Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

glitterbag

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2021 10:55 pm
@snood,
I don't know.....but I think the uncomplicated answer is that some folks can only feel alive when they are attacking others. I believe they feel so inadequate that they have an unhealthy need to destroy others, anyone they suspect has a better life then they do. These attacks usually fail miserably further driving them deeper into seething piles of resentment. It's sad, it's a dreadful way to go thru life, hoping others fail so they can pretend they win.
goldberg

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2021 10:58 pm
@snood,
That person just used the word monkey. You think it's okay? If you think it's okay, then please don't excoriate me for telling people here that a black man killed a Chinese girl last month.

HE DID IT.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2021 11:33 pm
@goldberg,
Song of Solomon also has an angry black man
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2021 11:35 pm
I think I'm going to buy a novel written by Elena Ferrante . James Wood, who is a book critic at The New Yorker, also mentioned this novel in his column.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2021 11:38 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I don't know.....but I think the uncomplicated answer is that some folks can only feel alive when they are attacking others. I believe they feel so inadequate that they have an unhealthy need to destroy others, anyone they suspect has a better life then they do. These attacks usually fail miserably further driving them deeper into seething piles of resentment. It's sad, it's a dreadful way to go thru life, hoping others fail so they can pretend they win.

Are you capable of noticing that you are the one who goes around attacking people?

Well, OK, izzythepush does it too.
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2021 11:44 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
I’ve often wondered if people like Agent 170-IQ actually believe their own bull crap, or if they have just lied so much for so long that they can’t help continuing it.

I realize that you have no honor or integrity, but is it pretty dishonorable of you to falsely accuse me of your own dishonesty.

You're the only liar here right now. You cannot point out any untrue statements in my posts.
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2021 11:49 pm
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:
It's decidedly odd for a progressive to call into question your ability to make a living since such progressives just call on Biden to embrace a welfare state modeled on some Nordic countries.

That nonsense that Glitterbag spewed was supposed to be talking about me? I guess it was in response to snood's post to me. You're probably right.

She's the one who has difficulty comprehending concepts that are simple enough for even stupid people to understand. She really shouldn't be belittling people who are infinitely smarter than she is.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2021 11:51 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Sometimes the shenanigans make me snicker a little funny, but actually this is tragic. How do this people navigate thru a normal day? Can they support themselves? What would you do if you had such a child, can you imagine the stress worrying about what will happen to them if you die?? Can these grown children navigate the health system? This whole business of living is so dangerous for the fragile.

Says the person who has great difficulty understanding even simple concepts. Worry about yourself before you worry about your betters.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 03:14 am
@oralloy,
pot and kettle. think about your unendiing excoriation of "progressives", which basically is anyone who doesn't think like you.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 03:17 am
@oralloy,
the usual oralloy nonsense. get a new schtick. you are interminably boring as well as being wrong.
Builder

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 03:52 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Says the person who has great difficulty understanding even simple concepts.

All she does is gaslights and abuses. Clearly the "mod team" which appears to be the dogpile crew, thinks she's funny.

The rest of us (is there more than five left?) knows what an ascerbic assinine pretender she is.
hightor

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 04:15 am
@Builder,
Quote:
All she does is gaslights and abuses.

She does neither. I hardly think anyone here is in a position to be "gaslighted" and it's difficult to see how anyone could be "abused" on an online message board.

All you do is comment on other people who post – or the lack of them.
goldberg

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 04:58 am
I think such self-styled progressives don't even take the trouble to get to know black literature. Some far-left liberals adore Alice Walker simply because she just can't refrain from being a fan of anti-Semitism.

a British school just announced that "it is going to remove Harper lee'
s novel" To Kill a Mocking Bird" from students' textbooks," on the grounds that Harper Lee shouldn't have written a scene in which a white lawyer is willing to defend a black suspect who stands accused of raping a white girl-the real rapist is the girl's dad.

What? It's even wrong for a white lawyer to try to save a black person in the eyes of supporters of cancel culture? So are we going to tell kids that Napoleon was actually black? What about Socrates? Was he black? What about Shakespeare, Balzac and Goethe?

I have a feeling that people are actually going through a cultural revolution designed to purge dissenters even in America. America is supposed to be a place that exalts free speech and freedom of association.

It's worrisome if you ask moi.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 05:09 am
Does it really behoove BLM to champion historical revisionism? The answer is non. It only pits non-black people against black people. It only affirms our believe that non-black people should get behind the message that BLM supporters want to foist their views on us. It's not an edifying sight.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 05:35 am
We are all black, Are you happy now, BLM? Now this black man is off to watch a Japanese movie. I'm flying away. Hooooo0.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 05:54 am
By the way, a player from Uganda left a note to his coach saying "he wants to stay in Japan instead of returning to Africa after the Olympic Games.

I'd say that's a cockamamy decision. Japan is strict with black immigrants, not to mention an African player wanting to find a job in Japan.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 07:11 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
pot and kettle.

That's a lie. You cannot provide any examples of me engaging in name-calling other than proportionate retaliation against name-calling directed at me first.

MontereyJack wrote:
think about your unending excoriation of "progressives", which basically is anyone who doesn't think like you.

Criticism of wrongdoing is not name-calling.

If you don't want to be condemned for your atrocities, then stop committing atrocities.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 07:12 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
the usual oralloy nonsense.

Progressives still hate reality, but no. Reality still isn't nonsense.

MontereyJack wrote:
get a new schtick. you are interminably boring

I will defend myself from lies and personal attacks for as long as they continue to be launched at me.

If you don't like my defense, you could cut down on it by no longer launching any lies and personal attacks at me.

MontereyJack wrote:
as well as being wrong.

Your catastrophic failure to ever show a single untrue statement in any of my posts speaks for itself.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 07:14 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
She does neither.

That is incorrect. I always forget what gaslighting is five minutes after it is explained to me, so I can't say whether she does that, but glitterbag gets abusive every time she gets confused.

And she gets confused every time she is confronted with an idea.

hightor wrote:
it's difficult to see how anyone could be "abused" on an online message board.

Not difficult to see at all. The abuser lies about them and launches name-calling and personal attacks against them.
hightor

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2021 07:34 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The abuser lies about them and launches name-calling and personal attacks against them.

Such behavior is hardly "abusive". If you're incapable of correcting the lies or too overly sensitive to ignore the name-calling, just don't participate. Unlike cases of domestic abuse, sexual abuse, and drug abuse, online you have a very simple escape mechanism. Don't respond. The "abuse" ends right there.