Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 10:53 am
@snood,
The Kid’s post with the link is the second post on this page.

Not too bloody difficult now?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 11:05 am
@izzythepush,
Izzy, serious question...
Who the **** is the subliminal kid?

I was homeless for almost a year in Washington DC in ‘89. I don’t make fun of the homeless.
<edit>
I found it. Okay.
But I still say connecting the US to this is a stretch.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 11:08 am
@snood,
You used homeless as an insult.

That is taking the piss out of them.

The Subliminal Kid is my son, not that it’s any business of yours. He stopped work to post the link you’re too much of a coward to click on.

None of that is relevant, all you need to know is it’s the second post on this page.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 11:09 am
@snood,
Israel does nothing without the support of America.

It’s a bit of a stretch to say America had nothing to do with it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 11:10 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
A ten year old girl. She has no complicity in anything.

I disagree. She is a nasty venomous viper who is doing her best to spread her poison.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 11:11 am
@izzythepush,
Sorry not this page, the previous page.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 11:15 am
@hightor,
nyt/goldberg wrote:
Kushner's Absurd Peace Plan Has Failed

All peace plans that require Palestinian agreement are doomed to fail, as the Palestinians refuse to ever make peace.

I propose transporting all of the West Bank/East Jerusalem Palestinians to the Gaza Strip and then recognizing the Gaza Strip alone as the sole Palestinian state.

Israel will have to periodically bomb the Palestinians when they get too aggressive, but that should be manageable.

nyt/goldberg wrote:
But the explosion of fighting in Israel and Palestine in recent days makes clear something that never should have been in doubt: justice for the Palestinians is a precondition for peace. And one reason there has been so little justice for the Palestinians is because of the foreign policy of the United States.

Justice for the Palestinians would mean marching the entire Palestinian population to the Hague to serve life sentences for war crimes.

nyt/goldberg wrote:
"I don't think that there's any way that this occupation and creeping annexation process could have gotten where it is today if the United States had said no," said Jeremy Ben-Ami, the president of the liberal Zionist group J-Street.

Since the Palestinians refuse to ever make peace, there is nothing wrong with Israel putting that land to good use.

nyt/goldberg wrote:
So much horror has been born of the delusion, on both the Israeli and American right, that when it comes to the Palestinians, the status quo is sustainable.

It's not so much a belief that it is sustainable. It's that most people can't see any way to get around the fact that the Palestinians refuse to ever make peace.

I regularly propose ways past the status quo. Put all the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip and make that alone the Palestinian state.

nyt/goldberg wrote:
Israel's 2018 "nation-state law" enshrined "Jewish settlement as a national value" and undermined the legal equality of Israel's Arab citizens. As settlements expanded, a two-state solution turned from a distant dream into a fantasy.

A two-state solution will work out just fine if we make the Palestinian state the Gaza Strip alone.

It's only a two-state solution "based on 1967 borders" that is never going to happen.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 11:17 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
For decades now, it seems Israel administrations have been less concerned with adherence to international laws on war crimes than they've been concerned about anyone mentioning those crimes.

You neonazis are despicable with your endless false accusations of Israeli atrocities.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 11:19 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
If America were to threaten to withdraw Israel's huge military aid the action on Gaza would stop in a heartbeat.

No it wouldn't. Israel will defend themselves no matter what.

And the result of ending US aid would not be to your liking.

Right now Israel restrains themselves so as to not lose that aid.

Removing Israeli restraint will not result in a good outcome for the Palestinians.

Plus, the US supports Israel's right to defend themselves. We would never think of cutting off their aid in a time of need.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 11:20 am
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:
Rumor has it Israel may have already made nuclear weapons.

I estimate that they have 80 or so boosted atomic warheads, probably with yields of about 90 kilotons.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 11:27 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

snood wrote:
A ten year old girl. She has no complicity in anything.

I disagree. She is a nasty venomous viper who is doing her best to spread her poison.

When do Palestinians start being “nasty venomous vipers”? At ten years old? At three? At birth?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 11:30 am
@snood,
When they’re old enough to have organs harvested.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 02:31 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
When do Palestinians start being "nasty venomous vipers"? At ten years old? At three? At birth?

I've no idea how young they are when they go bad, but the little creeps really are something else.

I remember some years back during one of these conflicts, Palestinian militants put landmines all over the Gaza beaches, and this Palestinian family went out to have a picnic in the middle of all the landmines.

Their young daughter was the only one to survive when the family won its Darwin Award.

When TV reporters arrived on the scene, the little brat instructed the TV crews to film her pretending to discover her father's body (which they did) and to blame the entire incident on Israeli shelling (which they also did).
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 02:33 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Biden, like every US President before him, faces a nearly insurmountable set of problems here (the evidence for that claim is simply that none have been able to turn this around). Perhaps (I'm not anything like an expert on this matter) the closest point was during Carter's presidency and the Camp David Accords. But as you may know, years later in a recorded interview, Netanyahu bragged about killing those accords.

History shows that it was the Palestinian refusal to agree to peace that killed the accords.

blatham wrote:
Israeli intransigence is one key factor.

Wrong. There is no such intransigence. Israel has repeatedly offered the Palestinians peace based on 1967 borders.

The only factor is Palestinian intransigence.

blatham wrote:
The power of the Jewish lobby (which hews in support of mainly the right in Israel) is another.

The only factor is Palestinian intransigence.

blatham wrote:
Israel depends upon massive cash infusions from America and this could be leveraged much more than it seems to have been.

Israel is not at all dependent upon US aid.

blatham wrote:
But even given all the above, the US has been complicit in what has happened with the Palestinians. Not the US alone, but mainly the US.

The only people who are complicit in what is happening to the Palestinians, are the Palestinians themselves.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 02:35 pm
Snood and Izzy seem to be in general agreement about most things on here. I hope they can put the fuss behind them. Then again, I have no business to interfere.
oralloy

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 02:35 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
I think that's a very sound analysis/summary.

You're wrong. It's not very good at all. It is filled with falsehoods and false accusations.

snood wrote:
And I agree that the US bears some responsibility for the suffering in Palestine.

You're wrong there as well. The Palestinians are responsible for their own suffering.

If the Palestinians don't want people to defend themselves against them, then they should make peace and stop trying to murder everyone.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 02:39 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:
Biden shouldn't have voted no on the cease fire at the UN.

Yes he should have. Israel has every right to defend themselves.

revelette3 wrote:
I am not sure what good it does to issue a statement from the UN regarding Israel, they just ignore such statements and claim victimhood as a reason completely ignoring their very real actions which led to the statements.

The only things that lead to antisemitic statements from the UN, are antisemites in the UN.

revelette3 wrote:
However, for US, if we had signed on to such a statement, it would be a very big deal. If we followed that up by being open to real solutions which don't hold the Palestinian people hostage to the actions of Hamas and other Arab nations before any kind of accord can take place, maybe it would go a long way in making a statement to Israel.

What real solutions are these?

There is no need to make any statement to Israel. Israel is not the problem.

revelette3 wrote:
At the very least we could stop sending money and military aide to support Israel.

America isn't evil. We don't cut off aid to our friends in a time of need.

revelette3 wrote:
Personally I also condemn the other Arab nations who don't do anything to help the Palestine people.

The Palestinians are waging an illegal war of aggression against Israel. All good people refuse to help them.

You shouldn't condemn people for doing good things.

revelette3 wrote:
They have been silent while Israel is bombing Palestine.

Israel has the right to defend themselves from Palestinian aggression.

revelette3 wrote:
Meanwhile Gaza and other Palestine places and people are being eliminated.

No they aren't. They are just being prevented from harming Israel.

revelette3 wrote:
This is an old article from 2019 taking about the life inside Gaza.
https://theconversation.com/gaza-what-life-is-like-under-the-continuing-israeli-blockade-124528

If the Palestinians don't want people to defend themselves against them, then they should make peace and stop trying to murder everyone.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 02:41 pm
@revelette3,
theconversation.com wrote:
By targeting civilians, Hamas is committing a war crime. In all probability, so is Israel, by bombing and shelling Gaza.

It's not a crime for Israel to defend themselves from the Palestinians' illegal war of aggression.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 02:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well, I can say I’m done with that particular argument, anyway.

But back to Israel - I just saw a figure that made me go cross-eyed. It said the US gives 10.4 million dollars A DAY to Israel.

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 02:52 pm
@snood,
All (or if not all, then almost all) of the weapons and ammunition that the US provides to Israel, the US gives to Israel for free.

Some of the weapons can be expensive (F-35 fighters for example). It can lead to big numbers on paper without proper context.