Something the Mainstream Media Won't Tell You

maxdancona

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 11:50 am
@coldjoint,
Google is a search engine. It doesn't give you definitive answers. It helps you to search for the answers. Any bias you allege in google doesn't change the facts.

A fact is something that can be disproven. Any time you state something as a "fact" you should be able to answer the question... I will admit that this is wrong if I am provided this data or experimental result.

If Brandon is claiming "the Mainstream media didn't report on Israel's recent peace deals with the UAE". This statement is clearly wrong if someone can provide an example where the Mainstream media reported on the peace deal.

Facts are facts only if they are tested, and the conditions that disprove them don't happen. This has nothing to do with bias.

If anyone can provide a link to show CNN's coverage of Israel's peace deal with the UAE... then Brandon's claim is factually wrong.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/politics/israel-united-arab-emirates-normalization-trump/index.html

maxdancona

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 11:56 am
@maxdancona,
Conservatives tend to play this game. They make these general statements of opinion or spin and claim that they are facts. Then they trumpet the fact that "no one can prove them wrong"?

The reason no one can prove them wrong is because they are opinions. You can't prove an opinion wrong.

As soon as anyone states how their claim can be proven wrong... then it is a statement of fact (and then we can actually test to see if it is right or wrong).
coldjoint

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 12:02 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Google is a search engine

Google is a biased search engine. That is what I said, and I am not going to let you drag it out into one of your diatribes. Go right ahead and try, but do it without me.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 12:04 pm
@coldjoint,
If a biased search engine (or Fox News host, or Communist House member, or Racist skin-head) states a fact that can be tested... it is still a fact.

A factual statement is either true or false no matter who says it.

There are many things that Trump says that are true facts. When he says a true fact, I accept it (after testing it of course).

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 12:09 pm
@coldjoint,
If you want a biased internet search engine offering your view: Result Hunter is by conservatives for conservatives - "The search engine that supports YOUR values."
farmerman

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 12:45 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
alternative facts galore??
engineer

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 12:47 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
How Result Hunter works
We filter out media sites that directly oppose your values, and emphasize sites and businesses that support your values. You’ll still get results from all sorts of other sites that we haven’t touched.

This extension will update your default search and new tab to Result Hunter search powered by Bing.

By default, your search experience is set on Safe Search: Strict. This keeps the results somewhat family friendly, although when searching for non-family friendly terms, you will still likely get results that are not family friendly. You can change the Safe Search setting using the top right menu.

Additionally you can use the settings menu to search by date, or search for specific file-types like .pdf files.

Search options include Web, Images, Videos, and News. If you use the News tab, your news results will be far more likely to be from sources that support your values, though not 100% because we cannot manually review every website on the internet.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 12:51 pm
@farmerman,
I just did a comparison search between that site and a normal one. Pretty wild. It also wants to change the default browser on you so you never have to look at differing opinions again.
snood

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 12:56 pm
@engineer,
That’s actually kinda scary
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 12:59 pm
@engineer,
I did a couple of searches and compared to google the results seemed to be pretty similar. I did a search on Charles Darwin, and got reasonable results. They pumped a few ridiculous results to the top, but the Google results were right up there.

A search for "transgender rights" returns the ACLU website as the first result (after the advertisement section).

I think the advertisements are the key.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 01:05 pm
@maxdancona,
Depends on what you search. For instance, google includes results from archives, while those aren't shown (or only also-ran) on that Result Hunter.

Due to my ad-blocker, I don't see advertisements.
farmerman

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 01:13 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I serched out NATURAL SELECTION and INTELLIGENT DESIGN, and , like it promised, the natural selection portion was pretty much academic and relating to Darwinian evolution, whereas INTELLIGENT DESIGN was purely written from a standpoint where no arguments existed because the entire sites were already presented for those whose "Values" included ID as a scientific fact.

DID CONSERVIPEDIA close its doors???

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 01:39 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Are you surprised that Max should claim a far right search engine isn’t far right at all.

Next he’ll be saying that Der Sturmer has a simply adorable cake decorating section.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 02:00 pm
@izzythepush,
My dear Izzy, relax.

Not everyone who disagrees with you is a Nazi.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 03:12 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

If a biased search engine (or Fox News host, or Communist House member, or Racist skin-head) states a fact that can be tested... it is still a fact.

A factual statement is either true or false no matter who says it.

There are many things that Trump says that are true facts. When he says a true fact, I accept it (after testing it of course).

My comment was about Google. Going off on another tangent does not impress me or have anything to do with what I said.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 03:56 pm
@coldjoint,
Your comment was about Google. My comment was about facts.

Don't shoot the messenger.
(See what I did there?)
coldjoint

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 04:15 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Your comment was about Google. My comment was about facts.

Don't shoot the messenger.
(See what I did there?)

Then it should not have been directed at me. I said Google was biased, and I still do.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 04:16 pm
@coldjoint,
That doesn't change the facts.

To me, facts are important no matter which side they come from.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 04:25 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

That doesn't change the facts.

To me, facts are important no matter which side they come from.

Whatever, you done?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2020 07:38 pm
Twitter time.

Quote:
Truer words were never spoken. The American liberal media outlets are the enemy of truth. Their relentless servitude to the Democratic Party is only interrupted by sleep and the occasional video hand job by #JeffreyToobin . pic.twitter.com/HhQFjpQOK7
— James Woods (@RealJamesWoods) October 19, 2020
0 Replies