Question for those in MASSACHUSETTS!!!!!!!!!

quinn1

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 07:22 am
oh-tay - I guess I'll be there then Smile

Noddy - excellent!

Well crazylady - the offer is open should you wish to partake. (I understand the control thing myself - no problem)
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 09:04 am
So so far, who is actually coming??
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 09:22 am
Depends on the day for us, as we (RP and I) have traveling that weekend.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 09:51 am
I clear all things including karaoke night for an a2k get together. I'm in. BTW I live in Hull which is ten miles from Quincy, so I could do a pickup (one of my favorite words). I will keep peeking in for signs of life. Alewife was fun. So was Boston.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 09:55 am
bobsmythhawk wrote:
I clear all things including karaoke night for an a2k get together. I'm in. BTW I live in Hull which is ten miles from Quincy, so I could do a pickup (one of my favorite words). I will keep peeking in for signs of life. Alewife was fun. So was Boston.

you live in Hull!!! wow... I am always in Hull... I am one of those annoying kids that hang out by the bandstands... or I did when I was a little younger... God you guys must hate them... or how about DDR at dream machine...

sorry you just brought back memories...
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 10:06 am
No. Friday nights I sing karaoke at the Beachfront in Hull. It's a little bar so you may not know it. It's right across the street from the Clarion Hotel.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 10:09 am
I know where that is... my friends go to drydock alot... I tried getting a job at Clarion once but they never called me back, those jerks..

I live in Weymouth but alot of my friends used to live in hull... they all live in Hingham now
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 10:18 am
When I moved to Hull five years ago I checked out the local bars and the Drydock was a little too noisy for me. The Beachfront suited me more. Haven't seen a fight there yet. The Drydock always seems to have the police making a visit for one altercation or another. Besides they don't have karaoke which I love.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 10:22 am
I think that is why my friends go there... because of the fighting, it's prolly them getting arrested sadly... as for me, I don't do bars yet.. I turn 21 in Jan... then I'll be at the bars... don't know what u look likebut u'll prolly see me, I'm sorry... lol
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 10:27 am
Not to worry. I'm harmless. I'm not old enough to be your father. I'm old enough to be your grandfather. I'll turn 66 on Saturday.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 12:21 pm
Bob! Da silvah fox! Happy birthday!!!! Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 01:18 pm
Happy Birthday, Bob. Sixty-six is a very good year.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 01:23 pm
Hi Jespah. Thanks. The Silver Fox. One of the places I sang in was The Thirsty Scholar on the Somerville/Cambridge border near Inman Square. There was a guy there who insisted on calling me that. I'll never forget one night I had just started singing Elvis Presley's Can't Help Falling in Love when a lady left her husband, walked up and wrapped her arms around me. Without missing a beat I turned from the crowd and sang to her ending with a kiss on her forehead. I think that's the night the name took hold there. I walked her back to her table to make sure hubby was ok with the performance. He was. When I walked back to the mike to put a request in for my next song, Sean the dj had this puzzled look on his face. Why'd she choose you when I'm here he asked. Looking at him calmly I answered because you're ugly. Gotta have fun and as you know I've got a big mouth.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 01:54 pm
happy bday, SF!

i think its safe to assume that hawks are not the only variety of 'bird' you have your sights set on Wink
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 02:53 pm
Thank you noddy and RP. Oh, to be 64 again. I have no complaints though. Except for being diabetic and therefor taking pills for the first time in my life, I'm in excellent health. Two years ago when I was diagnosed the doctor asked me what pills I took so there would be no conflict. I answered honestly that I hadn't had so much as an aspirin in over twenty years. I can only ascribe it to good luck as I haven't even been careful in all those years.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 02:57 pm
Congratulations, Bob me boy. Now you're on a par with me. (But I'll be one year older than you again, come December).
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 03:00 pm
thanks MA. Let's see, if I'm younger I should be able to outrun you and catch you so it's only a momentary thing.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 03:03 pm
BTW I expect that we'll see your aged visage at the next meeting. As bleak as it is I'll be happy to see it my friend.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 03:04 pm
Ha! Catch me if you can!
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 03:04 pm
Yuk yuk yuk.
0 Replies