Bad News At Work

Montana

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:23 pm
Awwww CJ, I'm sorry. That really sucks.

If it makes you feel any better, my job really really sucks!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:24 pm
But you get to eat all that lobster! Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:27 pm
Yeah right! Never even had a bite :-(
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:28 pm
cj,

I am really sorry to hear your bad news. Somedays it appears there is no fairness at all. Even the toughest of times can bring silver linings though and this may be a chance for you to move on or up to something even better. Just keep the faith.

Intrepid, I am also shocked to hear your news! 39 years of loyalty and instead of a great retirement you get a kick in the pants. Sad I hope things turn around for you soon....never give up hope.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:28 pm
No? Why not?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:29 pm
Because we were told we'd be fired if we did and there are cameras everywhere in there.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:52 pm
Quote:
The employers demand loyalty of you, but you can be flicked off by them like a piece of lint.

Yeah, and they demand professionalism even when they aren't.

CJ, I'm so sorry to hear that your going through this. But sometimes, things like this can actually be a blessing in disguise. I know that's hard to believe at a time like this -- I really do. But you never know what life has in store -- sometimes it can just haul off and kick us in the stomach --and then it can turn around and lead us down a better path.

I'm glad you have other options you're considering. Stay positive. Just remember that none of this has been your fault.

This is a good time to take back control of your life and start making plans for the future.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:03 pm
Agreed ladyj and stray cat. Thanks.

Montana, I cannot believe they won't let you have any at all. That's retarded. At Thanksgiving do they give out a coupon for 10% off a turkey at the local market?
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:03 pm
Oh, and just one more thing, CJ. After you decide on one of those other options -- and it's your last day at this job -- I think you should kick you're employers in the ding dong. Just a suggestion, of course. Razz
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:06 pm
OK, I have two tickets to see Ted Nugent at the Fillmore in San Francisco on August 2. I'll sell them for $50,000/each. Any takers?

I like this entrepreneur bit. Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:09 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Agreed ladyj and stray cat. Thanks.

Montana, I cannot believe they won't let you have any at all. That's retarded. At Thanksgiving do they give out a coupon for 10% off a turkey at the local market?

They run a tight ship, CJ. I am told that we are given a box filled with a turkey, ham and other meat when the season ends in Dec. The rest of the year is like being in boot camp.

Feel better yet :-)
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:12 pm
Montana,

sounds like they need a good kick in the ding dong!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:16 pm
Yep, I was thinking the very same thing, SC ;-)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:20 pm
I could understand it more if you were dealing in precious metals or stones or Paris Hilton videos but lobster? Geesh.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:24 pm
Did I mention how it's always cold and damp in there and there is absolutely nothing attractive about our uniform? I could go on and on, but Stray Cat thinks I never complain and I don't want to set a bad example for myself, lol!
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:27 pm
No problem, Montana! That just makes you more admirable for putting up with all that!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 10:47 pm
Geee thanks, SC :-)
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 04:44 am
cjhsa wrote:
I have been with this company for nine and a half years. I am a senior level person at what I do and if I don't get the sideways move, it will cost them almost $100,000 in a one time payout to let me go. They don't care. But, we can live on that for at least a year if that's what it comes to. Remember, we live in a very expensive area, and there are five of us. Another option if things don't go well is to move back to Michigan where we already own a couple places. They're vacation type places though, off the beaten path, not in communities we really want to raise our kids in.

Working on my resume.

I got a one time payout as well. I don't know how things work in the U.S. but here you have to pay income tax on that plus whatever you made in the year so it is best to put as much as possible into a RRSP to avoid the tax until next year. The year goes quick Crying or Very sad Do you rent out the properties in Michigan? In my case, I got a lawyer to ensure that I got everything that I would be entitled to. I ended up with 2 extra months pay and 2 extra months medical/dental/vision coverage. Plus, they had to pay my lawyers fees. After that, they did not give me a letter of recommendation.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 07:09 am
sorry to hear that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 09:35 am
Me too.
0 Replies