Should I still talk to this girl?

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 11:46 am
We were in the same dating group on Facebook so she messaged me and we been talking for the past two days. But she is in a different state as me like really long distance so there is little chance of meeting. And she worries if I don't respond within a minute because last night I was only gone for 5 minutes and she wrote 6 straight messages asking if I'm okay and alright. And she wrote how sad it is that she's alone right now.

She is like me and never been in a relationship.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 566 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Teufel

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 12:42 pm
@singlesucks13,
The whole two days ..... I do not pretend to understand the social media/dating culture which the younger generations take part in ... But it seems shallow, instantaneous and the breeding ground for nothing useful apart from meaningless sex. In truth there is little more meaningless than meaningless sex. It is just moist shaking hands.

Three things struck me about your post:

* The need for immediate gratification is still the sign of a sure loser in life
* The internet has enabled the most inept, socially dysfunctional people to reach out and stick their faces into everyone else's.
* No matter where one resides on the great food chain of life, everyday everyone is exposed to people that they would never interact with in the physical world.

As for distance ... are you 12yr old?

When I met my wife we lived 3 countries apart ... In this modern age of the wheel, it seems to me that distance is not the issue. Rather it is the constraints of the mind which leaves people unable to move far from the tree off which they dropped.

singlesucks13

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 04:09 pm
@Teufel,
I'm 25 years old
chai2

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 04:46 pm
@singlesucks13,
Sure. Talk to this girl if you want her to check in on you every minute if you don't respond, and keeps telling you how she's alone.

0 Replies

Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2020 08:12 pm
@singlesucks13,
If you do talk to her again, make sure you wear a mask.
0 Replies