Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

goldberg

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 08:17 am
Waris Dirie is supposed to be a role model for black women. She's not American.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 08:30 am
@goldberg,
but covid did happen. trump bothed it badly, and public health experts think 10,000 more americans died because of his policies. and that estimate was done when ony aboujt 300K people dioed, so the estimates would just have risen.
and ovf course trump and his agenda never, ever were supported by a majority of americanns, not in 2015, not in 2016 or 18 or 20.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 08:35 am
So people in Italy used military satellites to make US voting machines switch votes for Biden.

"Italygate" - the entry for next year's Oscar award for best comedy.
goldberg

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 08:49 am
@MontereyJack,
Yes and no. Trump could have done more to help the American people in terms of more preventive measures against COVID-19. He thought it was just a
small-scale crisis at first. You know most European and Asian nations only paid heed to this crisis after learning that China had decided to impose a lockdown.

Fauci seems to be making the same mistake by telling people that it's okay not to wear masks after getting jabbed.

I think Trump still has a chance to be the president in the next presidential election, gasp, if the Democratic Party picks a black woman to be its presidential candidate.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 08:55 am
@MontereyJack,
You can't call someone a racist simply because he has a different view. A black presidential candidate can hardly win the presidential election in America. This is a fact; it's not aimed to snub a black politician.

If you think I'm lying. Whatever.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 08:58 am
Instead of courting recalcitrant Republicans Biden better find a way to get around Manchin if he wants his administration to hold up even until the midterms. That guy plans to help the Republicans block everything Biden claims he wants to do.
goldberg

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 09:03 am
I'm off to read another novel. Hoooooo
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 09:10 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Instead of courting recalcitrant Republicans Biden better find a way to get around Manchin if he wants his administration to hold up even until the midterms.

I know what you mean but I don't think there is a way to "get around" Manchin until the Dems have more seats in the Senate and win the midterms with enough of a margin to claim a mandate. There's no mandate whatsoever with the sides being nearly equally divided. If the left wing of the party peels off that will simply insure a Republican Congress and if you think "nothing" is being done now I can assure you, it can get worse. Much worse.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 09:18 am
@hightor,
All I'm saying is Biden is looking for friends in all the wrong places.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 09:30 am
By the by, I know some black men would mention Obama to give the lie to my claim that a black politician can hardly win the presidential election. Well, it's totally a different situation now. It's true that Obama beat John McCain and Mitt Romney. Yet that doesn't mean anything if you factor in a man's good looks or charms. Remember John Kerry? He was defeated by Bush.

Plus, Obama failed to prove that he's an experienced politician like Hillary Clinton. That's why I said other black politicians could hardly follow suit.

Obama and Trump are both attractive men.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 10:01 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
So people in Italy used military satellites to make US voting machines switch votes for Biden.
The Space Force would have detected this incursion had they not been busy monitoring Jewish space lasers over California.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 10:14 am
@blatham,
Thanks, I forgot about that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 10:36 am
I think I just saw a post that called Trump an attractive man. Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
izzythepush

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 10:37 am
Those of us who use English vernacular instead of affecting it are watching the Romania match right now, not lying about reading a novel.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 12:43 pm
We won 1-0. That’s a good result for us, we’ve not beaten Romania for a very long time.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 03:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
Trump is a good-looking man. Don't waste your life in self-denial unless you are Keir Starmer.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 03:09 pm
Megan Fox, is that you? Are you teaching us Labour-style Englash? Hooooooo
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 03:18 pm
In interview panned as 'bootlicking,' CNN's Stelter asks Jen Psaki to tell him what the media 'gets wrong'
'What a subservient, obsequious question for anyone in media to be earnestly asking the president’s mouthpiece,' a conversative blogger wrote

By Cortney O'Brien

CNN's Brian Stelter was mocked Sunday for a seemingly softball interview with White House press secretary Jen Psaki, in which his first question centered on what the media "gets wrong" in covering the Biden White House.

"The White House press secretary faces some unique challenges," Stelter said when introducing his guest, a former CNN contributor.

"Busy summer ahead – infrastructure, election reform. What does the press get wrong when covering Biden's agenda? When you watch the news, when you read the news, what do you think we get wrong?" Stelter began the interview, which was conducted Friday but aired on Sunday.

"Some of our muscles have atrophied," Psaki answered, suggesting that the media has forgotten how long it takes to get legislation passed when criticizing the administration.

"I don't know if that's the press getting it wrong," she said. "I'll leave you to the critique of that, Brian."

"Bootlicking," Newsbusters news analyst Nicholas Fondacaro said of Stelter's opening questions.

"What a subservient, obsequious question for anyone in media to be earnestly asking the President’s mouthpiece," conservative blogger Erik Soderstrom sounded off.

"Our corrupt media are absolutely nothing more than propagandists and should be treated as such," Fox News contributor Mollie Hemingway said, blasting Stelter's interview.

In a later exchange, Stelter asked Psaki to provide more advice for journalists, asking her to share guidance for reporters "to stay close to the truth in this world of lies."

Other questions included, "Five months in, do you feel like that you've made any progress with … defeating the lies?" and "Given the craziness we're seeing from the GOP, what kind of country is this going to be?"

He also asked her to reflect on her time as a CNN contributor.

The hardest-hitting question Stelter asked Psaki was why President Biden hasn't held more than one solo press conference, which Psaki did not directly answer, noting that he "takes questions several times a week."

Notably absent were questions about Biden's ongoing border crisis, and the White House's continued trust in chief medical adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci in light of his new email controversy.

Recently unearthed emails provided more insight into some of Fauci's flip-flops on coronavirus mandates, and how he had been informed that the virus could have escaped from a lab in Wuhan, China, as opposed to having had occurred naturally. He had dismissed the lab leak theory in congressional hearings and interviews.

The revelations infuriated many people, but Psaki told the press last week that she couldn't imagine any circumstance in which Biden would fire Fauci, a trusted expert.

To those who have followed Stelter's coverage of the Biden White House, the softballs were not a surprise. When Psaki was first tapped as press secretary and promised to provide only accurate information, Stelter tweeted, "How refreshing."

Stelter has continued to lose viewers in 2021, new statistics show. He averaged only 836,000 viewers during the month of May, a 9% drop from April viewership and a 53% fall from January, when Biden entered the White House.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 05:29 pm
Democrats’ Racism Obsession Is an Affront to Liberty

From The American Spectator

"I was deeply interested in politics from childhood. I was gripped by the drama of the campaign for civil rights, and I was appalled by the shocking images of segregation and its violent supporters that I would see, beginning from the Little Rock school crisis in the late ’50s through the great campaign of the early ’60s to pull down the legal structures of forced race separation and to restore denied political rights.

I was proud of the Republican Party as the party of Lincoln, whereas the segregationist states were entirely Democrat. I was overjoyed at the collation of Republicans and Democrats that joined together to pass the great Civil Rights Act of 1964, which decisively signaled the end of segregation in law.

I was appalled, though, to learn that Sen. Barry Goldwater took a public stand against that landmark legislation.

For so many with deep influence in today’s Democrat Party, the focus is entirely on people’s thoughts and feelings, which are prejudged to be necessarily and inescapably racist.

Goldwater took pains to condemn racism, blessedly, and honorably made clear his reasoning. He believed that the law was trying to legislate how people should think and feel. Government has no business regulating thoughts and feelings, looking for motives that under this law would alone determine whether such ordinary acts as selling one’s home or hiring help in a business would be criminal.

I thought that Goldwater’s priorities were wrong and that he should have joined the great legal rejection of racism.

Now I am certain that his worry was real.

For so many with deep influence in today’s Democrat Party, the focus is entirely on people’s thoughts and feelings, which are prejudged to be necessarily and inescapably racist. No proof of this can be brought, inasmuch as there is little concern with knowing the inner life of others among such theorists.

Marx, Lenin, and those who follow in their footsteps are largely contemptuous of the inner life of human beings. The state cannot control those things, therefore they are dangerous and must be neutralized. That neutralization begins in their political theory, where the Left either expels the voice of religion and moral truth or, better, coopts their language and aura of respectability and brands every other use of morality as heresy.

In the practice of those seeking control of the American government and the American mind, the majority of Americans are systematic racists. If they do not embrace the doctrines of systematic racism with the necessary enthusiasm, this is all the evidence needed to disqualify them from participation in government, in discourse, or even in civil society.

When one does not have to win another by argument or moral example, when all one needs to do is exercise force against those with whom one differs, one lapses into incoherence.

Just recently, someone asked professional anti-racist Ibram X. Kendi was asked by an interviewer to define racism. What is it, after all that we are focused upon? Kendi’s reply reminds of Kafka, Orwell, and every smug wielder of power that you have ever met:

I would define it as a collection of racist policies that lead to racial inequity that are substantiated by racist ideas.

If you include the term in question in its own definition, you have nonsense, unending nonsense. Racism is racism is racism is racism. Logicians would say you have begged the question. Someone familiar with the Bible would say you have entered into the territory of the Divine, whose answer to what His name is (and so what kind of being is He) is, “I am what I am.” Someone more familiar with ancient cartoons than ancient literature would say this is the territory of Popeye.

It is not the answer of any fallible human who takes anyone else’s quest for answers and meaning seriously. Why bother to seek for truth when we have it all? Why bother to question when we have all answers? To persist in seeking answers after the whole truth has been revealed is indicative of the most fundamental sin, which in this system is, of course, racism, meaning, of course, what we know and what you cannot ask.

The racism I have rejected all my life is the use of race to decide questions about which it has nothing to do. A few such questions: “Is the person qualified to do this job?” “What is the nature of this person’s character?” “Should this person have recognized political rights?” “Will this person be a good neighbor?” “Is this person to be trusted?”

I do injustice to others and to myself and embrace an untruth when I use race as meaningful in answering such questions.

It is inevitable that we humans will categorize and classify others as we strive to find intelligent order and bring it out in our lives and our societies. It is also inevitable that we will mistakes in doing so and allow our system of categorizing to blind us to more relevant truths than those captured by the category.

The category of race has proven itself near useless in arriving at judgments and decisions in most questions in life. Its attraction continues to mystify me. I certainly do not believe that we are doomed by birth and by culture to repeat such a gross mistake, and I believe that those who insist we are, that racism is structurally inevitable, have fallen prey to the very thing they claim to fight.

It is that capitulation to the evil of using race as the dominant factor in relating to the world that robs them of the ability to coherently say what racism is. When they cannot define what they expect us to give up everything to fight, we see the heart of darkness in front of us. If they say so, two plus two must equal five. It is what it is. You are a racist because you are a racist. We know what it means because we say so, and if you have a problem with that, you are the problem for us.

And problems require solutions, the more final the better. Why mess around? We have all the truth, and the fact that you don’t think so convicts you.

Americans are used to freedom. We realize that people whose ideas are uncomfortable still may express themselves and we are the better for it. We often take awhile before we realize that some people’s ideas are bent on using whatever power necessary to suppress every other idea. When that finally becomes clear, Americans stop listening.

The pendulum is swinging. As Americans process the reality of critical race theory and what its theorists intend, they reject them decisively for the very same reasons that they rejected slavery, segregationism, and Jim Crow.

And we do that not because we are compelled by a law or forced by the government. It is rather because we are listening to the same inner voice that compelled us to fight for liberty from America’s inception onwards. Our conscience, our inner source, will allow nothing less."
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2021 05:31 pm
Lenin and Stalin were arseholes just like Putin.
0 Replies