Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 05:54 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Just found out that we have not even made vaccinations mandatory for our Olympic athletes.
And now with less than a week before the games are supposed to begin, they're having some athletes testing positive with Covid.

I'm just trying to figure out - what the hell did they expect to happen by sending a whole bunch of unvaccinated athletes to mingle with an international group, sometimes in close quarters?

What kind of athlete would be foolish enough to jeopardize their Olympics by not being vaccinated???

Shocked
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 07:55 pm
@oralloy,
those who listen to donald trump and his coterie of vax denialists apparently. thanks a lot for killing our chances, Dumbass Donald.
oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 08:04 pm
@MontereyJack,
I didn't include the US in my a2k Fantasy Olympics roster anyway.

How come you haven't submitted a roster yet?
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 10:37 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
What kind of athlete would be foolish enough to jeopardize their Olympics by not being vaccinated???

At no time has it been claimed that these trial jabs will give you protection from catching covid, nor being an active spreader of covid. Their only claim, is that it hopes to reduce the effects/symptoms of the virus, when you do come in contact with it.

I will also add that the athletes and their entourage are spitting in a cup to be tested for covid, which begs the question of why the PCR test involves the completely invasive, and often damaging long probe shoved up the nasal passage.
Glennn

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 08:04 am
@Builder,
Ya know, when you post stuff like that, it makes it harder for people to pretend that it's a vaccine that will do what a vaccine does.

I started a thread where pretenders are confronted with such facts.

https://able2know.org/topic/557001-13#top
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 09:46 am
@Glennn,
You do know I assume that states where vax is high are getting far fewer new cases particularly delta and the new cases are virtually all from the unvaxed. Misinformatin RU.r
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 09:50 am
@Builder,
You are simply ignorant about what is claimed and the empirical effect of observed far fewer new cases where vax is high.
goldberg

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 09:54 am
@MontereyJack,
I'm going to get the jab. Well, that doesn't mean I trust such vaccines. I just have to since you are asked to do it. Local officials beseeched people to get the jab at first ; now they are getting aggressive.

0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 09:57 am
@MontereyJack,
Fauci himself is also to blame for the proliferation of covid-19. He actually funded some researchers.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 10:02 am
@goldberg,

citation, please...
goldberg

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 10:06 am
@Region Philbis,
Fox News published an article last month accusing him of colluding with a scientist who's linked to that lab. Then that female scientist was working on a project funded by taxpayers money.

That article argued that it's time for America not to work with such foreign scientists for security purposes.

I don't have the link to that article. I have read lots of articles published by Fox News over the months.

Some non-American newspapers have been talking about Fort Detrick, say, the Manila Times, which is a newspaper published in the Philippines. The Manila Times could be the mouthpiece of its president Duterte.
goldberg

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 10:17 am
Duterte is still a fence-sitter seesawing between siding with America or China,
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 10:25 am
I'm not an anti-vaxxer . I just think scientists have to make sure such vaccines are effective. Politicians just want to lance the boil in order to win support. Some people even suggest that heavy hitters will be able to use better vaccines produced by a German company called BioNTech. . I'm not sure if it's true.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 10:38 am
@goldberg,
Nonsense
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 10:59 am
@goldberg,
Quote:
Fox News
lolz

surely you can't be serious...
oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 11:02 am
@Region Philbis,
Their credibility rating is equal to MSNBC, CNN, and the Guardian.
hightor

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 11:09 am
@goldberg,
Quote:
Fox News published an article last month accusing him of colluding with a scientist who's linked to that lab. Then that female scientist was working on a project funded by taxpayers money.

Typical Fox news story – they take a few established facts, use them out of context, and manufacture a story which confirms the prejudices of their audience.

Quote:
That article argued that it's time for America not to work with such foreign scientists for security purposes.

Then they argued wrongly. There are few things more important to the public health of all countries than good communications between their research scientists.

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 11:12 am
@oralloy,
Read the whole review not just the one word summary. Fox sucks at its job.
oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 11:14 am
@MontereyJack,
It's no worse than CNN, MSNBC, and the Guardian.
hightor

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 11:23 am
@oralloy,
At least CNN, MSNBC, and the Guardian aren't trying to undermine the effort to get as many citizens vaccinated as possible.