We lost our Ruby-Dog

glitterbag

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 10:57 am
@snood,
You don't sound psycho, frankly I would do the same thing.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 09:39 pm
@snood,
I think you will know when the real time is near.
snood

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2021 05:51 am
@edgarblythe,
Yesterday at about 5:30pm I held Joe as he was given the injections to put him to rest.

He gave me almost 20 years of comfort and companionship.

I can only hope that time heals the hurt and makes it easier to just remember the joy.
Ragman

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2021 06:05 am
@snood,
My sincere sympathies. Sorry for your loss. Sounds like Joe gave it a good ride.

I consider it a tribute to your devotion and love that Joe made it 20 years. I can say from experience the loss is felt for many years. May your healing become more tolerable over time.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2021 06:53 am
I still mourn every dog I ever lost, as much as most humans I've known.
snood

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2021 07:11 am
@edgarblythe,
I think I get too attached. Yesterday for hours before we went to the vet, I was feeling like it was ME going to be put to sleep… like I was waiting to go to the gallows, or something. Then I thought, “I guess that’s because a part of you is going to die.”

I wouldn’t even wish these last few days on an enemy.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2021 07:14 am
Twenty years ago, one of my dogs dug a hole in the backyard. She died not long after. I still have that hole and it will never be filled as long as I live here.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2021 08:03 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Yesterday at about 5:30pm I held Joe as he was given the injections to put him to rest.

He gave me almost 20 years of comfort and companionship.

I can only hope that time heals the hurt and makes it easier to just remember the joy.

I cannot put into words just how much I feel your pain. My first cat, Cat, had to be put away at age 18. That was over 20 years ago...and I can still feel the pain today...especially when reading about Joe.

The pain will lessen with time...that's for sure. But there will be moments where the pang will come back. The only good thing I can say about it is...when I feel the pang now, I often remember a special good moment Cat and I shared...and a smile comes on my face along with the feeling of the pang.

I hope those days are not too far into the future for you, Snood.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2021 06:48 am
@snood,
I’m so sorry, just got back from being away for a few days.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 01:41 am
Vic is currently on his way out, lying on the floor, shallow breathing, drifting in and out of consciousness.

He seems to know we're here though.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 02:24 am
@izzythepush,
He's just gone.
snood

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 03:42 am
@izzythepush,
Sorry, guy.
How old was Vic?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 03:54 am
@snood,
He was 19.

He started to slow right down the last few weeks on Monday He had difficulties walking, we got him some joint treatment and there was a slight improvement.

He stayed in, wax warm and surrounded by those who loved him.

I've just got back from taking his body to the vets.

The Kid is in bits, he was very close to Vic having had him since he was eleven, (The Kid, not Vic, Vic and Bob were a year old when we got the from the Blue Cross.)

He had a good last meal, gourmet cat tuna and cat milk.
Ragman

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 04:53 am
@izzythepush,
Sorry for your loss. They’re just like family - our pets. Butbyou don’t have to send them to college or teach them to drive.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 05:20 am
@Ragman,
Thanks.

Still dealing with it, it's still a bit unreal.
Mame

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 05:21 am
@izzythepush,
I'm so sorry to hear that. It's good you guys were there with him.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 05:54 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Thanks.

Still dealing with it, it's still a bit unreal.

It’s been just over a month since I lost my Joe. Time does help, Izzy. The pain is not as sharp. Still looking for him to be in his regular places everyday. But just wanted to tell you and yours that you will get through this.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 06:02 am
@snood,
Thanks, I appreciate it.

I'm having to take it on the chin, The Kid is in pieces and I have to be the rock for now.

It will get better,he's getting married at the end of the month so there's that.

When I was 17 our family cat died out of the blue although she was quite old. Unfortunately she died on April Fool's Day and I didn't believe my mum when she told me, although I was really impressed with the act she put on.

Whe I saw the at really was dead I felt like a complete bustard.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 06:32 am
Pet loss is family loss. Sincere condolences.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 06:50 am
@edgarblythe,
I appreciate that, Thanks everyone, not just Edgar.

I'm going to bake a cake. It's one I will be doing for the wedding. The bride loves peanuts so it's a peanut buttercake.

Last time the cake went down well but not the frosting. I've been given a recipe for a traditional Brazilian frosting so I'm going to try that.
0 Replies