Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

snood

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 09:02 am
@izzythepush,
Here’s an example:
I have seen articles that show you as a homeless addict, who panhandles on Times Square.

If anyone wants proof, they can easily Google it.

TheSubliminalKid

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 09:04 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

I am not. I cannot post links and I have given you all the information you need to find the article on Israeli organ harvesting.

You refuse to look and are using my inability to post links as an excuse for your own inertia.

To say you “can’t post links” is bullshit. You don’t need any special computer or browser capabilities to post a link.

For goodness' sake - Izzy does actually struggle with posting links on the ipad because the ipad is bloody old and doesn't always copy/paste correctly.

But considering you don't know how to use google, here:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/dec/21/israeli-pathologists-harvested-organs
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 09:05 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

I have seen articles that show you as a homeless addict, who panhandles on Times Square.

Ooh classism and addiction shaming to make a point.

You're a very smart and cool guy.

Edit: I know a few homeless people who are lovely and trying to get by. Poverty shaming is disgusting.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 09:11 am
@snood,
And now you hate homeless people too.

You have given no information to support your allegations. I have given all the details needed to find the article on google.

You have given nothing although we now know how you feel about the homeless.

I thought the panhandle was in Texas.
blatham

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 09:22 am
@snood,
Quote:
Okay, granted. But I can’t help but wonder what level of involvement by Biden would be considered enough.
If he tells Netanyahu he supports a ceasefire?
More? Less?

Biden, like every US President before him, faces a nearly insurmountable set of problems here (the evidence for that claim is simply that none have been able to turn this around). Perhaps (I'm not anything like an expert on this matter) the closest point was during Carter's presidency and the Camp David Accords. But as you may know, years later in a recorded interview, Netanyahu bragged about killing those accords. Israeli intransigence is one key factor. The power of the Jewish lobby (which hews in support of mainly the right in Israel) is another. And that lobby is bolstered in the US by the GOP and the religious right. And then there is the underlying problem of very ancient grievances and tribalisms which, like racism in the US, are exceedingly difficult to eradicate. And on top of all that, sits the military/economic strategies related to maintaining a dependable ally in the Middle East and thus some control over major oil sources and production.

As to what Biden might do to be considered enough, that will depend upon who's doing the considering, obviously. Bernie Sanders and Bernie Latham would likely have differing notions. Israel depends upon massive cash infusions from America and this could be leveraged much more than it seems to have been. Politically that is a landmine. But even given all the above, the US has been complicit in what has happened with the Palestinians. Not the US alone, but mainly the US.
snood

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 09:49 am
@blatham,
I think that’s a very sound analysis/summary.

Some folks in here are saying things like “all Biden has to do is cut off aid to Israel” to solve the problem. I would argue (like you said) that it’s not a simple matter - keeping a crucial ally in the ME.
And I agree that the US bears some responsibility for the suffering in Palestine.
snood

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 09:50 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

And now you hate homeless people too.

You have given no information to support your allegations. I have given all the details needed to find the article on google.

You have given nothing although we now know how you feel about the homeless.

I thought the panhandle was in Texas.

You gave no “details” at all.

And now you’re being ridiculous. So I’m done with this tangent.
goldberg

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 09:53 am
An old American man like Henry Kissinger would tell you that it would be naive to pin blame on Israel for this imbroglio. Fateh's former leader, Arafat, who's a venal politician, simply acted like a cage-rattler in peace talks. Other Fateh leaders also wanted to line their own pockets. The emergence of a militant group called Hamas , coupled with military aid from Iran, have roiled Palestine, adumbrated by its moribund economy. Things become more complicated if you factor in the power grab between Fateh and Hamas.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 09:55 am
@snood,
I gave you the publication, the author, the date, the headline and the phrase I googled to find it.

Stop talking ****.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 09:59 am
A perfection solution would be for Fateh to declare war on Hamas. In return, Israel also makes concessions by offering some places for the Palestinians to settle down. More broadly, Israel could help the Palestinians pep up its economy.

0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 10:05 am
@blatham,
Biden shouldn't have voted no on the cease fire at the UN.

Quote:
The draft statement, seen by POLITICO, called for “restraint, refraining from provocative actions and rhetoric, and upholding and respecting the historic status quo at the holy sites.” It also noted the Security Council’s “serious concern over the possible evictions of Palestinian families in Sheikh Jarrah and Silwan neighborhoods in occupied East Jerusalem, many of whom have lived in their homes for generations.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/13/joe-biden-united-nations-488160

I am not sure what good it does to issue a statement from the UN regarding Israel, they just ignore such statements and claim victimhood as a reason completely ignoring their very real actions which led to the statements.

However, for US, if we had signed on to such a statement, it would be a very big deal. If we followed that up by being open to real solutions which don't hold the Palestinian people hostage to the actions of Hamas and other Arab nations before any kind of accord can take place, maybe it would go a long way in making a statement to Israel. At the very least we could stop sending money and military aide to support Israel.

Personally I also condemn the other Arab nations who don't do anything to help the Palestine people. They have been silent while Israel is bombing Palestine. I am talking of the ones who signed that accord with Israel. As for Turkey and Iran, they have their agendas and reasons for their rhetoric. Meanwhile Gaza and other Palestine places and people are being eliminated.

This is an old article from 2019 taking about the life inside Gaza.

https://theconversation.com/gaza-what-life-is-like-under-the-continuing-israeli-blockade-124528

izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 10:10 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Clicking on the link the Kid provided too difficult or too scary for you?
revelette3

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 10:15 am
Quote:
The images and reports coming from Israel, Jerusalem and Gaza in recent days are shocking. They are also surprising to those who thought the 2020 Abraham Accords and subsequent agreements to normalize relations between Israel and the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Morocco, and Sudan would place the conflict between Israelis and Palestinians permanently on the backburner.

As someone who has been writing and teaching about the Middle East for more than 30 years, I had no such illusions. The reason for this is that at its heart, the so-called “Arab-Israeli conflict” has always been about Israelis and Palestinians. And no matter how many treaties Israel signs with Arab states, it will remain so.

In a phone call on May 12, President Joe Biden assured Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of his “unwavering support for Israel’s security and for Israel’s legitimate right to defend itself and its people.” Biden was referencing the rocket attacks on Israel launched by Hamas, the Islamist group that governs Gaza. By targeting civilians, Hamas is committing a war crime. In all probability, so is Israel, by bombing and shelling Gaza.

Despite the carnage the Hamas rocket attacks and Israeli retaliation inflicts on Israelis and Gazans, the Biden administration is focusing on a sideshow, not the main event.

https://theconversation.com/as-the-palestinian-minority-takes-to-the-streets-israel-is-having-its-own-black-lives-matter-moment-160958
hightor

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 10:33 am
a kvetch wrote:
...can't you realize that the NYT and its reporters just abominate Trump and his ilk.

If they do, it's for good reason.
Quote:
The new York Times is owned by a Jewish family.

So what?
Quote:
How could its current owner disown his brothers in Israel.

How do you know that the New York Times Company (which owns the paper) has "brothers in Israel"? And even were that true, many USAmericans who identify as Jews and many Jewish Israelis oppose the Netanyahu government and its policies.
snood

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 10:35 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

snood wrote:

Clicking on the link the Kid provided too difficult or too scary for you?

What kid? What link? Scared for what?

By the way in case you were really being ignorant and not just making an unfunny joke, “panhandling “ is vernacular for begging on the street.
oralloy

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 10:38 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
The one and the only conclusion to be drawn is that America supports the slaughter of the Palestinians.

Of course we do. Said slaughter is self defense.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 10:39 am
@eurocelticyankee,

She should stop murdering people if she wants people to stop defending themselves against her.
oralloy

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 10:41 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
the US bombed al Jazeera during the Fallujah debacle

Debacle?? As I recall the second battle cleared the terrorists out of there quite nicely.

Or are you referring to the first battle?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 10:44 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

She should stop murdering people if she wants people to stop defending themselves against her.

A ten year old girl. She has no complicity in anything. She did not choose her home or her parents or the government they live under.
You’re saying she needs to stop murdering people. I really try, but this kind of thing is why it’s hard to take you seriously.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 10:52 am
@snood,
The Subliminal Kid has left a link on this page, addressed to you.

You know that.

Insulting the homeless is never funny.