Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 01:39 pm
@oralloy,
Being even .ore than usually stupid today isee. Who distraught you history? Joseph goebbels?
blatham

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 04:56 pm
@snood,
She also lost whatever committee assignments she had because of what she'd said re the Holocaust. I give her no credit here at all.
oralloy

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 04:58 pm
@MontereyJack,
Godwin's Law. I win another debate! Cool
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 06:05 pm
An often repeated quote from Maya Angelou is “ When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.”

Another saying that applies (don’t know origin) here is “The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.”

It used to drive me batty when we would witness one bad act after another from Trump - one racist rant after another; one misogynist statement after another; one unhinged tweet, one lie, after another...
And then if he did one thing that parodied what a normal, decent person acting as president would do, many would trumpet it as if it negated what he said and did 24/7, 365 days a year. “Do you think maybe now he’s going to grow into the role?” they’d say. “Hey maybe this is the real Trump and he’s just acting the rest of the time”.

Absolutely batty.

Marjorie Green spent her days in Congress making remarks that hinted at violence against her colleagues. She has stated there’s “an Islamic invasion of our government.”She stalked her colleagues in the halls. She advocated for carrying a gun into the Capitol - even after 1/6. Before she was in Congress, there are videos of her calling 9/11 a hoax, calling Obama a Muslim, and accusing the Clinton’s of murder. She actually did suggest that wildfires were being controlled by lasers owned by evil Jews.

So now she makes a big, staged, televised mea culpa about having said **** that NO DECENT MINDED ADULT ( much less a sitting congressperson) would say in the first place.

And we have people saying “Hey, this apologetic version might be the real her.”

Batty.
oralloy

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 06:16 pm
@snood,
I don't know much about her, but I like that she's drafted impeachment charges against Joe Biden.

Although I think the Republicans should impeach Barack Obama first, and then move on to impeaching Joe Biden.
oralloy

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 06:23 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
She also lost whatever committee assignments she had because of what she'd said re the Holocaust. I give her no credit here at all.

Let's see a cite for that being the reason why the Democrats stripped her of her committee assignments.

And wait until it's the Republicans stripping Democrats of their committee assignments. Because really there is no reason for any progressive to serve on any committee. The Democrats can fill their committee chairs with conservative Democrats if they want the Democratic Party to be represented on committees.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 07:36 pm
@MontereyJack,
Why don't you talk about Jack and Jill of America? You really think affluent black people care about a poor black man? When asked to talk about BLM's role in civil rights movement, a member of Jack and Jill of America told the press that "we need people doing different things." Then he added that he would not take to the streets in anguish because he belongs to a different camp even he's also black. By which he meant a fat cat like him wouldn't want to mingle with poor black people.

Members of Jack and Jill of America also gravitate towards the European way of life; they tell their kids to learn how to dance like toffs you find in BBC's dramas featuring aristocrats. “You have to be a demure girl, a rich black man told his daughter. And his elderly family members also dress like European nobs when they attend social gatherings, which is to say you wouldn't find their kids rapping and popping publicly. Instead, they would prefer to act like educated black people like James Baldwin.

Man, what I'm saying is even some black people care about social distinctions and chafe at class antagonism. They think BLM only speaks for poor black people, not them, although they also express support for BLM.

For what's worth, you just can't deny that BLM is just a show aimed to egg on far-left liberals. And I think you are old enough not to be buffaloed into thinking that rich black people think poor black men and women are their sisters and brothers.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 08:13 pm
America needs more people like Paul Weyrich, who coined the phrase ''moral majority'' and helped the Republican Party win over evangelicals. America doesn't need more subversives keen on setting shops on fire and attacking Asian Americans.

America is going to be the next South Africa if most Americans take the blue pill.
goldberg

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 08:17 pm
I know you want to bamboozle Americans into thinking that America should be the next South Africa. I think Biden also knows this; he just doesn't talk about since he needs black voters' support.

Biden is not Cyril Ramaphosa. He is not black.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 08:26 pm
South Africa was a rich nation before black people took it over. Now it's just a poor nation plagued by political polarisation and economic precarity, with some white people wringing their hands over their future in South Africa. That's why lots of white people have moved back to Europe since black people want to take and seize white-owned land.

South Africans don't even know how to run their farms even they seize white-owned land. Worst yet, they simply lay waste to their fields with poor management and get poorer, aggravated by the fact that South Africa also has black bureaucrats rorting the system and demanding sops from its president, who is said to be another venal politician who loves to bend the rules.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 08:36 pm
@oralloy,
They should expel AOC and Ilhan Omar first.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 08:49 pm
@goldberg,
loony tunes much?
goldberg

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 08:50 pm
@MontereyJack,
I'm just telling the truth. You just don't want to hear it.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 08:59 pm
@MontereyJack,
We still don't want to be fans of your culture even non-black people are forced to accept critical race theory willy-nilly. You know non-black people could come up with something just like critical race theory. And we will call you on the carpet if you refuse to accept it if you are black.

It could be called minatory race theory.

All Rights Reserved.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 09:01 pm
Fox News is still the number one among news channel. That says it all; America still has more conservative and centrist voters. You far-left liberals can't change this. I watch both Fox News and MSNBC.

The lights are still on. Hooooo.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 09:17 pm
@goldberg,
who's president> who got eight million mkore votes than his opponent? Who was the conservative in the election? Looks to me you're 180 degrees away from the truth.
oralloy

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 09:18 pm
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:
They should expel AOC and Ilhan Omar first.

I'm sure they will.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 09:21 pm
@oralloy,
nope.
oralloy

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 09:24 pm
@MontereyJack,
You don't have the power to stop the Republicans from expelling progressives from committees once they take control of the House.

You'll be free to whine helplessly though if you like.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2021 09:26 pm
@MontereyJack,
Jack, I was just reciting some figures released by a marquee marketing firm, which show CNN's ratings have taken a nosedive over the months. And MSNBC's raitings jumped the shark last month. Fox News also saw ratings decline. Yet it's still the most popular news channel. MSNBC ranks second, with CNN bringing up the bear
0 Replies