We lost our Ruby-Dog

Mame

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2022 06:05 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
It's amazing their resilience, isn't it? And they don't want to give up. I miss our Gracie, too, who we had to put down at 19. She was the gentlest and most forgiving of creatures. What did it for me was when I'd take her out and she'd trudge to the end of our walkway, then turn around and plod back. She'd be parked and drooling at the door before we'd go, lol, but... she had the spirit, just not the legs.

I hope Bounce Back Ben hangs in there for a while yet.

I have a friend who has fostered many dogs and kept some of them. I don't know if I could do that - give it up, I mean.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2022 06:58 pm
https://i.imgur.com/NX7cIfB.jpg
georgeob1

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2022 07:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
As Rudyard Kipling famously wrote, ..."don't give your heart to a dog to tear".
0 Replies

logan22

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2022 08:00 pm
sorry for your lost. how about having a new puppy to replace her
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2022 10:04 pm
@snood,
I just rediscovered this thread tonight, and it was incredibly soothing to read all of the lovely sharing we all did with this post.

Plus I was feeling a little over cheerful about the Trump business guilty verdicts and it appears that Warnock has actually won Georgia tonight. So it was good to read a little "human feelings" that we all experience about our animal companions and I want to thank everyone for sharing their feelings on this thread. You folks are the best.
snood

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2022 10:19 pm
@glitterbag,
(((((❤️GB❤️))))))
glitterbag

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2022 10:24 pm
@snood,
Very Happy
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2023 11:37 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

So sorry for your loss glitter. She had a good life

Thank you Chai2!!!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2023 11:53 pm
@izzythepush,
It's always painful to tell your close friend, you will miss him (he knows and he loves you for your love)
glitterbag

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2023 12:02 am
@glitterbag,
By the way, I have owned pitch black cats with bright blue eyes. She was wonderful.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2023 03:28 am
@glitterbag,
Our current cat is all white and v intelligent.

Vic wasn't very clever, but Muffy is incredibly smart.

She's not a lap cat, she'll sit next to you and demand strokes but she she'll only get on your lap in you have a treat for her, and once she's eaten it she'll get off.

She hates being picked up, even if she wants you to lift her up somewhere she'll complain all the time.

And if she doesn't want picking up she will turn into a tiny furry ball of razor blades.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2024 11:55 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Congratulations on the impending celebration.

Quite a story about your family’s cat. So different is the experience of cat and dog. Both are great and fulfilling, though.

I don't know who decided to vote down all the pet stories (but I bet his/her mother hated them)
izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2024 03:26 am
@glitterbag,
My dil's dog died yesterday.

She died while waiting for a rourine operation.

We were driving at the time so she never found out until we got home and she could talk to her mum.

She is in bits right now.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2024 03:27 am
@glitterbag,
I think it's the usual sad muppet and his constipated sockpuppets.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2024 12:02 pm
We had to put our last dog, Brandon, down in April. He just keeled over one day - he was alive but his muscles or something just went. Luckily we had a vet appt the next day. It was a no-brainer, but he was, until that keeling over, a very lively 19 yr old, even if he was blind and deaf.

After a few months of missing the animal presence, we got a 5 yr old rescue cat, Milo. A lovely grey all over. He's like Izzy's cat - not a lap cat. A couple of months later, we got 2 sibling kittens 3 months old. Milo tolerates them, hisses and swipes at them periodically but the kitties aren't intimidated at all. They are so fun to watch and play with.

Needless to say, my house now looks a play room, toys and trees everywhere Smile It's only a pain when I want to vacuum.
Ragman

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2024 02:11 pm
@Mame,
19 yrs is pretty amazing!

Congratulations on stepping back into the pet-ti-nes!
Mame

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2024 02:13 pm
@Ragman,
There's just something about having animals in the house, isn't there?
jcboy

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2024 02:29 pm
My Big dog Frankie weighted 105 lbs and was 15 years old. The Vet that came out to put him down said she rarely sees a dog that size and age.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2024 04:21 pm
I am hanging onto Lilly dog, she's 16 years old now - deaf, has cataract, but is still lively and bounces around. I hope she'll make it for a few more years.

Mame

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2024 10:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
awwww
0 Replies