We lost our Ruby-Dog

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 04:29 pm
Mr. G'bag and I suffered a sad loss yesterday. Our precious Ruby lost her battle with cancer at 10:15 Saturday morning. She had such a sweet temperament, made us laugh by her antics, and was a relentless pickpocket who could unzip my purse in mere seconds to liberate tissues. She would turn herself inside out whenever grand daughter, son and DIL would come by...she would need at least 45 minutes to calm down and get normal before all the licking and lapclimbing and other happy love expressions would settle...She loved our neighbors, especially the children and would watch out the window for her favorite 'Lucy' to show up. She was clever, she could always outsmart us. If I forgot to put the toilet paper out of reach, she would wait until we were distracted then tiptoe up the stairs to make confetti out of the carelessly stored item. There was never a dull moment when Ruby was awake and we are heartbroken that she is not with us anymore. We will miss her terribly, but are thankful for all the all time we did have together............
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 9,035 • Replies: 127

engineer

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 04:35 pm
@glitterbag,
What a touching tribute, sorry for your loss.
roger

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 04:43 pm
@glitterbag,
Ruby sounds a lot like my cat - if he ever took a break from nap time.

Sorry again for your loss.
Ragman

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 05:17 pm
@glitterbag,
Our sincere condolences from Marvelous Maxine, our 12 mo old Cockapoo Honey and me.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 05:28 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Ruby sounds a lot like my cat - if he ever took a break from nap time.

Sorry again for your loss.

Thank you Roger
Ruby is a Vizsla, very catlike and was able to twist herself into amazing positions. I have videos of the crazy dog but for some reason MacBook Pro doesn't let me transfer them to A2K. She's the picture in my Avatar
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 05:30 pm
@engineer,
Thank you, we just loved her dearly.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 05:31 pm
@Ragman,
Thank you Ragman, I was hoping you could meet her the next time you were in town.
snood

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 05:57 pm
@glitterbag,
I haven’t said anything to you about this because I know for myself that no words can ease the pain of losing one of our fur-bearing kids. I’m going to have to go through it again sooner or later with my boy Joe the cat. After a little time, it becomes more possible to just bring the good memories to mind and be grateful that fate allowed us to spend time on earth with such good and loyal little companions. Hang in there friend.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 07:05 pm
@snood,
I know first it takes your breath away and then that awful ball of grief takes up residence in your chest. My rational side knows that we gradually work thru the grief and then later talk about our fur-kids and smile.....but right now I keep looking for her and then remember she's not coming back, and kick myself a little or get weepy. I think I decided to write about her to acknowledge she was a living thing that was a loving (and sometimes a pain in the butt) companion who made us happy. The loss is still very fresh, and honestly, it makes me feel a little better writing about her.....................and it's also soothing to read what you and the others have written. Thank you for being a pal
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 09:16 pm
It’s the unconditional love - that’s what is missed. Sorry for your loss.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 10:34 pm
@glitterbag,
I am greatly saddened by this news.

She was fortunate to have such a wonderful loving family and friends in her life, and you were given a treasure as well, with happy memories to last a long while.

My thoughts are with you and yours as you deal with this loss.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2020 08:22 am
Words are never enough. You gave your dog a wonderful happy life so hopefully there’s some comfort in that.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2020 11:03 am
So sorry for your loss glitter. She had a good life
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2020 11:35 am
So sorry for your loss, Glitter...from me, Nancy and our family Cabot, Nappy, and Cooper.

There is no loss quite like the loss of a four pawed family member.

Thanks for the nice remembrance of Ruby. She will be remembered.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2020 06:00 am
@glitterbag,
Sorry for your loss GB. Ruby sounds like she was a real character.

I have a 13 year old German shorthaired pointer myself, a very similar dog to the Vizsla. The Vizsla also known as the Hungarian pointer.
I remember over 10 years ago they just suddenly appeared and before long they were everywhere, which shows what a good dog they are. I love their eyes.
I get what you mean about cat-like, my pointer Ben can contort himself into crazy positions and cleans himself like a cat.

She obviously had a good and happy life and that's all you can give them.
Take comfort from the time you had together.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2020 02:09 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Thank you, I love GSP's Weims and Vizslas...I've also had English springer spaniels.....the sporting breeds are a little nuts, but great companions and make us laugh. Dogs are wonderful.
0 Replies

olive55

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2021 10:18 am
It's very sad when pets die. Even when they are sick, you still worry about them like your own child. I have a dog and I love him very much. His name is Boner, his breed is Cane Corso. He has been living with me for 6 years and he is a very active boy. However, lately I have been very worried about him, because he was ill. He had problems with his front foot, he needed surgery. I was very worried about his health. He had an operation, now everything is fine, and I am happy that he is fine.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2021 11:02 pm
@olive55,
I'm sorry this is so late, but I hope your dog is doing well now........
Mame

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2021 10:03 am
@glitterbag,
And now you have Penny - is she settling in well?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2021 11:31 am
@Mame,
She's doing great. I haven't started a post about our doggie adoption yet, she's settling in and loosing up a little each day. Poor thing wound up in a county shelter after living with a family for 5 years, she was so demoralized and exhausted she did nothing but sleep for the first week. I haven't figured out how to bring this up on the Forum yet, we have many animal lovers but we also have more than our fair share of stunted maladjusted bozos who involve themselves in topics they really have no interest in, they just simply hope they can annoy others.