Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 11:34 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
At least CNN, MSNBC, and the Guardian aren't trying to undermine the effort to get as many citizens vaccinated as possible.

Whatever they are doing, they've earned the same credibility rating as Fox News.

https://i2.wp.com/mediabiasfactcheck.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/MBFCMixed.png
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/fox-news-bias/
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/left/cnn-bias/
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/msnbc/
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-guardian/
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 11:34 am
@oralloy,
Fox is far worse
They are r only going for ratings and ad bucks with lurid sensationalism with little respect for actual fact or trurh.
oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 11:35 am
@MontereyJack,
Wrong. Fox has exactly the same credibility rating.
hightor

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 11:37 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Fox has exactly the same credibility rating.

As a whole, yes. However, individual correspondents on all those platforms may have more or less credibility than the aggregated network or media outlet.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 11:40 am
@oralloy,
Read beyond the one word summary. Fox zachievex the impossible. By actual test their viewers knew less about the world after viewingffox than they did before viewing.
hightor

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 11:40 am
@oralloy,
Then you accept the legitimacy of Media Bias/Fact Check...that's good to know.
oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 11:42 am
@hightor,
It depends. I know for a fact that BBC is far worse than they claim. So they aren't perfect. But in general they are good.

I also like that other place that puts all the various media outlets on one big graph. I don't recall their name at the moment.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 11:44 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
By actual test their viewers knew less about the world after viewing fox than they did before viewing.

Likely a biased test.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 11:44 am
Fox is an unfit broadcaster, it lost its licence.

Russian News is more reliable, it’s still got its.

If knives and cars are just as good at killing people why does the NRA go about guns all the time.

They don’t even believe their own arguments yet expect us to.

Many NRA members are totally spineless, Oralloy is too scared to leave the house without being heavily armed and wearing adult diapers.

And that’s just to go to the shops.

Imagine being so enslaved by terror that you’re unable to function without being armed at all times.

Why does anyone pay such spineless creatures any attention at all?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 11:47 am
@oralloy,
ReD the whole suresults not just the one word summary. You caget it 98 o 2 rust or w right and 98 wrong and bith
Both are mixed. Fox is far closer to the 2-98 ÷end of things.
oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 11:49 am
@MontereyJack,
So in other words they all have the same credibility rating.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 11:50 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
As a whole, yes. However, individual correspondents on all those platforms may have more or less credibility than the aggregated network or media outlet.

That may well be. I've never seen anyone rate individual journalists before.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 11:51 am
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:
I just think scientists have to make sure such vaccines are effective.

This has already been done. It was done before the vaccines were ever rolled out to the public.

goldberg wrote:
Some people even suggest that heavy hitters will be able to use better vaccines produced by a German company called BioNTech. . I'm not sure if it's true.

BioNTech is a partner to Pfizer. When people refer to BioNTech they are talking of the Pfizer vaccine.

It is a very good vaccine. There are others that are just as good.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 11:52 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
At no time has it been claimed that these trial jabs will give you protection from catching covid,

That is incorrect. Pfizer/Moderna/Novavax all give 95% protection against catching the original strain. They are less effective against newer strains, but still prevent the majority of vaccinated people from catching them.

Builder wrote:
Their only claim, is that it hopes to reduce the effects/symptoms of the virus, when you do come in contact with it.

Not their only claim (see above). But it is true that if you do catch the disease after vaccination, the vaccine will dramatically reduce your symptoms and prevent you from dying or being crippled for life.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 12:11 pm
Serfs have to pay for health care.
oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 12:23 pm
@izzythepush,
Actually I think their lords take care of them.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 06:08 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
Ya know, when you post stuff like that, it makes it harder for people to pretend that it's a vaccine that will do what a vaccine does.

We (Australians) were told by our health minister Hunt, that we're "taking part in the biggest global trial of a new technology in the history of science" on national television. He also clearly stated that the jabs (they were calling them that for a while here) have been given emergency approval under pandemic laws, meaning they haven't been approved in the usual manner.

He stated that we "won't know the extent of side effects, or complications arising from them" until late in 2023.

These are not vaccinations, per se. They are mRNA jabs. We've have a total of three deaths from covid 19 in Australia in 2021, and all of them have been elderly people.

Anyone not following the narrative might be a candidate for this trial. Thinking people are saying no fkn way, Hose.
hingehead

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 07:49 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
We (Australians) were told by our health minister Hunt, that we're "taking part in the biggest global trial of a new technology in the history of science" on national television.

I can not find any citation or mention of Greg Hunt saying that - could you post a link?

Quote:
He also clearly stated that the jabs (they were calling them that for a while here) have been given emergency approval under pandemic laws, meaning they haven't been approved in the usual manner.

Also not true. See the TGA's press release on the conditional approval. Please show me the legislation that allows the TGA's processes to be suspended for vaccine approvals - here's the Fed Courts list of Covid legislation to start you off.

Quote:
He stated that we "won't know the extent of side effects, or complications arising from them" until late in 2023.

I also can't any transcript or quote of Hunt saying this - if you could send a link I'd love to see the context. The only thing coming close is his excuse on Four Corners for not contracting for more Pfizer in June/July 2020.

Quote:
These are not vaccinations, per se. They are mRNA jabs.

I would love to understand how the definition of vaccine excludes mRNA vaccines - as the CDC says:

Quote:
mRNA vaccines are a new type of vaccine to protect against infectious diseases. To trigger an immune response, many vaccines put a weakened or inactivated germ into our bodies. Not mRNA vaccines. Instead, they teach our cells how to make a protein—or even just a piece of a protein—that triggers an immune response inside our bodies. That immune response, which produces antibodies, is what protects us from getting infected if the real virus enters our bodies.
Source

Quote:
We've have a total of three deaths from covid 19 in Australia in 2021, and all of them have been elderly people.

Because we've kept case numbers down and our health system is not under pressure. Our case fatality rate is about 2.8 deaths per 100 cases - but with this new spike our number of deaths will go up (but hopefully our CFR will drop down to Swedish levels (1.3%) or better yet, Singapore (0.1%) source

Quote:
Anyone not following the narrative might be a candidate for this trial. Thinking people are saying no fkn way, Hose.

Thinking people can spell 'Jose' Laughing

Seriously though I would love to see the sources you're (not) citing to get a better understanding.
goldberg

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 08:25 pm
@oralloy,
Fox News still the most-watched news channel.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 08:37 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
I can not find any citation or mention of Greg Hunt saying that - could you post a link?

Ten seconds on a basic search engine. First link in the list.

Quote:
The world is engaged in the largest clinical trial, the largest global vaccination trial ever, and we will have enormous amounts of data.

These jabs have been granted provisional approval by the TGA. Here's what that means. Link here.

Quote:
Provisional approval of this vaccine is valid for two years and means it can now be legally supplied in Australia. The approval is subject to certain strict conditions, such as the requirement for AstraZeneca to continue providing information to the TGA on longer term efficacy and safety from ongoing clinical trials and post-market assessment. COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca has been shown to prevent COVID-19 however it is not yet known whether it prevents transmission or asymptomatic disease.

source

It sounds like you're going to be a willing participant, Hinge. I wish you luck.

Trial ends (along with provisional approval) late in 2023.