing Clinton for lying about a blowjob was still sleazy and lowdown.

AMEN!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 02:45 pm
The Benghazi investigations crap was a purely political smear job. But it helped give many voters a worse impression of Clinton than they might have already had. Other Politicians, like Reagan and the 600 dead marines in Lebanon I think it was get scarcely a notice. My own criticisms of Hillary have never been based on Benghazi in any way shape or form.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 02:59 pm
@glitterbag,
That was an unfortunate choice of phrase.

Now I’ve got “No. 1 Super Guy” going through my head.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 04:46 pm
@hightor,
There's a perfect reference.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 04:49 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Sure. But this expose on him makes clear just how sleazy he is.
snood

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 05:11 pm
@blatham,
But why is that relevant? If he was not a sleazoid, would that make the actions he’s known for any less sleazy?

Does the degree of the depths of his depravity or hypocrisy have any more relevance than tabloid fodder?
oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 02:39 am
@snood,
Good grief. Lot's of people have affairs. "Depravity" is a bit strong.

Having an affair does not make him a hypocrite.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 02:40 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
But this expose on him makes clear just how sleazy he is.

In other words, not sleazy in any way at all.
0 Replies