goldberg

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 05:18 am
@oralloy,
Haaaa
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 05:20 am
@MontereyJack,
Please read 1984, Animal Farm and Brave New World.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 05:21 am
@oralloy,
and dumb is dumb
goldberg

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 05:22 am
@hightor,
But you can't deny that's what's going on in some nations, say, Cuba and North Korea.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 05:23 am
@oralloy,
blahblah
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 05:34 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
and dumb is dumb

Progressivism is a pretty dumb ideology.
goldberg

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 05:35 am
@snood,
How do you know such vaccines work? Just because Fauci said such vaccines are effective? I think it would be wrong to take the jab before scientists figure out a way to testify which vaccines work. You know we have different vaccines produced by America, China, and Germany.

It would be rash to press-gang people into taking the jab against their will.
goldberg

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 05:37 am
@oralloy,
I think you can't force people to take the jab. Biden is said to be pushing for this. Some nations are following suit. I'd say that's at odds with the Rights of man
goldberg

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 05:41 am
Progressives are sayers, not doers. That's why AOC won't be moving to Cuba with some writers at the New York Times. They can't watch anything even they have a chance to log on to the websites of HBO and Hulu in Cuba.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 05:42 am
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:
I think you can't force people to take the jab.

You can make vaccination mandatory for admission to schools or places of employment.
oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 05:44 am
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:
How do you know such vaccines work?

They underwent rigorous large-scale testing and passed before being approved.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 05:48 am
@oralloy,
Yeah. But little kids and pregnant women still can't take the jab. And docs also suggest that you had better not to take the jab if they think such vaccines lead to some side effects. I have a feeling that the powers that be or big boys are going to bludgeon you into taking it. If not, they warn you you won't be able to go outside.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 05:53 am
I received a text telling me this yesterday. So I have no choice but to take the jab. I still think that's against the law since the warning is from the local government. Actually, I'd prefer to take the one produced by a German company.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 06:40 am
By the way, I'd hazard a guess that a black women named Ellen McGirt could be the next editor in chief of Fortune magazine. She wrote in her column that she's going to tell her fans about her next career move after she returns from a trip. Ellen McGirt also writes like a progressive writer. She worked for another liberal financial magazine called Fast Company before returning to Fortune.

I think she is either going to leave Fortune or announce she's going to be the next editor in chief. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Fortune's founder Henry Luce reportedly rooted for the Republican Party even he was born in China. I don't think he would have asked his editors to be progressives.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 07:00 am
@goldberg,
Quote:
But you can't deny that's what's going on in some nations, say, Cuba and North Korea.

Sure I could. But why? Why would I deny what is going on anywhere? I might question how events are being reported but it would be dumb to deny what's taking place.

What do you think is happening in North Korea? I haven't seen much in the way of hard news, only the usual flow of rumors and speculation.
goldberg

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 08:24 am
@hightor,
I also have never been to North Korea; I only once talked to someone claiming to be North Korean online. Yet I have had a chance to watch some video clips that can't be found on American websites. I have also learn some info about North Korea's leaders from websites other than English ones.

I think its isolated economy is in the doldrums; only China and Russia want to do business with North Korea. Some companies in South Korea used to set up shop in North Korea; it stopped investing there once North Korea decided to turn against such investors from South Korea. Several Chinese companies are said to have invested there. I don't know if their business operations are still off and running.

It's widely reportedly that North Korea, faced with famine and nugatory economic growth, often relies on China's aid, particularly food and other daily necessities. China also buys coal from North Korea; America reportedly sent food to North Korea years ago with a view to mollifying North Korea. Taken together, there are no signs that North Korea's economy is able to take flight, thanks to a dearth of resources and poor government leadership.

Its political system seems to have taken a page from Russia's playbook, with King Kim presiding over the whole hierarchical system just like Putin, despite having drawn flak from some opponents trying to arrogate powers from Kim. To my knowledge, Kim has done his utmost to grind down opponents, gut institutions and nobble high-ranking military leaders. To that end, such top dogs are allowed to do anything in North Korea, such as attacking young girls who happen to be actresses and dancers.

Beyond that , North Korea is said to have found another way to make copious financial returns: they dispatch hotties to China to serve the rich, They can be found at places like pubs, hotels, beauty salons, and a place called Hui Suo in Chinese. I don't know if they also act like sex workers; I think most of them are not.

For all the talk of China's historical ties to North Korea, most Chinese citizens don't gravitate toward North Korea; some Chinese girls only hanker after South Korean dramas , songs, and movies. Having said that, BTS's popularity in China is limited, owing to the fact that China's draconian regulatory rules have curtailed South Korea's cultural invasion. You know Chinese TV channels used to buy lots of dramas from SBS, MBC , and KBS, which are the biggest TV networks in South Korea in terms of TV ratings. That gave China's leaders the screaming abdabs, affirming its believe that it's time to keep South Korean movies and dramas in check in China. Yet lots of recently-released movies and dramas from South Korea still can be found on lots of small Chinese websites.

North Korea only has one government-run TV network。 Some grandees living there are said to be able to watch foreign TV channels and visit the internet, I suppose.
goldberg

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 08:56 am
Dennis Rodman is a fan of North Korea. He has been to North Korea several times.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 08:58 am
@goldberg,
I have also learned some info about North Korea's leaders from websites other than English ones
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 09:21 am
@goldberg,
Affirming its belief.
0 Replies