How do I attract other Black users to my threads?

JGoldman10

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 12:48 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Quote:
he was told he was not "black enough" for certain roles.

Not black enough or not "urban" enough? Because black American actors can't play Doctors, Lawyers, only someone who needs a Doctor or a Lawyer.

What the heck is "urban enough"? Being "Black enough" has to do with conforming to African American stereotypes.

Who says African Americans can't play lawyers or doctors or lawyers?:

https://www.imdb.com/search/keyword/?keywords=black-lawyer
https://www.google.com/amp/s/stuffflypeoplelike.com/160674/5-african-american-tv-doctors-who-paved-the-way-for-nbcs-jlouis-mills/amp/

I've seen African Americans play lawyers and doctors in shows and movies. What are you talking about?

Garcelle Beauvais, the lady who played Fancy in The Jamie Foxx Show played a lawyer in NYPD Blue.
JGoldman10

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 12:50 am
@Real Music,
I didn't see the HBO movie you're talking about about the Tuskegee Airmen. I have heard of Red Tails.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 12:51 am
@Real Music,
I saw Drumline I didn't like it.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 02:07 am
@izzythepush,
I am glad I'm a born-again Christian I'm glad I got Saved at an early age. I don't think I'm better than anyone else.

Maybe what I said in my threads about George Floyd is the reason why Snood doesn't want to be bothered with me. Snood is the only other Black person I know on this site, aside from Real Music. Snood doesn't like me apparently. I asked for his help with a few threads I posted and said he doesn't want me to PM him again, but he won't tell me why.

I don't know what the problem is, I didn't do anything to him. If he doesn't like me, that's not my problem.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 02:10 am
@Real Music,
I've never even heard of some of these movies you listed and described.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 02:20 am
@izzythepush,
I'm a Christian. That's a reason why I am treated better than a lot of other African Americans. I know how to pray.

The fact that I "act white" and don't act, think, and carry myself like a negative African American stereotype and that I don't conform to negative African American stereotypes could also be reasons why I am treated better.

It could also be because I'm fair-skinned and because of how I look.

I know an African American male who is very Afrocentric - he believes fair- or lighter-skinned African Americans are generally treated better than dark-skinned ones.

I'm from the American suburbs, I'm not from any American urban slum. I don't hail from any " 'hood", ghetto or slum. I don't relate to people from American urban slums.

How am I lacking empathy? I'm not talking about INNOCENT people who are subject to cop brutality I'm talking about the IDIOTS who choice to fight and oppose cops. Like the young man who got shot because he tried to take an officer's gun away from the officer. That young man was a thug; he went into a convience store with the intention of causing trouble. I'm talking about the troublemakers and lowlifes who choose to "buck up" against cops instead of complying with them. They are in the wrong but choose to defy police anyway. That is stupid.
izzythepush

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 03:54 am
@JGoldman10,
In a nutshell the bigotry and victim blaming in this post is why you fail to attract other black people.

You can’t see it, but your smug sense of superiority and judgemental attitude mean you’re not a very nice person, and if all ‘saved’ people are like you then Heaven won’t be a very nice place either.
JGoldman10

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 04:01 am
@izzythepush,
I don't think I'm better than anyone else.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 04:05 am
@izzythepush,
I meant:
Quote:
I'm from the American suburbs, I'm not from any American urban slum. I don't hail from any " 'hood", ghetto or project. I don't relate to people from American urban slums.

-FIXED
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 04:06 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I'm a Christian. That's a reason why I am treated better than a lot of other African Americans. I know how to pray.

The fact that I "act white" and don't act, think, and carry myself like a negative African American stereotype and that I don't conform to negative African American stereotypes could also be reasons why I am treated better.

It could also be because I'm fair-skinned and because of how I look.

I know an African American male who is very Afrocentric - he believes fair- or lighter-skinned African Americans are generally treated better than dark-skinned ones.

I'm from the American suburbs, I'm not from any American urban slum. I don't hail from any " 'hood", ghetto or project. I don't relate to people from American urban slums.

How am I lacking empathy? I'm not talking about INNOCENT people who are subject to cop brutality I'm talking about the IDIOTS who choice to fight and oppose cops. Like the young man who got shot because he tried to take an officer's gun away from the officer. That young man was a thug; he went into a convience store with the intention of causing trouble. I'm talking about the troublemakers and lowlifes who choose to "buck up" against cops instead of complying with them. They are in the wrong but choose to defy police anyway. That is stupid.

-FIXED.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 04:09 am
@izzythepush,
I speak English properly also. I enunciuate and articulate. I speak the Queen's English. I don't use Black slang, Ebonics or any form of broken English.

Using Ebonics is a step backwards for African Americans.
JGoldman10

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 04:27 am
@izzythepush,
What "bigotry" are you referring to? I don't associate with riff-raff. I have tried relating to people from " 'hoods", ghettoes or projects. A lot of them didn't like me. I didn't know how to relate to a lot of them. A lot of them made me feel uncomfortable. A lot of them didn't like me because I'm a Christian. Some of these people were racist.

I got along with people who respected me.

If you act like a maniac or some kind of lowlife who wants to attack cops you're going to be treated that way.

You're in the wrong for doing that.

A lot of African Americans who were victims of cop brutality were thugs, lowlifes or some kind of troublemakers. They purposely opposed the cops because they hated the cops. When these idiots were killed by police people cried racism and accused the cops of being racist. They accused the cops of committing "hate crimes". Were the cops WRONG to kill them? Yes they were. You aren't supposed to kill people who are unarmed, especially minors. Killing people in this case is excessive.

Yes the cops are wrong to kill people who aren't posing immediate threats to them, especially if they aren't armed. Yes there are racist cops. Subduing Floyd in the manner the four cops who subdued him did was very racist. Floyd resisted arrest but he didn't threaten their lives.

I'm saying the cops are not always to blame for people being subject to cop brutality and being killed.

snood

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 04:43 am
Just for the record, I don’t believe JGoldman is a Black man.

The only reason I can glean that he claims any connection to black identity at all is because he thinks it gives him some cover for his sickening disrespect of all things African-American.

I encourage anyone here interested in justice and equality and honest discussion about the signs of racial reckoning occurring in this decade to reject all his transparently phony musings in their entirety.

JGoldman10

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 04:44 am
@izzythepush,
I like talking to Real Music. He's a gentleman.
JGoldman10

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 04:55 am
@snood,
My biological mother is African American and my biological dad was a White Jewish man. I'm not a racist. I didn't say I hated everything African American. There are some aspects of African American culture I like. I like African American Christian/Gospel artists. I liked Motown artists. I liked SOME African American rappers. SOME BLACK shows and films I like. I liked some of the music my mother liked. I've asked questions about popular Black hairstyles and about rap/hip-hop culture because I was curious about this stuff. I don't know too much about Black haircare or about Black hairstyles, or about haircare or hairstyles in general.
I'm not Afrocentric; I'm not hung up on culture. I'm a Christian, and as I said I'm not a racist.

I posted a thread about cartoon and comic creativity year ago in which I asked for your help with developing an African American superhero:

https://able2know.org/topic/533467-1

I posted a thread about the McWhopper, and wanted to know if you ever made and tried one.

I tried to PM you about help with these two threads, but you asked me not to PM you. WHY? Did I do something wrong?

BTW, my ethnicity doesn't define who I am as a person. I don't like people who race bait or play race cards.

JGoldman10

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 04:57 am
@snood,
Are you a Christian?
JGoldman10

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 04:58 am
@snood,
I'm sincere about everything I said.
izzythepush

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 04:59 am
@JGoldman10,
You keep saying you’re not racist but you’re not convincing anyone.

You’ve been told why that is, but instead of doing anything about it you double down on your prejudice.

Most of your posts give the impression that you feel you are superior to other African Americans, either because of your profound holiness or because of your pale complexion.

As long as you go round acting superior people will think you’re a bigot.
JGoldman10

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 04:59 am
@snood,
Not all African Americans are the same.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 05:01 am
@izzythepush,
I don't have an "n-word", or a slave, or a ghetto, " 'hood" or project mentality. That's NOT RACIST.
0 Replies