Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

goldberg

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 08:26 pm
Guys, you know why lots of foreigners don't even look up to America or even make a mockery of liberals' strident calls to embrace multilateralism again? Let me tell you the answer. There is no such thing called multilateralism. Every nation is selfish; it only cares about its own national interests. Small nations only bring multilateralism up when they find themselves threatened by America's adversaries.

That's why Trump's America First policy would have won a cult following in France, Germany, and even Japan. A president in America has the obligation to protect his own American fellows, not foreigners.

There is no need to play the role of the so-called world cop in this scrape-ridden world. What Biden has to do is make America stronger and Americans live better; just let those amoral foreign leaders slum it out and destroy each other.

You only have to act when terrorists try to attack America's military bases. otherwise, stay away from most toe-curling foreign leaders, particularly Muslim believers in the Middle East.

Sorry for talking like a naysayer. I think our earth is headed toward perdition no matter what you try to do to seek redress. America would do well to only care about its own citizens because they are AMERICANS.
goldberg

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 08:43 pm
@goldberg,
just let those amoral foreign leaders slug it out and destroy each other.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 08:57 pm
Actually , every nation and its president should only care about its own citizens on many issues. Mickael Jackson once sang a famous song called We Are the World. Well, we are not, Michael Jackson. BLM 's efforts to pit black people against non-black people have dashed such illusions.

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 10:24 pm
@goldberg,
the millions of white folks who marched iu n solidarity with BLM against systemic racism last summer think you probably should shut up about things yiu don't have a clue about.
goldberg

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 10:33 pm
@MontereyJack,
Jack, it's time for you to come of age. Didn't I tell you most white folks didn't plump for BLM then?; they-most of them are liberals- just hated Trump. If you still can't figure this out, then I have to say that you must have been hornswoggled by CNN.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 10:38 pm
Do you really think the Democratic Party is going to find a black presidential candidate in the next presidential election? You are meshuga if you think like this.
goldberg

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 10:43 pm
You need to be willing to find your own cultural roots if you are black. It would be otiose to coerce non-black people to think like you. That's not gonna happen. White people have their own values. Asian Americans have their own values. Latinos have their own values.

BLM just stands for itself.
goldberg

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 10:46 pm
Some black men and women are gullible , I suppose. BLM is just a campaign designed to serve two purposes: it's used to promote black nationalism by fans of Black Panther and even Nation of Islam and anti-Trumpism by liberals.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 10:47 pm
@goldberg,
we found one in 2008 and 2012 and the republican party commited itself to opposing everything he tried to do from day 1, which is why obama is far higher in the country's estimation than w or trump are. and i don't see the gop ever likely to produce one.
goldberg

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 10:50 pm
That's not the original goal of BLM when it took roots when Obama was still the president.
MontereyJack

@goldberg,
blacks. whites, latinx, and asians all share American values (well, some whites do). you don't seem to.
glitterbag

@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:

Do you really think the Democratic Party is going to find a black presidential candidate in the next presidential election? You are meshuga if you think like this.

Have you ever been tethered even by a teensy tiny strand of hair to an iota of reality????
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 10:51 pm
@goldberg,
sure was. blm stands for justice for all. equal justice for all.
goldberg

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 10:53 pm
@MontereyJack,
Jack, please ask most white and Asian Americans. Just ask them do they think highly of Obama. You could also ask Latino voters. Black people only represent black people, got it?
glitterbag

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 10:55 pm
@MontereyJack,
I don't think he is a US citizen, but he does a poor job of trying to express himself as a person from another English speaking country, so maybe he is.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 10:57 pm
@goldberg,
yes the y do rank obama highly. black people have been denied equal justice for four hundred years. It's been worse, but it's still not a reallity.
goldberg

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 11:00 pm
@MontereyJack,
Yeah. Black people should stick for black rights. Problem is, you can't deviate from its original goal. Now it seems to have become a political tool. Consider this: what if millions of Asian Americans also take to the streets and declaim against racial discrimination. They could also proclaim Asian Lives Matter. What about Latino voters? They could also come out and say Latino Lives Matter. What about white Americans? Actually, some white activists also say White Lives Matter.

There will be no solution to racial issues if you find America becoming embroiled in another Civil War.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 11:05 pm
@MontereyJack,
But you are not going to win this culture war by using violence, in the words of Martin Luther King . The Harlem Renaissance is much better than BLM.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 11:12 pm
Actually, I'm still broad-minded. I'm no fan of provincial thinking like some progressives here. That's why I still read The far-left New Statesman even its journalists love to talk blarney. Some American journalists even write for this British publication.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 11:14 pm
I also read the conservative Spectator. Hooooo
0 Replies